1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Global Warming Alarmists Propose Limiting Population... to the Point of Extinction

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Angus, Mar 19, 2009.

1. ethiostar

ethiostar Well-Known Member

6,307 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    And those figures are based on 1995 estimates and of course only consider monetary value. We all know there is more values to consider than just the all mighty dollar. At this point the total estimate should be around $140,000-150,000.
  2. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

15,253 Messages
    2,453 Likes Received
    You most certainly do.

Furthermore, she stays with you because she wants to, not because you keep her in doubt about her self-worth.
  3. Royal Laegotti

Royal Laegotti Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!

4,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Actually even though there are challenges that come with the decision we've made it has actually made our marriage stronger and removed all kinds of distractions from our life and given us alot more time to be together as a couple and as a entire family. It probably doesn't seem true but it is.

Although a stay home mom my not generate actual tangible wealth as in $$$$$$$, you can't put a price on what a stay home mom does, they are the hand that rocks the cradle, they have the power to raise the next generation, there IS no more productive member of society. But i'm glad your wife enjoys working, really I am.

All I can really say here is that a true active faith in God can really pull a person/family through some tuff stuff and can also prevent the one who practices the teachings of the Bible from getting into some real tuff situations in life by decisions that person makes.

Just a small example. Before I put total trust in God with my life I really used to fret and worry about losing my job, gut wrenching worry, this is even when my wife worked and she made pretty good money to. I would worry that i'd lose my income that I used to do things that I liked and buy things that we wanted.

I've been through 4 layoffs this year and prayed that I would be spared and let God handle it the way he wanted. I learned 2 things from this 1. God has spared my job thus far, he heard and answered my prayers. There are still layoffs just over the horizion if business doesn't get better so I ain't outta the woods yet. 2. #1 has taught me to trust God, (but that's not the only thing that has taught me this). If I do lose my job this year than it was His will and that's fine with me, I trust Him to take care of us, meaning take care of our needs, no matter what happens.

Now we are a family of 4 who is on one income in this economy the way it is, with the huge possibility that i'll lose my job sometime this year and I am not worried, infact I thankful that I still even have a job while many folks don't. Even if things get alot worse for us I still won't turn away from God but will cling to Him more.

I say this because this is what we want to teach our children, nobody can like we can, this is what's most valuable. I hope that is what your mom is doing for your son and I sincerely hope you and your wife will do this for yourselves also so you can teach your son to. Dude i'm going to pray for you and yours whether you like it or not!:)
  4. Royal Laegotti

4,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah she doesn't have any doubt that her self worth is high, she tells me she works alot harder staying home with the kido's than she ever did having a job in the world, I actually think she wants a raise!:D
  5. Royal Laegotti

4,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Amen to that!

I hope my wife doesn't find out about this, she really will get the big head! :p: j/k
  6. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,619 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    Are you sure about "no alimony"? http://www.divorcesource.com/TX/ARTICLES/henderson2.html

As for the rest of your diatribe, you call me arrogant, what about is original post toward me or was that ok because well you agree with its premise. He claims he was giving advice but he was just pontificating telling me I should have my wife at home, hope my child becomes religious etc

Irony of course is that he is telling me how to act yet the whole basis of this thread in the first place was that people don't want to be told how many children they should have.
  7. CanadianCowboysFan

15,619 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    Don't, use your prayers for someone who believes it will make a difference if you pray for him/her or not.
  8. Royal Laegotti

4,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I can see how you think I was telling you how to live in a sort of commanding way but I really meant it to be positive and encouragement because it's what I know and believe and I thought I'd share it with you.

Having said that I do believe in freedom of choice (and I don't mean abortion). I think families should have the freedom to have as many children as they want. I certainly wouldn't want the government telling us how many we can and can't have especially when they can't even manage money.

I also believe that people (you) have all the right in the world to live as you want and raise your kids how you want, no matter how much I disagree with your choices.

I would never try to somehow FORCE someone to live a certain way or to believe in God and the Bible, that has to come from their heart. But when given a opportunity I will try to sell or convince someone to my way of thinking, which is what I tried with you. Kinda like fishing, you can't force that fish to take your hook you gotta convince him to take it. Obviously neither one of us had much success fishing in this thread.

Even though you don't want me to you still can't FORCE me not to pray for you and yours. If you think that's a waste of time then it's a waste of my time and you don't have to concern yourself with it. So:p: !
  9. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,046 Messages
    792 Likes Received

Wow

You really have stepped over the deep end.
  10. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    So a woman who stays home and influences and raises the next generation of people isn't a productive member of society.

I've seen some moronic posts in my life and many of them from you but this post may be the Mount Rushmore of all moronic posts.
  11. peplaw06

peplaw06 That Guy

13,686 Messages
    410 Likes Received
    Yeah... I'm sure. 95% of what I do is family law. A Texas court cannot order you to pay permanent "alimony." There's contractual alimony, which you would have to agree to. And there's temporary maintenance, which is limited to 3 years.

So your comment re: him paying through the nose in alimony wouldn't be possible in Texas, at least not for more than 3 years. And that's just one jurisdiction. Do you know where he lives? If you don't, then I suggest you quit talking like you do.

At no point did he attack you or your family. You did.

That's ironic why? Because you are in here telling people how many children they should be allowed to have... Sounds to me like he's just giving you back a little of your medicine if you think he's telling you how you should live.
  12. iceberg

iceberg detoxed...part 2 Zone Supporter

28,338 Messages
    1,362 Likes Received
    oooooo - a lawyer smackdown!
  13. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,046 Messages
    792 Likes Received

Its easy to see the difference in a real lawyer and a canadian lawyer.
  14. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    It's because he's Canadian. I can say that because I'm Cajun. Which means we are a higher evolution of the French. :D
  15. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,389 Messages
    578 Likes Received

and that word says it all. Cajun Cowboy everyone hogher evolution of the French.

:):):):):):):)
  16. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I didn't say we were more highly evolved spellers. :laugh1:
  17. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,389 Messages
    578 Likes Received

Its the thought that counts.

:p::p::p:
  18. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Don't you mean "Thot"? :confused:
  19. CanadianCowboysFan

15,619 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    actually your acadian french brethren were so weak, they were forcibly booted out of their homes in 1755 so I don't know about the higher evolution of French :lmao2: .

Pep, you stated that you cannot get alimony in Texas, you were wrong. You can, it might not be as much as in most jurisdictions but you can get it. Texas law seems a tad draconian and backward thinking (definitely male oriented for sure) but you can get it. I am sure a lot of my male clients who have guidelines up here telling them that they will pay 40-46% of the family net disposable income to the wife for child and spousal which can be for an indefinite period would love to live in Texas. I have one case where there are no children and my guy has been required to pay 2000 a month for almost 7 years with no end in sight because he ex simply refuses to get a job, just keeps going to school and no court will force her to work.

I know most of my female clients would not want to live there because, you can get married, have a kid, divorce and then be kept for upward of 18 years.

Thus is canadian spousal maintenance law made.

I query though, do the courts make up for the alimony law by allowing the wife greater child maintenance and greater division of the assets?

As for where he lives you assume I really cared and even if he won't have to pay for a long time, he will probably have to pay something. You know and I know it.
  20. iceberg

iceberg detoxed...part 2 Zone Supporter

28,338 Messages
    1,362 Likes Received
    if you don't like our laws, suddenly i'll die for them.