1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Gosselin: For team builders, cap is continuing challenge

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by LaTunaNostra, Jul 17, 2004.

1. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,583 Messages
    527 Likes Received

Hmmm... that's kind of tricky. He's definitely, at least, the 3rd best passer in Cowboys history. Hell, he was a better "Passer" then Staubach. But a "Passer" and a "QB" aren't necessarily the same thing. I liked White and thought he was a great QB, but Meredith just had that special "Something". The guy had moxie (sp?) and an overload of guts. We are lucky as fans though to be able to debate whether an all time great QB like Meredith is the 2nd or 3rd best QB in cowboys history. Meredith, Morton, Staubach, White, and Aikman... we've certainly had some great ones. In a way it's bad though cuz now we expect that same greatness from every QB we get. It's the same with our RBs too, although Hambrick may have been so bad that he helped us be a little more leniant (sp?) on our RBs now. :D

Still, Julius Jones is gonna get criticized this year regardless of what he does. That's just a part of playing for America's Team. But you know what? If you can't handle the heat, get the hell out of Dallas is what I say. :D
  2. Nors

Nors Benched

22,015 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That pass to Drew was close but did not get it done. Quincy will be judged as Danny is - On SB wins......

Fact is Danny stat wise was as good as Roger and Troy. I liked Danny as our QB.
  3. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,611 Messages
    3,142 Likes Received
    And that's why I'm hard on Quincy. I've had the pleasure to watch some of the greatest quarterbacks of all-time pilot the Cowboy ship and I won't settle for guy with a bottom-half-of-the-league passer rating. No sir, I won't do it! Quincy had better shape up quickly.
  4. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,583 Messages
    527 Likes Received

I agree with that, but at the same time you, as well as everyone else, has to realize that none of our greats had top of the line passer ratings right off the bat. It takes time for them to "get there" if they're gonna get there. Hopefully, for the cowboys organization and it's fans, he "gets there" this year. Cuz if he doesn't we'll have to wait another few years to find that QB.
  5. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,581 Messages
    5,498 Likes Received
    That is just the price you have to pay as a player coming to Dallas with it's rich tradition. Right or wrong - the standard is higher here. Being a rookie will buy him time. Following Hambone will buy him time. Cutting loose a 60 or 70 yard TD run will only just match expectations not surpass them.
  6. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,581 Messages
    5,498 Likes Received
    I remember that. I remember how much I was cussing at White because he hadn't brought us back to win a game we should have won.
  7. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,583 Messages
    527 Likes Received

Ok so your one of those "we didn't win? Blame the QB" type of guys. I got it now.