1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Gosselin describes the big breakup

Discussion in 'Jerry/Garrett/Rant Zone' started by erod, Mar 16, 2014.

1. erod

erod Well-Known Member

5,173 Messages
    2,346 Likes Received
    ConstantReboot and daveferr33 like this.
  2. Primetime42

Primetime42 Well-Known Member

2,945 Messages
    246 Likes Received
    Same story we've heard thousands of times since it happened.

It's amazing how easy it is for Gosselin to get hits.
  3. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

25,249 Messages
    5,503 Likes Received
    In before the "dead horse" commentary.
    jobberone and Air Force One like this.
  4. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,745 Messages
    10,041 Likes Received
    It's why any Cowboys fan who doesn't consider Jerry Jones as public enemy #1 to the Dallas Cowboys has their head in the sand.

The man is sick and he's destroyed this franchise in his sickness.
    Seven, cml750, Wood and 13 others like this.
  5. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,581 Messages
    2,963 Likes Received
    Slow news day.
    Vanilla2 likes this.
  6. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,972 Messages
    1,534 Likes Received
    yes, we have all heard the story 100 times, but it sucks that a tyrant can be born just because they have more money than anyone else....really sucks for the Dallas Cowboys....if only this guy realized that he could have gone down as one of the greatest owners of all time had he let well enough alone...he could have won a few more times in the 90's and been way more competitive after that...but, alas, his eccentricity and narcissism is off the charts...why, oh why can't you let football guys run this team???
  7. OhSnap

OhSnap Well-Known Member

1,591 Messages
    721 Likes Received
    And any fan that thinks Jimmy didnt do his fair share to wreck the ship has his head somewhere else.
  8. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,745 Messages
    10,041 Likes Received
    In the newsfeed zone there's an article stating Jerry Jones' daughter stands on her own.

Ya know, working for her dad.

She's a real self-made woman.

That family is full of frauds.
    Dhragon, Floaty and TwoDeep3 like this.
  9. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,972 Messages
    1,534 Likes Received
    true, but the difference is that Jimmy did about 90+% of the work and DESERVES the credit
    cml750, TwoDeep3 and daveferr33 like this.
  10. OhSnap

OhSnap Well-Known Member

1,591 Messages
    721 Likes Received
    It's funny how he could write an article saying how he knew the ranch wasn't gonna be big enough for BOTH of those egos and go on to blame it one ONE person but if he thought you wanted to hear about what a prick Jimmy was I imagine that's what the article would be about.
    Nav22 likes this.
  11. daveferr33

daveferr33 Well-Known Member

435 Messages
    563 Likes Received
    Why does that matter?

For those of us in the business world, we understand the concept of a "rainmaker." If the rainmaker is making it rain, you do everything in your power to keep that person in your organization.

Jimmy was the rainmaker. Jerry should have done everything in his power to keep Jimmy on board. Instead, he did the opposite.
    cml750, erod and TwoDeep3 like this.
  12. OhSnap

OhSnap Well-Known Member

1,591 Messages
    721 Likes Received
    The credit thing is over played. Jerry made it known from the start he hired Jimmy for his knowledge and ability and he said it many times since. He told everyone from the beginning he wouldn't have bought the team without being able to hire JJ. I don't know how he could compliment the man any more than that. Thats allot of money on the line and he stuck Jimmy right up front from the beginning. I don't see how he could've given him any more credit than that if you wanted to divide up the credit.
    cheftjpeck likes this.
  13. OhSnap

OhSnap Well-Known Member

1,591 Messages
    721 Likes Received
    Suggesting Jerry is in the wrong because he wouldn't give Jimmy Johnson his team and go away is not realistic and that's the only thing that would have kept Jimmy around and that probably wouldn't have been enough.
    cheftjpeck likes this.
  14. Alexander

25,249 Messages
    5,503 Likes Received
    So in the business world, people never run off employees who refuse to let the boss take the credit?

I do not agree with anything Jones did regarding Jimmy Johnson, let's be clear. But as deranged and insecure his response was, I am sure it made sense to Jones.

The moral to the story is that yes, there are irrational insecure bosses that do not appreciate anyone stealing their thunder or do anything that appears to be disloyal. There are also employees who do the heavy lifting that will do what they can to get out.
    Seven likes this.
  15. Ultra Warrior

Ultra Warrior 6 Million Light-years beyond believability.

1,589 Messages
    323 Likes Received
    Jerry paid 100% of the bill, so he deserves nothing?
  16. yentl911

yentl911 Well-Known Member

1,676 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    Well, it doesn't look like the Jones family is going anywhere any time soon. Maybe if you have such a hard on for the family you could cheer for a different franchise with a better owner? Just saying....

I am not a huge Jones fan but I do think that no one wants to win more than he does and believe it or not I think he does the best he can to do just that. He has made some boneheaded moves and is a little full of himself but it is what it is. I love this team and I am happy we have an owner that is as committed to this team as he is - do I wish we had a real GM? Yes. Can we improve on our money and player management? Yes. He will spend the money and put the best team he possibly can on the field. The results may not always be the best but the guy tries. Oh well.
    Nav22 and Mansta54 like this.
  17. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,704 Messages
    218 Likes Received
    You're such a broken record. Smh!!
    cheftjpeck and yentl911 like this.
  18. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,649 Messages
    5,559 Likes Received
    Really didn't learn anything new from the article. Interesting to note that there is no mention of Johnson making the decision to leave weeks earlier.
    skinsscalper and cheftjpeck like this.
  19. Alexander

25,249 Messages
    5,503 Likes Received
    He got back to back Super Bowls and his franchise restored to the top of the NFL food chain.

It is amazing what can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit.
    Wolfpack and khiladi like this.
  20. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,079 Messages
    806 Likes Received
    Jimmy Johnson never had any plans to stay after 4 years ....... he never stayed anywhere longer than that.