1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Gints

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Yuma Cactus, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Yuma Cactus

Yuma Cactus Active Member

665 Messages
    27 Likes Received
    Everyone talks about how great the Gints draft. Does anyone believe that David Wilson was the best player left on their board? I think they devinitely drafted for need, and IMO they were left flat footed when Martin went 1 pick before them.
  2. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,374 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Yhea, I bet they wanted Martin. :D
  3. Bulldog

Bulldog Member

159 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Terrible pick IMO. Running backs are a dime a dozen in today's NFL.

As a Cowboys fan, I loved the pick!
  4. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,155 Messages
    429 Likes Received
    The Giants are good drafters. History shows that.
  5. Yuma Cactus

665 Messages
    27 Likes Received
    This time was an epic fail IMO.
  6. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received

...Wilson is dynamic for sure but small...I see him as a 3rd down back: hugely relieved Martin isn't in blue now: that would have been horrible IMO
  7. Yuma Cactus

665 Messages
    27 Likes Received
    They have small and quick, some mediots are saying he is a Jacobs replacement....lol
  8. nalam

nalam The realist

1,282 Messages
    46 Likes Received
    I wouldn't laugh , until we beat them in the opener and get some honor back.
  9. Yuma Cactus

665 Messages
    27 Likes Received
    The lol was for the mediots saying he was Jacobs replacement. Although I assure you there was alot of higher rated players on that board. They said he was the #2 Rb rated, yea right......
  10. Questfor6

Questfor6 Well-Known Member

1,217 Messages
    224 Likes Received
    I wa scared that Fleener would be their pick, but we don't have a 2nd rounder right now so not like it matters, just glad they didn't get another weapon.
  11. Yuma Cactus

665 Messages
    27 Likes Received
    IMO 'Boys don't need a TE like Fleener. With Witten, Dez and Miles they need another blocking TE. Kung Fu Astronaut was a good fit as a #2 but just too expensive.
  12. dools

dools Member

219 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I was actually happy when I heard their pick. I thought they would take Fleener.
  13. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

21,655 Messages
    1,527 Likes Received
    Seemed like a half round reach, but you must assume they graded him higher than others did because they're pretty good at staying with ther board.
    Btw, there are MANY people who like him better than Martin. He considered to be more dynamic

I guess we'll see. Hope he sux
  14. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    History shows they're also not immune from an Aaron Ross or Sinorce Moss pick.

Anyways, I don't like RBs in the first round unless they're every down players, but I'm not sure Wilson was a major reach. I had him pegged for an early 2nd round player. I was already prepared for the fact that they weren't going to take Fleener. Their TE coach is considered the best in the biz but he's old school like Parcells on tight ends. He doesn't like 1 dimensional hybrid finesse TEs who can't block inline.