1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Got a question about the Cowboys Stadium tour

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Cajuncowboy, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    When you do the tour through Ticketmaster and take the VIP tour, do they let you on the field to throw a football around and kick FGs and stuff? I know they did at Texas Stadium but I don't know if Jerry will let us get the new rug dirty.
  2. IAmLegend

IAmLegend Well-Known Member

2,899 Messages
    627 Likes Received
    They let you on the field but you can't kick FG's, at least not to my knowledge. I didn't see anyone throwing a football but I'm sure if you brought one they'd let you throw it around a little bit. The tour is cool though, you get to go to the locker room and the media room where they conduct post game interviews and what not. Fun experience.
  3. DallasCowpoke

DallasCowpoke Fierce Allegiance

5,339 Messages
    141 Likes Received
    DallasCowboys.com

IMPORTANT DATES FOR STADIUM TOURS
    • Nov. 21: *RALLY DAY from 8:00AM-2:00PM* Will take place on the East Platform. No Field Access and DCC Locker Room. VIP Guided Tours Only. Self-Guided tour tickets are not available! For Rally Day tickets, please contact Group Sales at 817-892-8688 or email at groupsales@dallascowboys.net.
    • Nov. 22: NO TOURS.
    • Nov. 23: No Field Access. VIP Guided Tours Only. Self-Guided tour tickets are not available!
    • Nov. 24: NO TOURS.
    • Nov. 25: Normal Day.
  4. diehard2294

diehard2294 America's Team

4,332 Messages
    284 Likes Received
    I got the self guided tour,V.I.P. was sold out. I was told we would be allowed on the field to walk around and take pics
  5. percyhoward

percyhoward Research Tool

8,015 Messages
    1,588 Likes Received
    Yeah, you can go lie down on the rug, look up at the bottom of the replay screen, and get up with the little black rubber pellets stuck to your clothes. You can run all over the field, play football on it, whatever you want. I went over to one of the goalposts, peeled back the turf, and stuck my arm down in there and came up with a handfull of the black rubber stuff. Nobody seemed to mind.
  6. diehard2294

diehard2294 America's Team

4,332 Messages
    284 Likes Received
    I was told self guided tours we can go anytime
  7. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

4,813 Messages
    610 Likes Received
    So that's why we see players slipping all the time. ;)
  8. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I am going on a private tour on Monday. Apparantly if you buy too many tickets through NFL ticket exchange, the Cowboys call you and arrange a tour so they can sell you season tickets. True story.
  9. Irving Cowboy

Irving Cowboy The Chief

1,566 Messages
    46 Likes Received
    Yes, you can throw footballs, kick FG's, etc. They also have photographers out there that will take your picture on the star at the 50 and then charge I think $30 for you to download.
  10. Cajuncowboy

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think I will bring my own camera.
  11. Cajuncowboy

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Thanks for the info folks.

I have kicked a FG (from 35 yards out in a driving rain) at Texas Stadium so I want to keep my streak alive. :D
  12. ryanbabs

ryanbabs Member

733 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    Yes they let you kick field goals, play catch, etc. I've been twice with my brothers and took my son. They dont run you off the field either. You can play as long as you want until they "close" to my knowledge. It's a very neat experience and only $15.

Sometimes they have cheerleading practice, etc. and in this case you would not be allowed on the field, so you may want to call ahead and find out.
  13. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,383 Messages
    2,937 Likes Received
    :eek:
  14. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

6,750 Messages
    1,108 Likes Received
    You can 100% throw a football around (Bring your own football) and kick field goals. I have taken the tour 2 times and have kicked field goals. The only thing you have to watch out for is people running around. Sometimes they bring bus loads of kids and they are running all around the endzone area. It can be a mad house out there sometimes.
  15. ologan

ologan Well-Known Member

3,661 Messages
    169 Likes Received
    We were there early in the year. They were sound checking the stadium for an opera. They lowered the big screen down close to the field.
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

We took the self guided tour.
  16. ologan

ologan Well-Known Member

3,661 Messages
    169 Likes Received
    Add one more.......

[IMG]
  17. percyhoward

percyhoward Research Tool

8,015 Messages
    1,588 Likes Received
    [IMG]
  18. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

37,838 Messages
    1,089 Likes Received
    I cover high school games all the time, and I'm on turf. It's so annoying, that stuff finds it way in your shoes, and you're dumping your shoe out every time you come away from the turf. But it feels so much better than the way turf used to feel.

They actually have an NCAA turf room below in the basement, I guess they use different turf from the NFL>