1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Glover and Ellis **Merged Threads**

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Bungarian, Oct 16, 2005.

1. Bungarian

Bungarian Butt Monkey

2,162 Messages
    437 Likes Received
    Glover had 2 sacks and a forced fumble and Ellis had a sack. Good to see the guys who played so well for us in the past still get it done.
  2. roughneck266

roughneck266 Well-Known Member

1,796 Messages
    87 Likes Received
    Ellis had a pretty handy fumble return too. 37 yards I think.
  3. Bizwah

Bizwah Well-Known Member

5,939 Messages
    189 Likes Received
    Remember in 98 when Ellis had two looonnnnggg FRs for TDs? Funny how he got caught by two OL.

Too bad Ware couldn't have picked up the ball, he would've scored the TD, and we wouldn't have seen OT.
  4. adbutcher

adbutcher K9NME

10,558 Messages
    241 Likes Received
    The bear was on Ellis from rushing the passer late in the game otherwise he would have probably outran the OL. I know the guys are going to give hm the business about being sucked up by an OLineman, lol.
  5. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah, don't look now, but things are working out more or less the way Parcells said they would-- Glover and Ellis are playing a little less, but seem to be more effective...

Glover now has 3.5 sacks in 6 games, Ellis has 4... if they kept that pace up, both would be at or near 10 sacks for the season...

And let's not forget the kid (DeMarcus Ware) has 4 sacks in his last 4 games, also on pace for 10 sacks or thereabouts... what a find he's been...

That's 11.5 sacks spread out among our 3 best pass rushers, in 6 games... very quietly, Dallas has become one of the best pass-rushing teams in the league...
  6. NorTex

NorTex Member

965 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Too bad he didn't score, that slow poke. We only got 3 points off of that. A TD would have given us the game in regulation. I thought Ellis was faster than that.
  7. ddh33

ddh33 Active Member

4,934 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    It does go to show you how different personalities are marketed differently. Strahan had a good day with two sacks himself. After every play he made, he let everyone know he made the play. Naturally, the announcers comment about what a player he is.

On the other hand, Greg Ellis has the same kind of day, and it's sort of swept under the rug because Greg is just that kind of guy. He can play on my team though.
  8. dargonking999

dargonking999 DKRandom

11,793 Messages
    172 Likes Received
    did you see how slow he was runnign down field, man this guy is orrible that should have been a TD.

:D:D:D

:D:D:D

:starspin
  9. Nerm

Nerm New Member

297 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Ellis reminded me of Gayle Sayers with the ball. The speed, the fluid movement, the vision... that run was a sight to see.

Actually, it seemed like he didn’t know what to do and was looking to handoff to a DB but he couldn’t find one. I had to laugh after I was done cheering.
  10. Silverstar

Silverstar Active Member

3,950 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    Better him running with the ball than Ferguson. :)
  11. Paniolo22

Paniolo22 Hawaiian Cowboy

3,608 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    If he were a rookie, he would have scored.
  12. lurkercowboy

lurkercowboy Active Member

4,029 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    In his youth, Ellis had more than one long TD run.

Did anyone else have a flashback to Jeffcoat in 1985?
  13. DallasDomination

DallasDomination Well-Known Member

6,241 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    He was running like a girl....I was just praying they didnt strip the ball from him lol.
  14. JDSmith

JDSmith New Member

1,669 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It was pretty funny. He looked like a giant woman running with a purse. Not that I'd tell him that to his face...
  15. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

5,439 Messages
    101 Likes Received
    We all know that Ellis and Glover weren't happy about the 3-4 switch and even more unhappy about reduced snaps....
    Since I'm too lazy to do the research, I'm wondering what they're numbers are last year versus this year. Seems to me like they are making about the same number of plays and sacks as they were last year only this year they are doing it with fewer snaps. And there are other players that are making big plays and sacks on defense too.
    Hmmm maybe BP's strategy is working after all....?
  16. Spurs21Cowboys22

Spurs21Cowboys22 New Member

120 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Last year Ellis had 22 tackles and 6 sacks after 6 games. Glover had 17 tackles and 3 sacks after 6 games.

This year Ellis has 11 tackles and 3.5 sacks. Glover has 12 tackles and 3 sacks.

This difference seems to be the timing of their big plays. Rather than being early in the game, they are late in the game. Depth is the key, IMO.
  17. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

5,439 Messages
    101 Likes Received
    thanks for the numbers...once again I'm going to guess without looking it up but I'm presuming that their production declined later in the year (probably due to wear and tear)?
  18. rojan

rojan Active Member

1,486 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Do you guys remember His TD run on monday night Vs Atlanta the season after Atlanta made it to the super bowl... He was way faster than but o well, he played perty good today.
  19. dargonking999

dargonking999 DKRandom

11,793 Messages
    172 Likes Received
    looking at the nubmers it seems that their play has feel off, but i think this question should be revisted in week 16 when the season is at it's end and you start to get tired quicker
  20. 2much2soon

2much2soon Active Member

2,437 Messages
    7 Likes Received

Didn't he break his leg shortly thereafter in the same game? He has never been quite the same since.
    Whatever the case, can you imagine how this defense would look without him and Glover? Almost laughable that some thougth they should be traded during the offseason...