News: Good article defending Romo

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Picksix, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

5,042 Messages
    942 Likes Received
  2. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

10,423 Messages
    1,799 Likes Received
    it is about frickin time Romo starts getting some credit..I know he hasnt wont anything meaningful yet..but holy cow, all the blame this guy takes is asinine
  3. The Emperor

The Emperor Marcus Aurelius Maximus

3,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm a Romosexual, and I think Romo doesn't need anymore defending. If folks still want to rag on him after his past two performances, then they're moron-idiots who should be derided and scorned; never treated with the dignity of a rejoinder.
  4. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

10,009 Messages
    870 Likes Received
    Romo has broken my heart way too many times.
  5. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,815 Messages
    449 Likes Received
    Fair enough at some level.

However, since he has such few defenders I occasionally feel the need to argue with his detractors.

It isn't even just the media or fans of other teams, there are die-hard Cowboys fans who post here who are regularly critical of Romo.

I happen to feel he is one of the five best QBs in the game. I would only take Aaron Rodgers over him amongst currently playing established quarterbacks. I could also be interested in a guy who is much younger with an established record of success like Matt Ryan or Sam Bradford if I were rebuilding a young team. However, as a fan of football I don't think there is a more entertaining quarterback out there and I am so happy to watch any game he plays in.

If Jerry and Jason Garrett build a quality team around him, he will take us to the Super Bowl. If he doesn't it is because those around him have failed. It is a shame his career has to be wasted with fodder like Wade as his coach and Jerry Jones as his GM.
  6. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

37,297 Messages
    14,256 Likes Received
    I bet you, most of those times, I was just happy he got the team into a position to win the game at all. I can count on one hand the number of games I consider him blowing since he became a starter.
  7. Sportsbabe

Sportsbabe Well-Known Member

8,297 Messages
    3,138 Likes Received
    My favorite part of the article. Funny with a touch of truth.
  8. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Romo is definitely a top 10 QB in the NFL... The guy can ball, once the offense gets healthy he'll put up some big time numbers.
  9. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

7,058 Messages
    1,007 Likes Received
    IF Romo can ever get that Superbowl, hes got one heck of a story.
  10. BBQ101

BBQ101 Active Member

561 Messages
    72 Likes Received
    How many times did Quincy break your heart? Hutch? How bout Bledsoe?

I don't get you people at all.

11. dooomsday

dooomsday Member

886 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Its pretty easy stuff. When youre hyped before you accomplish anything and then fail like he did in 2007, 2008 and 2009 and of course last season there is a sense of disappointment.

People like to say "they questioned Elway too". Elway was playing in SBs with average teams in like 3 years. And most of these QBs he gets compared to started their careers with teams filled with slop. Romo? HoFers.

Romo has had a top D and a record breaking O and I dont think you can have a smaller body of post season success. If he's our best player he is also the most responsible for our teams success.

Regarding the BIG games the article mentions, is that a joke? We all know what a big game is. You only play these dumb games when excuses need to be made. Opening game against the Jets was a big as it gets. A great team on opening day. 2 games didnt erase that ending for me yet.

This is all nice stuff. he's very good and very fun. I could care less about anything but SBs. We cannot rely on broken plays when it counts most.
  12. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

19,436 Messages
    2,659 Likes Received
    I'd love to see the conviction of this type of complaint, if I had you but one day as a crew member upon my tank. We'd start out with breaking and laying out one side of track. Fifty-two track block, and replacing about 2/3rds of that length with new track. That's 50 plus pounds per block, and four block sections. That's 200 pounds a section. But to break them apart, you would have to hold a case hardened chisel while another crew member swung a ten pound sledge to break the wedge bolt out. Once reassembled as a complete and flat track, you then have to drive the tank back up upon it. Connect a rope and feed it through the support rollers until it engages the final drive and you slowly bring it back onto the tank, stopping so that connecting arms can be racheted to bring the track together between that front first and second road wheels. After bringing the connection together, and installing the final wedge bolts, you have to then bring full tension into that track using a grease gun and the front grease fitting.

After you get your track together, you pull up onto a slight incline to stop and get your Op Order, when a torsion bar blows. You then have to take the forged steel bar and sledge for some serious pounding to remove the broken torsion bar. That may shake loose with an hour to five of pounding with that sledge.

Now step back from all of that, and act as if you were watching it all...but didn't have ANY confidence in what was going on. Before you were about to move out on your actual mission. :cool:
  13. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

84,316 Messages
    7,233 Likes Received
    Thing is, should this team get a ring with Romo running the show at QB his numbers are already better than many top QB's out there. Right now people blow Romo numbers off and state he has no ring but looking around where is Rivers ring why is he not being held to that standard?