1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Give me your W/L Record Prediction as of today (4/2/14)

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Zordon, Apr 2, 2014.

1. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,276 Messages
    1,275 Likes Received
    So much for the excuse that Garrett had a three year process.
    Beast_from_East likes this.
  2. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,276 Messages
    1,275 Likes Received
    Are you willing to do the same?
  3. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,276 Messages
    1,275 Likes Received
    You are making a good point. Rookies don't have a great impact at most positions. The main weakness on this team is the DL. I don't see any rookie DL that can come in and make the line that much better in his first year.
  4. theSHOW

theSHOW Benched

3,050 Messages
    976 Likes Received
    I'm not mad. I always read your stuff lol. Maybe I am mad. I think the news from Washington and Philadelphia is a blip on the radar screen not much more than that. Dallas's record in 2014 predictions before this and after this don't really waver much on this. Just driving home what it is...IMHO Just My Opinion.
  5. daschoo

daschoo Slanje Va

2,349 Messages
    86 Likes Received
    Too early to tell and there's always someone who everyone expects to stink who turn out good like the chiefs last year or seahawks the year before and teams folk have high hopes who play like **** like houston or atlanta last year but here goes.

New York Giants W

Philadelphia W

Washington W

Arizona W

San Francisco L

Houston W

Indianapolis L

New Orleans L

Road:

New York Giants L

Philadelphia L

Washington W

St. Louis W

Seattle L

Jacksonville W

Tennessee L

Chicago L

8-8
  6. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

5,750 Messages
    1,606 Likes Received
    1-15, Winston come on down!

Kidding, way too early to even give an accurate prediction with the draft, more FA and injuries incoming. I'll stay the course and go 8-8 and go from there close to the season opener.
    ceerrece likes this.
  7. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,449 Messages
    770 Likes Received
    I can't guess at this point, but with the schedule I think 8-8 would be a miracle.
  8. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

9,181 Messages
    4,292 Likes Received
    Yeah I know things can change but I just wanted to get a pulse of the fanbase today, hence why I put "as of today (4/2/14)" in the thread title. Most likely everyone's predictions will change once Jerry starts selling his nonsense. I refuse to believe this few people think we're going 10-6 or better.

The minute that happens, I'm buying season tix.
  9. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

9,181 Messages
    4,292 Likes Received
    Wow man...wow. So we're back to 2011-12 again? Really X? REALLY? We're going back to the "effort" thing again? This can't be life....
  10. john van brocklin

john van brocklin Captain Comeback

1,490 Messages
    165 Likes Received
    6 and 10 , Will it be bad enough for a HC change ?
  11. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,452 Messages
    1,263 Likes Received
    9-7 or 10-6 if healthy
    Cowboys606 likes this.
  12. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

9,181 Messages
    4,292 Likes Received
    If it's not, then we might as well change the name of the team b/c that's not the Cowboys I fell in love with.
  13. ceerrece

ceerrece Active Member

275 Messages
    94 Likes Received
    8-8, Dallas stays in football's limbo, not bad enough to land a top 5 pick in the 2015, but not so good to enter playoffs.
  14. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,066 Messages
    2,487 Likes Received
    As of today?

0-0.
  15. casmith07

27,066 Messages
    2,487 Likes Received
    I'm curious how people have us losing to STL after we blew their doors clean off and they haven't improved.
  16. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

11,608 Messages
    4,163 Likes Received
    I'm not certain I completely understand what you're saying.

I just think that with Garrett no longer calling plays or being the OC, that his primary job is to manage the players. If the Cowboys can get to the point that they have reasonable NFL talent at all positions including depth and they are not on the 1st year of a new defensive or offensive scheme, then I'll start being more critical of the details in terms of Garrett managing the game.

If the Cowboy get all other issues worked out and then Garrett blows a season due to poor game management, then I'll call for him to be fired.

Right now, I feel that if Garrett eventually gets fired, that the new Head Coach would inherit a team with reasonably good team character and chemistry. The team that Garrett inherited from Wade was a complete mess in terms of the team mentality. Players like Ratliff developed an overwhelming sense of self importance while Wade was the Head Coach. Once players get that type of attitude it's almost impossible to reverse while that player remains with that team.

Even Head Coaches like Jimmy and Parcells generally tried to get rid of those types of players. Garrett appears to be smart enough to know that he doesn't have the credibility of a guy like Parcells and therefore tries really hard to avoid adding players to the team that would try to challenge his authority.

Wade didn't even handle the smaller issues like Marcus Spears getting too fat which Parcells had warned about. Under Garrett those players tend to move on.
  17. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

20,815 Messages
    7,195 Likes Received
    I'd say we're about a 6 win team.
  18. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

20,815 Messages
    7,195 Likes Received
    Your daddy's Cowboys have been dead for a while now.
    17yearsandcounting and jnday like this.
  19. casmith07

27,066 Messages
    2,487 Likes Received
    Good post.
  20. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,362 Messages
    562 Likes Received
    Heck yeah. If my beloved Cowboys don't reach my lofty goal, I'll gladly say I was wrong; give a reason why; along with an arm-chair QB solution, and live another day. No problem brutha! I can't wait for the season to begin. I'm excited.
    I love my Cowboys!