1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Gotta feeling 2 Trades in 1st Round

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by dantheman41, Mar 30, 2012.

1. dantheman41

dantheman41 Active Member

729 Messages
    138 Likes Received
    IMO I have a feeling Jerry is going to trade down to low 20s or high teens if their is someone willing to move up. Then I think their going to get back into the 1st round in late 20s.

1st 1st RD Pick: Best Pass Rusher on Board
    2nd 1st RD Pick: If Dre Kirkpatrick, Stephen Gilmore, Mark Barron or Peter Konz drop
  2. ThreeandOut

ThreeandOut Well-Known Member

1,833 Messages
    188 Likes Received
    I agree that this is going to be the likely strategy they attempt to pursue. There seems to be just a cluster of players that they view similarly and there is no one that they absolutely have to have at 14. So the main goal will be to come out of this draft with two players with a first round grade.

I think the first pick will be defense. For the second pick, the only two offensive players I see them pursuing in a trade up will be Konz or Fleener as a dark house. Otherwise, they will take defensive with that pick as well (probably some combination of pass rusher with one pick and secondary with the other).
  3. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,572 Messages
    2,434 Likes Received
    Fine by me!

I thought you were going to say two trade downs--which would worrry me.
    But your picture could work well.
    As always, it all depends on how the draft is unfolding.
    Read and react , baby!
  4. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

2,686 Messages
    282 Likes Received
    I see barron and then trade up for konz. I would very excited with our off season
  5. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,510 Messages
    877 Likes Received
    I was going to post this...I would be absolutely thrilled if we pulled this off