1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

GM Mock, Help Me Out.

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by SDogo, Apr 7, 2012.

1. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I thought so as well, even discussed it with the Eagles GM who is well connected and he made a very supportive argument. If you look at the Eagles draft history and roster moves they have never been afraid to pull the trigger on the drafts best prospect at a given position. It's one of the reasons they are very particular with their own FA's. They are always reloading and Andy loves taking Offensive Lineman.
  2. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

3,092 Messages
    674 Likes Received
    Didn't they just reload last year though by signing Mathis and drafting Watkins. It's not like those 2 are old and have been in Philly forever. I dont have any sources, but I'm pretty confident the Eagles aren't dumb enough to take another OG in the 1st.
  3. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Watkins turns 28 this year.

Mathis will be 31.

He, Zietler and Glenn were also invited for a visit so its obvious they are looking
  4. Staxxxx

Staxxxx Member

286 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    I'm also pretty surprised by this, at least in round 1. When you look at Philly's needs a big tackle who can stop the run seem like it would be number 1, and when you take into account their starters Patterson and Jenkins both are over 30, Philly's history with players over 30, and the fact that Brockers is still on the board it seems like a no brainer.

Still and Worthy arguably carry 1st round grades but would be a reach here. You could make an argument for Safety but with Barron off the board that's out and lastly you could argue weakside LB but again at 15 that would be a reach. I guess if any team has put themselves in position to go 100% BPA in round 1 it would be the Eagles but unless they really don't like Brockers I have troubles seeing it.
  5. rkell87

rkell87 Well-Known Member

7,361 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    Begals trade for sure.

Geez I can't wait till the draft I am so ready for it
  6. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,903 Messages
    1,501 Likes Received
    Bengals trade 100%.

The Eagles fake GM is plain wrong. Eagles need some LB's, can use a safety and would love another pressure player along the DL.
    They'd also probably love a WR if an elite one fell that far.

But it doesn't matter. Value is astonishingly good in that trade so I'd take it and hope for Brockers to last til 19. If not... Upshaw, Mercilus, Glenn, Gilmore and others become very inviting.
  7. btcutter

btcutter Well-Known Member

2,799 Messages
    245 Likes Received
    Not that the top 13 fell this way. Unrealistic that Bengals offered their 2nd round pick to move up 4 slots.

These GM's are so concentrated on the 1st round pick that they are willing to mortgage the farm to get "their player" in the 1st.
  8. Staxxxx

Staxxxx Member

286 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    So what was the verdict?
  9. Duane

Duane Active Member

6,890 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    Bengals trade and we still get Michael Brockers, Stephon Gilmore, David DeCastro, or Cordy Glenn at 17.
  10. cowboysooner

cowboysooner Well-Known Member

1,382 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    The Bengals are basically offering the value of the 10th pick. I can see it if a consensus top 10 guy at a premium position was on board. Nobody would do it for DeCastro, but if you have a guy rated as your 5th or 6th best player and you only give up #10 value then the chart I can see it.

For Hostile, it would be like getting 1000 points of value.
  11. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,698 Messages
    5,857 Likes Received
    I know the "trade chart" is outdated, blah, blah, but for reference the trade values are:

#14 - 1100

Bears - 1087.8

Bengals - 1320

Browns - 1104.4

I would take the Bengals trade and try to trade down again.

If I had to stay at #17, then I'd take Gilmore.
  12. fanfromvirginia

fanfromvirginia Inconceivable!

4,014 Messages
    164 Likes Received
    The Bengals in a heartbeat. I'm becoming increasingly convinced we are going to be able to trade down and still get one of our primary targets.
  13. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,581 Messages
    2,963 Likes Received
    Trade with Cincy! That's a great deal.
  14. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,667 Messages
    1,486 Likes Received
    SDogo theoretical question. Lets say Dallas goes with the Cincy deal and a few guys they like are there at 17. One of the guys is Blackman who they didnt expect but have high on their board, not a critical need. Do they take him? Would you?
  15. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

8,054 Messages
    952 Likes Received
    Agree with everyone else. Trade down w/ Bengals. Take Glenn or Gilmore.
  16. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,247 Messages
    1,407 Likes Received
    Give me two of the following: DeCastro, Glenn, Konz, Zeitler, Silatolu, or Blake....and I don't care who they latch onto in the remainder. It'll all be good.
  17. DallasInDC

DallasInDC Well-Known Member

2,048 Messages
    213 Likes Received
    SDogo....What was the final outcome? did you trade with Begals?
  18. Bizwah

Bizwah Well-Known Member

5,987 Messages
    216 Likes Received
    I'd be tempted to take Blackmon.

Sorry, but when a player of his caliber falls into your lap, you almost have to take him.

Sure, we NEED help at CB, S, OL, DE.....but it's hard to pass on a guy that talented.
  19. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

5,175 Messages
    337 Likes Received
    Bengals trade. Assuming DeCastro goes 14th to Cincy, and Brockers goes 15th to Philly, I'd likely take Cordy Glenn at 17 if Seattle passes on him.