1. Like to discuss POLITICS? Come join us at PUNNDITS.com!
    If you like discussing politics and other related topics then your new home (hopefully) for doing just that can be found on Punndits.com! Come join us and help us grow Punndits into a wonderful and safe place to discuss politics with everyone.
    Dismiss Notice

Gimmick Mock Draft w/ Cool Names

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Gaede, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

10,077 Messages
    2,487 Likes Received
    Easy enough gimmick--picking only players that have cool sounding or funny or interesting names. Obviously, using cool names as a draft strategy doesn't always pan out (looking at you Markus Steele and Willie Blade)...but whatever

#1: Anthony Castonzo OT Boston College - In a small trade down, we pick up an extra 3, 6. Solid, smart OT, safe pick. I don't think I need to explain why his name is funny.

#2: Marcus Cannon OG TCU - OK, we get a 350 pound bear with the last name Cannon. Pretty obvious choice here. I look at this guy as the next Larry Allen (i wish). Moves very well for such a big dude.

#3a: Jacquizz Rodgers RB Oregon State - I have never in my lifetime seen, heard, or dreamt of the name Jacquizz. Going a little offense heavy here but I don't care because I don't think there's a cooler name in the draft

#3b: Ras I Dowling CB Virginia - Very interesting name he has. Falls due to medical concerns. Also considered Chimde Chekwa and Buster Skrine here but chose Dowling because I couldn't remember what schools the other guys went to.

#4: Tyler Sash S Iowa - OK, I'm cheating a bit here cause his name isn't nearly as cool as all the other though I do think it has a nice, TJ Ward-type ring to it. Anyways, one of my pet cats, immediately starts for us. If not, he can join all the other special teamers we've got on the team.

#5: Ugo Chinasa DE/OLB Oklahoma State - Don't know anything about this guy but his first name is Ugo--a very fan friendly name.

#6a: Lazarius Levingston DE LSU - Again, I know absolutely nothing about this guy except he started a lot of games for a big time program and I remembered his funny name

#6b: Jock Sanders WR West Virginia - I don't care how small he is, Jock is a ****** fighting football name

#7: Maurice Hurt G Florida - His last name is Hurt. Self explanatory.

UDFA: TE Schuyler Oordt - I'm part dutch and his name looks and sounds kinda dutch.

Done!