1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Good Eats near Stadium?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by pupulehaole, Oct 23, 2012.

1. pupulehaole

pupulehaole Well-Known Member

1,405 Messages
    98 Likes Received
    My girlfriend and I shall be traveling to Dallas this week for the Cowboys Vs Giants game and I'm looking for some inside info on good Mexican and BBQ joints out there in Arlington. Being from Hawaii I don't really get either so you guys got some favorite joints you stop at before you go to a game?
  2. Lonestar94

Lonestar94 Well-Known Member

3,046 Messages
    380 Likes Received
    Mariano's is a really good mexican restaurant and is relatively close to the stadium.
  3. the_h0wey

the_h0wey Well-Known Member

1,023 Messages
    93 Likes Received
    There is a Shell Gas station right across the street from the Stadium that serves great Breakfast Taquitos. Don't park there though because they will tow you.
  4. DallasCowpoke

DallasCowpoke Fierce Allegiance

5,334 Messages
    138 Likes Received
    I suggest driving the few miles N on 380 to North Main BBQ in Euless.

30 year institution, only open Fri, Sat and Sun. They do an all-you-can-eat buffet that's well worth the price. Plus, if you want something more than iced tea, it's BYOB. Load up a cooler, plop-down your $, and stay awhile!

Komo mai e ai. You can thank me later! ;)
  5. Nomad

Nomad Active Member

421 Messages
    51 Likes Received
    If you mean all over Arlington or DFW, there are a lot of choices. My favorite Mexican restaurants are in the North Side Stockyards area of Fort Worth and it's great for tourism because it's still Western/Historic. Try Los Vaqueros or Joe T Garcia's in the area, or for BBQ try Riscky's BBQ in the stockyards or there's one downtown Fort Worth. Railhead BBQ is great too.

If you mean really close to the stadium there's a Colters BBQ that I eat at every time before a game, but that's just to avoid the stadium food.
  6. pupulehaole

1,405 Messages
    98 Likes Received
    Nice! Yah I won't have a rent a car so we will just be taking cabs but I'm in Texas to watch the Cowboys play and eat so I don't mind a bit of a cab fare for a good bite. Keep em coming.
  7. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    All barbecue places are the same, so it doesn't matter where you go.
  8. pupulehaole

1,405 Messages
    98 Likes Received
    Interesting? Care to elaborate?
  9. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    All barbecue places serve the exact same items, with little difference in taste. That's my opinion. Of course, somebody is going to be butthurt by that statement, but there's seriously no difference between Dickey's, Colters, Randy White's, Hole-in-the-wall, etc.
  10. Lonestar94

Lonestar94 Well-Known Member

3,046 Messages
    380 Likes Received
    The only difference is the sauce!
  11. windward

windward NFL Historian

14,681 Messages
    139 Likes Received
    Lol we got a Hawaii invasion going on this weekend. I'm going to the game with my cousin and his gf as well.
  12. pupulehaole

1,405 Messages
    98 Likes Received
    That's what's up! What's the best Burger joint in Texas ppl?
  13. Meat-O-Rama

Meat-O-Rama Vegetarians are so stupid.

2,221 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    My butt doesn't hurt or anything, but that's like saying all burger places are the same. They all serve cooked beef on bread, right?
  14. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,492 Messages
    3,318 Likes Received
    In Texas? You know it's a big state, right? lol

IIRC, there was a burger place in Arlington that was featured on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives. You should look it up.

They looked pretty good too.. if I ate beef.

Edit: Here's the link to find Triple D locations. http://www.flavortownusa.com/

Chop House Burgers might be it - http://www.chophouseburgers.com/
  15. CowboyFan74

CowboyFan74 RAWR

11,952 Messages
    224 Likes Received
    I've been to many bbq joints in DFW and I like this local chain the best:

http://www.springcreekbarbeque.com/arlington.htm

Haven't been to the one in Arlington though but I have been to the one in Bedford many times...

As far as Mexican food look for a run down looking shack or a taco truck, those are usually the best...
  16. rynochop

rynochop Well-Known Member

2,269 Messages
    160 Likes Received
    Yeah..I'm sure there's a lot of former owners of closed down bbq joints that don't agree.

Steak houses? Chinese food? It's all just fried rice and sweet and sour chicken right? Kind of a ridiculous thing to say.
  17. pupulehaole

1,405 Messages
    98 Likes Received
    THANKS looks pretty good. So does Mariano's. Thx for the suggestions ppl.
  18. SaltwaterServr

SaltwaterServr Blank Paper Offends Me

8,124 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If you like Spring Creek, try Shady Oaks BBQ. It's Spring Creek's full service version with a larger menu. Pretty good stuff all the way around except for their cinnamon apples that are strangely bland.
  19. Phrozen Phil

Phrozen Phil Active Member

3,860 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    I gained 4 pounds just reading this thread!:eek:
  20. DallasCowpoke

DallasCowpoke Fierce Allegiance

5,334 Messages
    138 Likes Received
    I firmly believe opinions on things like food, music, movies, beauty etc are subjective but using this logic, you'd have to say the same thing about Italian, Spanish, Asian or every other establishment that focuses on 1 type/style of food.