1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Golden Tate - 4.36 Jordan Shipley - 4.57

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by AustnIsMySaviour, Feb 28, 2010.

1. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

20,171 Messages
    807 Likes Received
    Would love to have Ford.

4.28 and he nailed it on the route drills and had a decent career at Clemson...so a good all around resume.
  2. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,179 Messages
    1,449 Likes Received
    Speaking of white... Gerhart doesn't seem to have many fans but I'm one. I thought he was probably just another good college back who had no chance in the pros until I saw him play. He looked like a better athlete than I expected.

Not that he'd be a star, but I think he could be a good power back for a few carries a game and I bet he'd be good on special teams.
  3. Cover 2

Cover 2 Pessimists Unite!!!

3,117 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Exactly I'd rather take someone who runs a 4.57, but is fast on film than a 4.4 guy that isn't explosive on film. That's just me though. I've seen McCluster in person (unfortunately he destroyed my OK State Cowboys) and he plays like a 4.4 player during the game.

I also remember Hester being a 4.5 player at the Combine (going ny memory anyway).
  4. AustnIsMySaviour

AustnIsMySaviour Benched

366 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    more like a 4.3, watch his highlight tape against Tennessee, or even that 81 yard run against ok state.
  5. DFWJC

20,171 Messages
    807 Likes Received
    4.45 in the 2006 NFL combine, but I think he was/is a burner in real ife.
  6. Cover 2

3,117 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Yeah. I didn't really know anything about him until the Cotton Bowl. It was my first game at our new stadium and McCluster ran all over us for over 200 yards. Snead did everything he could to lose the game, but McCluster pretty much single-handedly won that game for the Rebels. That and Zac Robinson was terrible (either that or Ole Miss's defense came to play).

I guess I remember wrong then. I thought I remembered everyone being shocked at his horrible 40 time.
  7. DFWJC

20,171 Messages
    807 Likes Received
    4.5 and 4.45 are not hugely different, but one sure sounds better. Anyway, we all know the guy a serious afterburners.
  8. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Actually it's huge. Over 40 yards it's the WR getting 3 yards separation on a CB.
  9. DFWJC

20,171 Messages
    807 Likes Received
    I was being polite.
  10. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received

Had to go back and read it it context:D
  11. casmith07

casmith07 #TeamJerry

25,495 Messages
    1,033 Likes Received
    Schooled.
  12. Silverstar

Silverstar Active Member

3,945 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    Pleeeeze!

Get outta here with that BS!

I hate the gauntlet (and so do coaches) and Cover 2 likes it...end of story.
  13. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton it was the grave marked unknown right beside

6,475 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't understand why folks don't get this. I'd much rather draft a kid like Brandon Banks for PR/KR. We don't need a progress stopper for Ogletree.
  14. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

31,273 Messages
    1,233 Likes Received
    [youtube]8wAPfaGDYrM&feature=PlayList&p=10ACEAD37190B8F9&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=45[/youtube]
  15. RainMan

RainMan Makin' It Rain

3,125 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No kidding.

I think there was a post around Page 5 where someone specifically stated they didn't want to see a white receiver drafted.

To carry that friendly, prosperous thought over to another position, is it time we stop drafting black OL? Like slow, un-athleic, golly-gee-whilickers white receivers, black OL all seem lazy and dumb. [/sarcasm]

This crap has got to stop. The racial stereotyping of blacks is a hideous, ridiculous and sad thing. It's no different with other races.
  16. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

73,858 Messages
    976 Likes Received
    I would still love to have Shipley, He makes the big plays when his team needs them the most. The guy has been clutch in big situations
  17. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

26,870 Messages
    1,134 Likes Received
    The thing about Gerhart is he just seems like he is so tight and muscled up that he will be a perenial injury waiting to happen.

Also i've seen him wear a brace when they play. Has he had knee problems?

I just have a feeling Gerhart will be the type of player that if you need 1 yard he will get you 3 and if you need 5 yards he will get you 3.
  18. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

26,870 Messages
    1,134 Likes Received
    Shipleys going to be a heck of a complimentary player if he goes to the right team. Dallas being one of those teams.
  19. Cover 2

3,117 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    When did I say I liked the gauntlet? Someone asked what it was for and I answered. I even said game film was the best way to check out someone's hands. I do think the gauntlet shows whether someone is a hands catcher or body catcher though.
  20. Cover 2

3,117 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I could have swore he ran in the 4.5's at the Combine then in the 4.3's at his Pro Day.