1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Good news from mosley?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Sonny Koufax, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

15,478 Messages
    2,897 Likes Received

Yea, I am sure anything Garrett tells him 3 days before the draft is totally bogus. No way Garrett is going to tell him anything legit.
  2. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,084 Messages
    3,061 Likes Received
    I caught all kinds of grief last year for sticking with Smith after Mosley's info. I was amused how the same posters said nothing when we took Smith.
  3. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    You seem to hold a lot of resentment.
  4. lkelly

lkelly Well-Known Member

1,998 Messages
    101 Likes Received
    Was that posted somewhere? I went back through his blog and some other searches and the best I could see is he picked Smith in a mock. He had us taking Christian Ballard in the 2nd and Curtis Brown in the 3rd.
  5. Wulfman

Wulfman Unofficial GM

1,300 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    Yup...couldn't believe Nick nailed the first three rounds. I was beginning to suspect him of having a spycam in the war room. :D
  6. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,084 Messages
    3,061 Likes Received
    Amusement actually.
  7. Wulfman

Wulfman Unofficial GM

1,300 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    Oh, I agree, Hoof. That's my whole point...anything that comes out about who teams are interested in are worth as much ink as it takes to print them...on a screen.
  8. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    No issues here with what u said
  9. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,045 Messages
    1,165 Likes Received
    Mosley was wrong last year, but in prior years he's been spot on, so.....
  10. StarMan

StarMan Well-Known Member

1,027 Messages
    88 Likes Received
    Picking DeCastro seems like such a no-brainer to me if he's there. As close as it gets to a can't miss prospect at a position of need. The other guys we would be looking at #14 all have some kind of flaw. If he's gone at 14 so be it. But if we pass on him let the rueage begin.
  11. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

7,039 Messages
    647 Likes Received
    Hopefully he's right this time.

DeCastro would upgrade our interior play tremendously.

Just hope that we don't get cute and pass on him because we don't want to take a guard high.
  12. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,841 Messages
    1,687 Likes Received
    last week some of those so called 'respected' mediots were saying that the Colts might be looking at RG3. And of course that was total complete CRAP.

So anything any mediot says up until the draft is worth less than a fart in a hurricane.
  13. Hoofbite

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    That was just Wilbon wasn't it?

He's a turd anyway who will say something for the sake of having someone hear him.

I don't think half the stuff he says he actually believes. He's far too conditioned into his PTI role where half the time he has to argue against Cornholer most of the time just to make the show interesting.
  14. Hoofbite

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    I'd lose some faith in the front office if they pulled that line out.

Considering the bust rate of 1st rounders, any time you can get what is viewed as a "sure thing", you should probably throw out the argument that inertia is more of a deciding factor for you than doing what is in the best interest of your team.
  15. Fla Cowpoke

Fla Cowpoke Well-Known Member

2,697 Messages
    598 Likes Received
    Since he left Dallas, I don't think Mosley has nearly the same insight into the Cowboys that he once did.
  16. Avery

Avery The Dog that Saved Charleston

8,112 Messages
    607 Likes Received
    I'll reiterate, Decastro is the safest pick in this entire draft (even more than his Stanford teammate looking for real estate in Indy). If you can get a Pro Bowler at #14, you take that every single time.

And yes, yes, I know, there are no guaranteed picks, but Decastro really has no significant weaknesses in his game. I think he's just as good as Iupati a few years back; a bit more technically sound, but smaller. He's a plug and play athlete.
  17. newnationcb

newnationcb Well-Known Member

2,642 Messages
    340 Likes Received

I'm buying into what some other people have said in that if we get him we likely will move him to Center.

Considering he, Livings and Bernadeau might very well be our 3 best interior linemen.
  18. da_boyz_mk

da_boyz_mk How 'Bout Dem Cowboys

2,125 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I agree 100%. IMO DeCastro would be a 16 game starter at guard or center day one. I think Barron would be the only other target who could start day one. Brocker or Cox would be rotational guys for much of their first season. I'm looking for immediate impact at #14.
  19. Bluefin

Bluefin Well-Known Member

3,227 Messages
    291 Likes Received
    Matt Mosley

I'll be ecstatic if it plays out like this.
  20. da_boyz_mk

da_boyz_mk How 'Bout Dem Cowboys

2,125 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    There's no one in the last 10 years I've wanted the cowboys to pick more than DeCastro. Put him next to Smith and I'm telling you they'll be in the ring of honor together in about 20 years or so.