1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Good news regarding division tiebreakers

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Nav22, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Nav22

Nav22 Well-Known Member

5,453 Messages
    1,092 Likes Received
    If we win at least 3 of our last 4 AND if one of those wins is Week 17 at Washington, we will own tiebreakers vs both the Redskins and Giants.

In this scenario, whether it's a 2-way tie or a 3-way tie at 9-7, we'd win the division.

Just need to take care of our business and hope the Giants slip up a bit.
  2. SaltwaterServr

SaltwaterServr Blank Paper Offends Me

8,124 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    With Sean Locklear out of the line up, that may just start to happen. Eli is like his brother, get people around his feet and he'll start to hear phantom footsteps.
  3. Jarv

Jarv Loud pipes saves lives. Zone Supporter

7,105 Messages
    132 Likes Received
    Not a wonder, looked like Locklear was getting away with a ton of holding calls last night.
  4. Nav22

Nav22 Well-Known Member

5,453 Messages
    1,092 Likes Received
    :laugh2:

Simple solution: don't watch the games if you can't handle the unpredictability of the NFL.

"But it's not unpredictable, we'll lose for sure!!"

Then bet your house on a Cowboys loss and laugh your way to the bank.
  5. slaga

slaga Member

214 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Nevermind.
  6. fanfromvirginia

fanfromvirginia Inconceivable!

4,014 Messages
    164 Likes Received
    Because NYG would lose to both teams on divisional records and we would then beat Washington on common opponents, right? They were 1-1 against non-common opponents and we were 0-2 (Seattle and Chicago).
  7. Nav22

Nav22 Well-Known Member

5,453 Messages
    1,092 Likes Received
    Pretty much. The Giants can't finish better than 3-3 in the division and if we beat Washington we'll finish 4-2 in the division.

The Redskins are 3-1 in the division so if we beat them, at best they'd tie us at 4-2. But then we'd get them on common opponents, which is the next tiebreaker. We have 8 common opponents in regards to the Redskins... we're 3-2 so far, they're 2-4 so far.
  8. erod

erod Well-Known Member

5,167 Messages
    2,339 Likes Received
    Problem is, I feel 0-4 in my bones. Hope I'm wrong, but I don't see this ending well. Tough schedule at a time when the defense is getting gashed and we can't protect Romo.