1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Golfer impaled on broken putter during fight at golf course

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Doomsday101, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

80,599 Messages
    5,006 Likes Received
    A North Texas golfer had a close call when he was impaled with the sharp end of a broken putter during a fight on a golf course, authorities said.

The Tarrant County Sheriff's Department said two groups of golfers at Resort on Eagle Mountain Lake, in Fort Worth, were involved in an altercation near the 13th hole on Jan 27.

Spokesman Terry Grisham said a group of four men were playing in front of a group of three. When the smaller group asked if they could play through, a fight started between at least two of the men.

"All seven men were at least witnesses, if not participants, and during the altercation a golf club was broken and the shaft end of the golf club became impaled into the groin area of one of the men," Grisham said.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/...at-golf-course/?test=latestnews#ixzz1ljmjmjrM
  2. kimrose

kimrose Well-Known Member

1,086 Messages
    514 Likes Received
    Ouch!:eek:
  3. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,822 Messages
    479 Likes Received
    who won the fight?
  4. Doomsday101

80,599 Messages
    5,006 Likes Received
    The guy without the putter shaft in his groin. :laugh2:
  5. Wimbo

Wimbo Active Member

4,133 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Just don't be Romo...
  6. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

33,525 Messages
    9,459 Likes Received
    Became impaled?
  7. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That really got out of hand fast
  8. Bigdog

Bigdog Well-Known Member

1,746 Messages
    92 Likes Received
    This is a true story. One of my friend's brother slammed his golf club on the bench after his shot went into the woods. The shaft broke and flipped up; hitting him right in the heart. He was killed instantly.
  9. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Here's hoping the jagoff who stabbed him does a stretch in prison... seriously, you're gonna try to kill somebody because he asked to play through?? All that fool had to do was step aside for 2 or 3 minutes, then resume his game...
  10. SaltwaterServr

SaltwaterServr Blank Paper Offends Me

8,124 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Who knew golfers were almost as bad as Egyptian soccer fans?
  11. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Hey, I've seen guys who hurt themselves by throwing their clubs... when I was a younger assistant pro, I was known for my temper, and for putting the silver bird aloft (that's golf slang for throwing your club)...

Then one day it suddenly dawned on me that I was a better than average scrambler, and if I just kept my temper, I could often turn that disastrous shot into a par (sometimes, even a birdie)...

Well, I'd rather post good numbers than indulge my anger... that's not to say I don't still get mad, I just control it long enough to make the next shot...
  12. gmoney112

gmoney112 Well-Known Member

3,485 Messages
    867 Likes Received
  13. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I did...

True story time... some decades back, I was playing a round with some good friends on a really busy day... things were backed up, big time, so there was a lot of time waiting between shots... that was OK with me, my crew was some good guys...

But the foursome behind us had this one jagoff set on causing a problem... he kept hitting into us, and guys, that's just dangerous... so about the third time he did it, I pulled the ol' 1-iron out of the bag, stepped up where his ball came to rest, and sent it whistling back the way it came...

I hit the ball a lot further than he did, even though he'd used his driver off the tee, so he had to go back 50-60 yards to retrieve his ball...

This pissed the jagoff off, he came storming up to me, arms flailing... I pointed my 1-iron at him and assured him that I'd have no problem inserting it somewhere I was pretty sure he wouldn't like it...

End of problem... :D
  14. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,551 Messages
    389 Likes Received
    Without pictures, it didn't happen. :laugh2:
  15. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

12,855 Messages
    2,053 Likes Received
    Even worse was they were told that they can play thru by the course ranger. So, the golf course told the group ahead of them to let them thru and their recourse was to stab somebody in the group.

It should really be the other way around, slow players should get impaled with a broken golf shaft.

YR
  16. Doomsday101

80,599 Messages
    5,006 Likes Received
    That is what I would do. Lucky for me my group plays pretty quickly 3.5 hours for a round of golf. However if we get a groupl who is playing faster we let them pass on the next par 3 or at the turn.
  17. Doomsday101

80,599 Messages
    5,006 Likes Received
    When I see a guy throw the club I remind him it is not the club that hit the bad shot it is the person holding the club. :laugh2:

When I was kid I threw clubs as I got older I figured out if you don't want to hit the bad shots then work on your game and improve it. Now days I play in the low 70's best outing was a 2 under 69
  18. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

22,786 Messages
    1,920 Likes Received
    If he was stabbed by someone I would agree. They are still sorting that out:

"But investigators said there is still some question as to whether the man was stabbed by someone else or whether he just fell on the club, as a caller initially told the 911 dispatcher."
  19. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

3,163 Messages
    1,362 Likes Received
    :laugh1:
  20. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,514 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    It appears Sam I Am wants to see the man's impaled GROIN.

Sad one of you couldn't help them out. :laugh1: