1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Give me your W/L Record Prediction as of today (4/2/14)

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Zordon, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,915 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    6-10. I'd prefer 2-14 TBH. NFL rewards failure, particularly with next years QB class, mediocrity is just miserable.

Looking at the schedule I see 4-12, but we tend to always win two games we have no business winning (or moral victories, see: Denver), and losing two games we have no business losing.
    Section444 likes this.
  2. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,048 Messages
    793 Likes Received
    :rolleyes:
  3. Cowboy Brian

11,915 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    If I was to make a trend I've been getting less responses from you in recent months. :D

Are you intending to imply that you would prefer 6-10 over 2-14? I mean sure, winning more is great, but if we were to go 6-10 this year then this era is pretty much over. Ware's gone, Witten has 1-2 years, Romo has 2-3 years. If we can't improve then I rather draft the top QB.
  4. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,048 Messages
    793 Likes Received
    Losing to try and get a higher draft pick is poison to a team ......... they only learn to lose, anyone who has ever been a part of a team of any kind knows that.
  5. dreghorn2

dreghorn2 Well-Known Member

1,113 Messages
    191 Likes Received
    That's an interesting take given the content of your sig picture.
    Chocolate Lab likes this.
  6. Cowboy Brian

11,915 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    I've been a part of my share of teams, but that's not what I'm proposing. I'm not saying let's go go lose, I'm simply saying I'd prefer a season with an outcome of 2-14 over one with an outcome of 6-10.
    coult44 likes this.
  7. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,998 Messages
    1,890 Likes Received
  8. davey999

davey999 Well-Known Member

1,665 Messages
    332 Likes Received
    6-10
    Defense not better if not worse.
    Status quo on offense.
  9. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,422 Messages
    5,977 Likes Received
    Tell that to the Colts.
    Beast_from_East likes this.
  10. StevenOtero

StevenOtero Well-Known Member

6,454 Messages
    415 Likes Received
    9-7, still miss the playoffs

[IMG]
  11. windward

windward NFL Historian

15,155 Messages
    447 Likes Received
    I'm Somewhere in the realm of 6 to 10 wins. The bounces of the ball will determine where exactly we end up.
  12. CopenhagenCowboy

CopenhagenCowboy Active Member

941 Messages
    97 Likes Received
    As of today? This:
    We'll see.
  13. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,890 Messages
    7,633 Likes Received
    Hopefully, we never do. I fully expect the defensive roster to be completely different from what we've got today by the time the season rolls around. I do worry about the DL rotation, though. We're not sitting in a great spot to get the WDE we want, and this draft's going to be difficult to move down in in that first round.
  14. Falcon554

Falcon554 Benched

1,187 Messages
    218 Likes Received
  15. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    Has the potential to be an awful year. Gonna need another horribly weak NFCE to hand Dallas a lot of wins.
    jnday likes this.
  16. Jstopper

Jstopper Well-Known Member

322 Messages
    404 Likes Received
    Man we're gonna need a lot of salt and pepper to season up this basket of crow being served at the end of the season. No way in God's green earth is a Tony Romo led team gonna get 4-5-6 wins. Absolutely dont believe that for a second. Like i said 10-6 or 11-5.
    thunderpimp91 likes this.
  17. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    Romo is not going to see 10 or 11 wins this season either.
    StarBoyz83 and BoysFan4ever like this.
  18. thunderpimp91

thunderpimp91 Active Member

249 Messages
    147 Likes Received
    Teams are still bringing in free agents, but regardless why cant a team hit in the draft and win a few extra games? It seems ever year a team or two make out really well, and completely do a 180 from the year before. Look at the Seattle 2012 class, would that team be the same without Bruce Ervin/Bobby Wagnor? Denver with Von Miller? Cincy without A.J. Green? In todays game 1st/2nd round picks are expected to come in and produce right away. Doesn't always work out that way, but if you make the right selection in a league of parity you have a chance to be really good.
  19. Section444

Section444 Well-Known Member

4,350 Messages
    858 Likes Received
    Could have had it last year if he hadn't... nevermind.
  20. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    Romo doesn't have the supporting cast and he can't do it by himself. At this point in the offseason , the team has took a step backwards when it comes to talent and I don't see a couple of rookies winning three or four games due to their play. This team is very close to repeating the Campo years.