1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

GM Mock, Help Me Out.

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by SDogo, Apr 7, 2012.

1. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Doing my weekly GM mock I take part in and because of the schedules of some of the GM's we are doing this via snail mail so I decided to use the time and make it interactive with this board.

I'll take a pool of 10 or so players when the pick comes up that I have left on my board and post them for discussion. I will also let you know if any trades are offered and see what you think.

First of all. The first 13 so far have been interesting. I think I'm seeing a trend that could very well develop come draft day. There was a TON of action between 9-13 with teams trying to move up. The Jets traded with the Seahawks to get Barron and the Chargers moved up with the Cardinals to get Cox.

We have our options of the following players and trade offers:
    *I have until midnight to send in my pick*
    *Poe went to Carolina*
    *Ingram went to Jacksonville*

Players:

Michael Brockers
    Stephon Gilmore
    Dre Kirkpatrick
    David DeCastro
    Cordy Glenn
    Justin Blackmon (yes I'm serious, 2nd time this has happened, also 3rd mock today I have scene with him dropping to 14)

Trade Offers:

Chicago Offering:
    #19, #79 & #184

Bengals Offering:
    #17 & #53

Browns Offering:
    #22, #67, #100 & a swap of 5th giving us #139 and send #152 to the Browns
  2. StarHead69

StarHead69 Active Member

1,313 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    Take the trade with the Bengals!
  3. Tejano15

Tejano15 Member

394 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    Trade with bengals.. I'm for that one as well..
  4. unionjack8

unionjack8 Well-Known Member

1,928 Messages
    268 Likes Received
    Bengali trade
  5. Sonny Koufax

Sonny Koufax Member

236 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    Trade with Bengals...or Blackmon.
    SDogo, if we took Blackmon, what could we get for Miles Austin?
  6. cowboysooner

cowboysooner Well-Known Member

1,381 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    Is Kuechley on the board? I'd definitely take the Bengals offer but I'd just like to know who Philly and Seattle may take. I'm assuming the Bengals are getting Blackmon.

DeCastro is not going to Philly. Brockers probably won't go to Seattle. Seattle probably won't take a corner.
  7. btcutter

btcutter Well-Known Member

2,646 Messages
    150 Likes Received
    Trade with Bengels.
    DeCastro, Glenn, Gilmore....one of those with still be available no to mention Blackmon.
  8. btcutter

btcutter Well-Known Member

2,646 Messages
    150 Likes Received
    Btw, this is unrealistic.
  9. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,506 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    Take the Bengals trade - they've gone mad with that offer. No way we ever get such a deal on draft day - drop 5 spots and get a second rounder. That's the sort of deal you would normally see around the #5 pick in the draft.

They much really want to get ahead of the Eagles or the Jets.

BTW, I would take any of those deals and I do like the Browns deal where we net a 3rd and a 4th rounder plus a swap to drop 8 spots. I know some here won't like it because many of the players they have become attached to will be gone by then but I think we are getting into a good part of the draft to address our needs - OG, CB, OLB, DE. Basically we have stars but we lack young quality at a number of spots on this roster. We need to get younger and cheaper in the next while so we can continue to afford Romo, Ware, Miles and Witten. Plus sometime soon we'll have to re-sign Lee, Dez and Tyron.

With all those extra picks in the Browns deal I think we could patch a lot of holes in this roster.

I'd still like one more trade down to around #35-40 or so with next year's first thrown into the mix. This gives us a chance at getting a premium QB prospect to mature behind Romo in next year's draft.
  10. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Not so

IND-Luck
    WAS-Griffin
    MIN-Kalil
    CLE-Tannehill
    TB-Richardson
    STL-Claiborne
    JAX-Ingram
    KC*-Kuechly
    CAR-Poe
    BUF-Reiff
    MIA-Coples
    JETS-Barron
    SD-Cox

Sorry if you think the top 13 are supposed to fall in ideal order. We all have scene that's always the case with the draft.
  11. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,318 Messages
    466 Likes Received
    Yea Cincinnati probably wants Blackmon. That's an attractive trade offer but it's possible you'd lose out on both DeCastro(SEA) and Brockers(PHI). Is Michael Floyd still available? If he is I'd take that trade, Seattle would jump on Floyd at 16.
  12. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,318 Messages
    466 Likes Received
    Teams get giddy when a player like Blackmon starts sliding. He's a top 10 value so the trade price would definitely rise past what you'd traditionally get for #14. I think we could see something similar play out if this were to happen on draft day, especially a team like Cincy who has an extra 1st to play with.
  13. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

2,929 Messages
    538 Likes Received
    Trade back to 17 and add #53 while still ending up with DeCastro. Now that's gotta be a dream scenario for everybody.

DeCastro
    McClellan
    Crick
    Blake
    Norman
    Ellison

Something like that would be a pretty amazing 4 rounds.
  14. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    They want DeCastro who the Eagles GM tried to move up earlier for. I would of thunk it was Blackmon.
  15. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,848 Messages
    917 Likes Received
    Option 1 Bengals trade.
    2 Bears trade
    3 DeCastro
  16. cowboysooner

cowboysooner Well-Known Member

1,381 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    The only crazy thing about that is the Eagles wanting DeCastro when they have a high priced guard and a 1st rounder from last year.

At 17 I'd consider Blackmon. He is a very good player at 17 and would abuse any 3rd corner in football. That would be a Romo friendly offense. It would be better than the Packers top 4 pass catchers.
  17. Staxxxx

Staxxxx Member

286 Messages
    10 Likes Received

Aside from Blackmon is there anyone else not on our board who is sliding? Just trying to project who might come off the board in the next 3 picks if we traded. I'm also wondering if the Bengals an Bears would be looking to trade with Philly and Seattle if we dropped to 17.

I'm guessing the Browns are after Blackmon, Brockers fills a need and seems like a typical Philly 1st round pick to me, Seahawks are a bit of a wild card to me, neither guard nor wr are pressing needs for them but I can see them taking Castro, Glenn, or Blackmon. As disappointing as Golden Tate been and with Moffitt and McQuistan at guards already I'd lean toward Blackmon with them. This trade gets even better if there is someone still available not on this list who Seattle might go after like Mercilus or Kuechly. Also Guessing the Bengals are looking at Kirkpatrick or Gilmore and have no Idea what Chicago might be after.

I'd say worst case scenario is we're looking at Kirkpatrick/Gilmore or Glen at 17 and Pick up another second. In this scenario I'd probably take Gilmore(I think he's a better fit in Ryan's system) and try and package #53 and our third to get back up to the top of the second and take Konz, Zeitler, or Silatolu.

Best Case scenario DeCastro at 17 and 2 picks in the middle of the second. Either way I think I'm doing the happy dance.
  18. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

2,929 Messages
    538 Likes Received
    Yeah there's no way the eagles are looking at DeCastro. They just paid Mathis and Watkins was just taken in the 1st last year. Baring injury those will be their 2 starters next year.
  19. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'd take the Bengals trade, too.

Then, I'd choose between:

Brockers
    Gilmore
    Kirkpatrick

With that extra 2nd round pick, I'm calling N.E. at 27, and I'm going after Peter Konz. I'd gladly flip two second rounders to get a plug and play, starting center. I think bagging two first rounders is better than drafting two second rounders and one first rounder.
  20. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Active Member

4,541 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    don't be greedy. take DeCastro