1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Good news and bad news

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Sam I Am, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,316 Messages
    219 Likes Received
  2. Anjinsan

Anjinsan Benched

727 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  3. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    I thought this was going to be the: The only thing we have for dinner is horse crap but there's plenty of it.
  4. Sam I Am

31,316 Messages
    219 Likes Received
    That too!
  5. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,815 Messages
    703 Likes Received
    Almost 4 weeks later and the engineers and scientists are still guessing as to what is going on inside those buildings. They have no idea.

They plugged one leak but don't know if there are more.

The workers there expect to die within weeks, months, or by the end of the year from the radiation.

The only thing they can do is pump water to try to keep the reactors and spent fuel cool and the radioactive water is just pooling all around and they have nowhere to put the radioactive water. So, the "good news" is they stopped the leak, the "bad" news is that they have no place to put the radioactive pooled water other than dumping it in the ocean where it was leaking in the first place.

What's their gameplan: just pump water to try to keep it cool? For how long: months, years?

It was a colossal mistake to have nuclear power plants in an earthquake zone like Japan.
  6. Sam I Am

31,316 Messages
    219 Likes Received
    I noted this from the beginning. I disagree with putting anything like this in places that offer extreme conditions. Especially dual threats. Even worse when one of those dual threats can trigger the other. (earthquake triggering a tsunami) If anything, they should have put it further in land where tsunami effects weren't possible.