1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Good news from mosley?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Sonny Koufax, Apr 22, 2012.

1. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Active Member

4,541 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    If we did get DeCastro I'd hope we leave him at Guard his natural position for a year or two. Let him get comfortable in the NFL first before asking him to change positions. Plus, if I remember correctly Bernadeau is a big boy. Plug him in at Center.
  2. AmishCowboy

AmishCowboy if you ain't first, you're last

4,330 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    There is still a couple of FA C's out there. Jeff Faine, Jameal Jackson, Jason Brown we could sign to leave DeCastro at guard.
  3. junk

junk I've got moxie

9,241 Messages
    153 Likes Received
    I don't know if I think he's the next John Hannah.

I think we both just replied to your concern about starting a first time NFL LT in Smith next to a rookie in DeCastro.
  4. CoCo

CoCo Well-Known Member

5,513 Messages
    74 Likes Received
    QFT!!! :laugh2:
  5. CoCo

CoCo Well-Known Member

5,513 Messages
    74 Likes Received
    I don't know why anyone would dismiss the thoughts of all national writers. I think it's quite likely that Mosely (or whoever) could have connections just as solid as anyone at VR.

I'll take anyone's credible thoughts on what they think or what they even hear. I'm interested. But I don't buy any of it hook, line & sinker for reasons stated earlier - no one knows for sure what's going to happen until things go live and start playing out pick by pick. Shoot I'll bet there are even cases where GMs wake up on Thursday and deviate from their Wednesday board.
  6. CoCo

CoCo Well-Known Member

5,513 Messages
    74 Likes Received
    I'll agree with you on your first point (why listen regarding what someone says?).

But I suspect teams are very intentional about being careful to avoid tipping their hand through players visits, interviews, etc.

I also believe that teams practice misinformation or at the very purpose to blur their real intentions amidst a pool of faux interest.

The stakes are too high not to.
  7. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Wouldn't surprise me at all if there was a tug of war in the front office with Jerry acting as the final draft day decision maker, with Team Watt winning at the time of his report
  8. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

40,917 Messages
    1,192 Likes Received
    I would say that from the Combine to the draft you take anything any team official says with a very large grain of salt.