1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Gingrich rips into Pelosi

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by vta, May 15, 2009.

1. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Gingrich rips into Pelosi
    Posted: 01:20 PM ET

From CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney

Gingrich said Pelosi is a 'trivial politician, viciously using partisanship for the narrowest of purposes.'

(CNN) — House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is engaging in a "despicable, dishonest and vicious political effort" to withhold what she knew about the CIA's aggressive interrogation techniques, Newt Gingrich said Friday, in what amounts to the harshest criticism yet leveled at the California Democrat.

In an interview with ABC Radio, the former House Speaker said Pelosi flat-out "lied to the House" when she earlier claimed the CIA had never briefed her about the Bush administration's use of aggressive interrogation techniques including waterboarding.

"I think that the House has an absolute obligation to open an inquiry, and I hope there will be a resolution to investigate her. And I think this is a big deal. I don't think the Speaker of the House can lie to the country on national security matters," Gingrich said.

Pelosi has been under fire from critics who say that she was fully briefed on the techniques in 2002 and 2003. On Thursday, the California Democrat accused CIA officials of misleading her, reiterating an earlier claim that she was briefed on such techniques only once — in September 2002 — and that she was told at the time that the techniques were not being used.

Pelosi also said the briefing she received from the CIA was incomplete and inaccurate, and she called on the CIA to release a full transcript of the briefing. She also accused Republicans of jumping on reports of the briefings to cause a distraction.

"She is a trivial politician, viciously using partisanship for the narrowest of purposes, and she dishonors the Congress by her behavior," Gingrich also said in the blistering interview.

Earlier: Source: Aide told Pelosi waterboarding had been used

"Speaker Pelosi's the big loser, because she either comes across as incompetent, or dishonest. Those are the only two defenses," he continued. "The fact is, she either didn't do her job, or she did do her job and she's now afraid to tell the truth."
  2. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,515 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Git her Newt. :bow:

She changes her stance on this everytime she changes her face.

It is obvious the woman is lieing out her pie-hole.
  3. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Newt is one of the greatest politicians of our age
    I'm glad he's putting plastic face in her place
  4. PosterChild

PosterChild New Member

2,027 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  5. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,515 Messages
    1 Likes Received

I am a big Newt fan. I love listening to him.

I agree w/ you again ....even though I hate doing that. :)
  6. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,726 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    He should be the head of the party. Unofficialy he is pretty close, but I would have liked to see him take the job officially.
  7. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

76,269 Messages
    2,334 Likes Received
  8. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    when I said "our" generation, I didnt' mean you old farts ;)
  9. DaBoys4Life

DaBoys4Life Benched

15,621 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :muttley: