1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Goose's second mock. He slots Chung at 51

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by igtmfo, Apr 17, 2009.

1. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

7,706 Messages
    620 Likes Received
    ?? Not that it matter, but there are quite a few Asians in the NFL. Chung is Jamaican Chinese. Does that combo make him more rare?
  2. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,419 Messages
    2,998 Likes Received
    I wouldn't scream in disgust if they drafted Chung in Rd 2, I just view him as not being a good man-to-man cover safety-- And is that what is most beneficial for this defense? Chung's top speed was good (around 4.50), but his "turn & run" wasn't anything special.
  3. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think that Dallas would look at Williams first, but that's just a hunch. Thomas is an interesting prospect though, despite his size. I know that Dallas was very interested in Eddie Royal last year and Thomas is pretty comparable to Royal in terms of athleticism. Typically, I am pretty wary about guys who have fantastic work out numbers but have some other limitation (height in this case), but I would be fine with drafting Thomas.

As for Freeman, I just can't see us drafting a LB with our first pick unless it's someone who can rush the passer. Freeman has some really impressive workout figures, but some reports say that he doesn't play up to them.

He's not someone who I would be thrilled about picking up, especially with our first pick.

Really, with all of the picks that we have, I think that we're most likely to trade up for Delmas or Robiskie. Dallas has missed out on the WR they wanted by just a few picks for a couple of years now. Sweed, Jennings and Bowe (I think?) were all players who we would have drafted if they had fallen to us. If Robiskie gets within 10 picks of us then I wouldn't be shocked if we traded up for him.