1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Gotta give Jerry props on the depth...

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by juck, Dec 17, 2012.

1. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,134 Messages
    85 Likes Received
    I mean we have been winning with some 2nd and 3rd stringers. Especially at LB. Guys are stepping up. The team is pretty deep. I still think we need to draft the trenches but still playin well. Ryan Cook hasnt been awful. I see a T on both sides and a NT definitely.
  2. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

4,416 Messages
    1,798 Likes Received
    Yea. I hope we get to hold on to a lot of these guys. Everyone knew we had CB depth coming into the season. I'd like to keep Jenkins but it might be too much of luxury. Nobody knew we had ILB depth. Hell, you could argue that nobody knew we had 2 legit starters at ILB coming into the season. But we are depleted at the DT position. Especially if we don't resign Ratliff.
  3. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,992 Messages
    2,020 Likes Received
    Hell yes, all you heard was this team lacked depth. Jerry the Gm ruining the team. How the blind see when the Cowboys win. Not saying the OP is in this group. But Jerry is a good gm. He's given the coach what they needed. They just had to do their jobs and get it done.
  4. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,669 Messages
    3,187 Likes Received
    Waiting for THEM to respond... 3... 2... 1...
  5. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,992 Messages
    2,020 Likes Received
    Still waiting.......
  6. Hoss

Hoss Member

78 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    I agree...for all the trials and tribulations this season has delivered, it has been a fun thing to watch.
  7. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,375 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Guys I'd like to keep for next year/give a shot to make next year's roster include,

1. Sims - I think he could be a nice cover LB for us. Sort of play some of the positions RR wanted Church to also play.

2. Moore - I think we may have signed him for 2 years after we took him from the Pats PS.

3. Peprah - We definitely could use some Safety depth. I'd give him a shot to make the roster next year.

4. Coe - Again, a shot to make the roster next year. Churn the bottom of the roster.
  8. Ultimategamer5567

Ultimategamer5567 Member

824 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    This team has no depth. Jerry is the worst G.M. in the NFL. Take off your blinders, you homer. All is lost. One playoff win in seventeen years.
  9. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,911 Messages
    2,102 Likes Received
    So, we assume Jerruh makes ALL the personnel decisions all by himself?
  10. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,669 Messages
    3,187 Likes Received
    Well played sir! :D

The Cliff Notes version, but you did just fine!
  11. D29Murray

D29Murray New Member

378 Messages
    0 Likes Received

:laugh2: :laugh1:

Well why not? They certainly like to blame him when things are going wrong and pretend he makes all of the decisions by himself anyway... Why shouldn't he get all of the credit for making all of the decisions by himself when things are going good?
  12. maxdallasfan

maxdallasfan Well-Known Member

1,419 Messages
    580 Likes Received
    Jerry has brought in big names.

Is it his fault,that 90% of,our D is hurt?

I blame him for the OL, but JG and Callahan also,share that blame.
  13. BigDFan5

BigDFan5 In Tebow I Trust

14,920 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    Can't believe this has lasted an hour and "they" haven't attacked yet
  14. Ultimategamer5567

Ultimategamer5567 Member

824 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    Thank you, good sir. :p
  15. Ultimategamer5567

Ultimategamer5567 Member

824 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    What, my sarcastic impersonation of "them" wasn't good enough for you? And to think, I only get minimum wage to put up with this out of punks like you. :D
  16. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,911 Messages
    2,102 Likes Received
    Dont you realize that anything good that happens is in spite of Jerruh? :lmao2:
  17. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

15,271 Messages
    2,466 Likes Received
    The claim that Jerry has been a mediocre GM over the past 15 years or so isn't outlandish by any stretch. It's supported by the team's record over that span.

However, during the second half of this season, it does seem as if the worm is starting to turn. The team looks to have better depth. The culture looks to be changing. For those reasons alone, in terms of coaching and talent acquisition, the organization shouldn't make any substantial changes in the off season.
  18. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,661 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    Don't know if it can really be said about the 2nd and 3rd stringers, guys such as Conner and McCrazy have been pretty bad. What has stood out is the street free agents and guys they have picked up out of nowhere.

Whoever (if thats Jerry) is doing that needs a pat on the back, although I really doubt its Jerry finding them to be honest.
  19. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

39,726 Messages
    1,937 Likes Received
    Thanks, saved me the typing.
  20. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

15,271 Messages
    2,466 Likes Received
    Jerry hires the people who find the people. In that regard, it's always going to be his baby, for better or worse.