1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Glad when the schools start up again

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by burmafrd, Dec 29, 2007.

1. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    Os this board will not be flooded with more of Otero's drivel.
  2. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,177 Messages
    1,212 Likes Received
    yea, he's posted a lot of left wing "the world is out to get you" stuff. but at his age, that's not uncommon. experiences teaches *most of us* patience and tolerance and how to lead by example not just smarting off all the time.

*most* of us. : )
  3. StevenOtero

StevenOtero Well-Known Member

6,373 Messages
    306 Likes Received
    Wow, sorry it isn't all fluff news. I'm sorry that you find some of those articles ridiculous or offensive. I AM NOT backing these articles. DO NOT shoot the messenger. It is not my drivel. Blame the people that wrote it. So sorry that you have to see something other than the stories that you want to see/agree with.
  4. burmafrd

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    well, I guess one could hope that he learns. Or he is going to make the Lone Gunmen look normal.
  5. burmafrd

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    YOU are the one that posts it HERE. SO it is YOUR responsibility its HERE on the board. I know personal responsibility is a dirty word today, but learn it.
  6. StevenOtero

6,373 Messages
    306 Likes Received
    WRONG, the person that is responsible is the person that wrote it. I am doing nothing, but copying & pasting the article over here. Don't get on my case for what others think.

Edit: It is sad really. That you don't want to see anything but what you agree with.
  7. burmafrd

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    You just do not get it. Did the person that wrote it put it HERE?
    How hard is THAT to understand?
  8. iceberg

28,177 Messages
    1,212 Likes Received
    but - understand that if all your cut/paste is all about the same topic, people will see you supporting those views as your own.

as for pasting them in here, that *is* all you. not saying it's bad but you're responsible for posting them here, not the person who wrote it.

there is a theme to the things you post - a lot of it is "out to get you" stuff and "government is bad and look at these other people who think so too!"

which is fine into itself. but don't remove your own responsiblity around what you do.
  9. StevenOtero

6,373 Messages
    306 Likes Received
    DUH, I understand that. What is the big deal? Do you not want to see the other side of the story? Or do you just want to hear only one, thus getting only a slanted view. If you hear both.. you can make your own conclusions since you have heard both sides. By only hearing one side of the story you risk being mis-informed. I'm not saying all the wacko conspiracy articles are true. It is just nice to see both sides of the story.
  10. iceberg

28,177 Messages
    1,212 Likes Received
    this isn't true, otero. but again, it's all the same theme/story over and over and over and over again. got it. you hate the government and they're out to kill the common man.

to you.

or at least to the people you choose to repost articles from.

don't dismiss someone so easily as "said really...you only hear what you want to hear" cause would you want someone to say "sad really, he only says the same thing over and over and doesn't realize it" (burm) or someone who tries to dig a bit deeper into the 'why's' to talk to you about it?

if you don't want people to generalize about you, don't do it to them. you get what you give.
  11. StevenOtero

6,373 Messages
    306 Likes Received
    First of all.. none of you know me. You are making generalizations about me over what articles I post. These articles don't represent me! I am just copying and pasting articles that seem interesting. It doesn't make them true, or me behind them. I don't hate the Government. Once again you are jumping to conclusions by what I post.
  12. burmafrd

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    Give up Ice. He is young and ignorant and yet sure he knows so much. No way to get through to him. I thought sasqie and a couple of others are far out there- but this kid is hanging over the edge, a magnitude beyond them.
  13. StevenOtero

6,373 Messages
    306 Likes Received
    I find it strange how you think I am over the edge. Just because I read some conspiracy articles. It doesn't mean that I believe everything I read! Geez man..
  14. iceberg

28,177 Messages
    1,212 Likes Received
    you started 19 threads on this page, 22 on the next and have the top 3-4 on the 3rd page just since you started posting.

there's a difference between wanting to talk about the other side of the story and seeing the guy on the street corner with his THE WORLD IS GOING TO END sign on passing out flyers left and right.

yes we want to talk about it. that's why we're all here. but you don't need to pummell us with every left wing rag out there. just because they put 'truth' in their name doesn't make it so. if i do a 'bushtruth.com" and make it all about good things, or even debunking the 9/11 conspiracties, it's suddenly true?

you're asking for a level of understand to your views you're not giving. that makes discussing things more difficult.

you wonder why people see you as a left wing fanatical poster?

cause that's what you've been doing. spamming the hell out of the board with 1 view and when asked why or to slow dwon, it's YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH! type stuff.

again, we're all here to talk and exchange views. but no one wants to be spammed to either side to the point where the forums is hard to navigate simply because one well intentioned poster went post-crazy as his overall intro to the forum.

if you want to be seen as intelligent, just act it. you want to be seen as a fanatic, just act it. the rest folows what *you* do.
  15. StevenOtero

6,373 Messages
    306 Likes Received
    Well if that is what it is going to take. I won't post anymore articles.
  16. iceberg

28,177 Messages
    1,212 Likes Received
    what else could i do with it, ot?

you're right we don't know you. yet you know us well enough to say things like we're narrow minded, can't see the truth, small minds, don't understand YOU...

how did you get such insight in here we can't seem to get? are you not making generalizations about us when you do that?

like it or not, these articles DO represent you despite your fevered denial. this is a fact of life that doesn't limit itself to 1 point of view but people take as a character trait of the person doing it.

you can't claim innocence about the things *You* choose to do and say in life. you made that choice. you can either be responsible for it or you can say things like...

so i just ask, why can you jump to conclusions about us and we can't do it in return?
  17. iceberg

28,177 Messages
    1,212 Likes Received
    once again you embrace the extreme. if 10% of the world is extreme 1 way and 10% the other, that still leaves 80% in the middle to play with.

i never said stop posting. i said if you keep doing what you do, you'll "get what you give" so if you don't want to be seen as a maniacal poster on the left wing fringes, stop posting article after article of which supports that view even if you don't.

pick and choose your battles. not everything is war.
  18. StevenOtero

6,373 Messages
    306 Likes Received
    I'm am just tired of being damned on here. If me stopping the posting of one-sided articles will stop that. Then so be it, and let us move on.
  19. burmafrd

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    Gotta give you credit for your patience, ice. I would never be able to keep it up like you did. Gettin old and crotchety, I guess.
  20. iceberg

28,177 Messages
    1,212 Likes Received
    but when you repost it time and time and time and time again...

people see the pattern. it's a rather narrow one.

you're NOT stupid. burm is our own conservative outter fringe dude so i expect you two to lock horns over just telling someone the time. you do have a lot of intelligence that i can see so far. but you're "field of vision" is what you look for and not what it may really be.

that comes in time and i can explain it in no other way. you views may not change but how you arrive at them may.