1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Global Warming Fellas...

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by ABQCOWBOY, Jul 19, 2007.

1. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,202 Messages
    2,039 Likes Received
    Is it or isn't it?
  2. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,873 Messages
    1,709 Likes Received
    There are a whole lot more holes in the theory then the media wants to admit.
    I have to laugh at those claiming the Bush administration is intimidating scientists. There seem to be stories every day about scientists who disagree with the theory being threatened and fired everywhere else. BUT you really have to dig for those stories- you will not find them on CNN, NBC, etc.
  3. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

25,326 Messages
    1,252 Likes Received
    In the 70's it was "global cooling".... now its "global warming"... so who knows...

I had heard a story about Bush and that one of the first things he did was install "solar paneling" for energy.... yet Al "Mr. Green, Mr. Environment, Mr. Internet" Gore was using up $300,000 dollars a month in electric bills...

This release just after accepting his award for the movie "Inconvenient truth"
  4. StanleySpadowski

StanleySpadowski Active Member

4,815 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Sometimes I think the human race overestimates their importance.

The southbound ends of all the northbound cows in the US put out more greenhouse gases than all the automobiles on the planet by a wide margin.

Plus there's the warm sun cycle theory that would explain the global warming that's currently occuring on both Mars and Jupiter, unless algore thinks that's our fault too.
  5. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,202 Messages
    2,039 Likes Received

I think if you asked most Americans, they'd probably blame it on Bush.

;)
  6. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It's a religion, and Gore is their messiah. Activists use climate change to explain things 1) they don't like, or b) they don't understand. Hurricanes? Global warming! Floods? Global warming! Tsunamis? Well, you get the idea. All of these things used to be called "the weather."
  7. ConcordCowboy

ConcordCowboy Mr. Buckeye

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Global Warming is Happening.

To deny it...is like denying that Bush has screwed up in Iraq.
  8. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,622 Messages
    1,036 Likes Received
    It isn't a political issue - it gets associated with Gore and then people react in a certain way.
  9. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
  10. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,622 Messages
    1,036 Likes Received
    You are correct about the cows -- however, who put them there? They don't make themselves (seriously, most are artificially inseminated) -- it isn't about feeding people either -- you can feed far more people if you use the land for stuff like wheat and soy. Changing eating habits is a major topic for those interested in global climate change.

The cows are a major issue but that is ulitmately a human impact on the environment. Incidentally, there are many ways to reduce cow, umm, gases considerably for pretty cheap. Cow farts aren't as sexy a topic as gas mileage so you don't hear about that as much -- also, there isn't a hell of a lot the average person can do about that unless he or she owns a feedlot. There is however considerable research being done in those areas.
  11. ConcordCowboy

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    For God's sakes Gore is HARDLY the only person that is saying this.

Why do people think we went to Unleaded Gas...Cut fuel emmisions...watch the ozone layer...Hell I have to pay $20 a year on top of my regular license fee to get E-checked to make sure my car falls within the Government standards for clean air.

There are many more examples.

But the point is the Government and Even Bush now...reconizes that what we do affects the Climate.

I'm sorry but to think otherwise is ridiculous.
  12. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Global warming no more exists than bigfoot or vampires. It is nothing more than a left-wing scare tactic, giving them a foundation for reclaiming power on the basis that republicans arent doing enough to keep us safe.

First of all, there are normal heating and cooling patterns that span across generations and have been occuring since the dawn of time. What Al Gore and his cronies convientantly leave out of their global warming propanganda is that in the late 1800s, there was a 30 year span of increased temperatures across the globe, and during this time the average temperature in the US was actually HIGHER than it is today. Of course, the climate leveled out and returned to normal, like it always does, and will again

Second, how can ANYONE believe the lies of a man whose personal jet emits more polluted gases in 3 hours than a diesal truck does in 100 hours of operation? If you've ever seen the South Park episode involving Al Gore and his "manbearpig" and didnt get it, menbearpig = global warming. To the educated among us, the idea really is that absurd.
  13. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Bush did screw up in Iraq, however his error was in how he went about it. He should have leveled the entire nation in oen fell swoop and saved the lives of over 1,500 American troops. We wouldnt be concerning ourselves with this "let's go from house to house and find the terrorists" BS if there were no houses left.
  14. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

15,284 Messages
    2,469 Likes Received
    Yes, there is global warming. However, it does not occur for the reasons people think...in my opinion. Many Democrats use environmental issues like many Republicans use terrorism--as a means of fear mongering.

The climate on our lovely blue and green world is anything but static. It's been in a perpetual state of change since well before man's arrival. The idea that Al Gore or any other politician can undertake measures to lock global temperatures within certain ranges is ludicrous.

In fact, we just recently (in a geologic sense) exited the last glacial period, about 10,000 years ago. Therefore, it's not surprising that the planet is continually warming.

We should understand that man can and does impact his environment, especially on a localized scale. However, we should also understand the difference between legitimate enviromental concerns (over grazing, the extinguishing of necessary forest fires, etc.) and political scare tactics, regardless from which party they come.
  15. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    When Reagen and Daddy Bush were in power, it was "El Nino", but megically during his 8 years of office Clinton managed to cure all that ailes the planet and save the world from this horrible phenomina. Now that the republicans are back in power, "global warming" is going to kill us all. Now, if a dem gets elected in '08, he will have the sacred cure and all will be returned to normal.
  16. locked&loaded

locked&loaded its redskin season

2,827 Messages
    85 Likes Received
    Scientists are saying this, they arent running for office. Bush has made scientist be quiet about it. There was recently a meeting in paris where many scientists agreed that global warming is real, its time for people to accept something is going on. The glaciers are melting, they showed one melting at 5 feet per day. We are ripping apart the amazon (THE LUNGS OF THE EARTH) you dont think these are problems? WE have cars that get 8mpg. Trucks get 18 tops.
  17. locked&loaded

2,827 Messages
    85 Likes Received
    Ya good idea, i love when the rest of the world hates america. Its a great feeling. Lets level a whole country and kill innocent people.
  18. ConcordCowboy

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Like I said before...We have standards that Democrats AND Republicans have put in place because they recognize what is happening.
  19. locked&loaded

2,827 Messages
    85 Likes Received
    Yes i also get all my information from trey parker and matt stone. They said the makers of family guy were seals was it? Good source of information, i wish i was also educated.
  20. ConcordCowboy

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received

:lmao2: