1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Gov. Admits Being 'Unfaithful' to His Wife, After Argentina Trip

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by BrAinPaiNt, Jun 24, 2009.

1. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt °¤~Cold Eternal~¤° Staff Member

58,791 Messages
    1,715 Likes Received
    Link

In a stunning confession, South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford admitted Wednesday to being "unfaithful" to his wife during a press conference meant to clear up his mysterious week-long absence.

"I've let down a lot of people. That's the bottom line," he said. "I've been unfaithful to my wife."

Sanford, who just returned from Argentina, said he developed a "relationship with what started out as a dear, dear friend" from that country.

"It began very innocently as I suspect they usually do ... Over this year (it) developed into something much more than that," he said.

The governor "apologized" profusely to his family, his staff and the people of South Carolina. He said he's let down his four sons in a "profound way," though he said his wife Jenny had known about the affair for five months and they were trying to work through it.

He said he is resigning as chairman of the Republican Governors Association.

The first-hand account Wednesday was meant to settle mounting questions over the governor's week-long disappearance.

His staff first claimed the governor was hiking on the Appalachian Trail a few hours away from the state capital. But confusion intensified Wednesday morning after The State newspaper reported that Sanford had just returned from Argentina.

It became clear early in his press conference that Sanford would reveal something much more personal surrounding his trip, as he repeatedly made reference to his family and apologized for his behavior.
  2. Bonecrusher#31

Bonecrusher#31 Active Member

1,801 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    another rising conservative star bites the dust ...
  3. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

33,213 Messages
    920 Likes Received
    Yeah, there will be plenty more on both sides before 2012 comes along.

Thin the heard I say. Lets get down to it.
  4. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,870 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That's a long way to travel for a "booty call." Stick a fork in him.
  5. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

27,393 Messages
    475 Likes Received
    heh, i still don't care. : )
  6. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,707 Messages
    27 Likes Received
    and another one bites the dust. At least we know how to handle these types unlike the Dems. If he was a member of the other party it would have been considered a resume enhancer especially if she was hot.
  7. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,588 Messages
    344 Likes Received
    I was wrong and Diaf was right ..... it was something scandalous.
  8. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,707 Messages
    27 Likes Received
    sucks, doesn't it. Especially DIAF.;)
  9. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

27,393 Messages
    475 Likes Received
    well in all fairness, when you cry foul at every opportunity, are you right or just crying foul at every opportunity?
  10. DIAF

DIAF DivaLover159

4,009 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    Sorry guys, but this one just REEKED fishiness. There's no way this could have been anything else.

Taking off with a state vehicle and no state protection, no transfer of powers to Lt. Gov, lying to your staff about your whereabouts, and no one else but your Chief of Staff knowing where you are? That just screams "I'm doing something I'm not supposed to be doing". It wasn't hard to "guess" at this one.
  11. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,870 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No kidding. He was bound to be right eventually, like the guy who plays "black 22" at roulette.
  12. sbark

sbark Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,483 Messages
    134 Likes Received
    Indigestion........

good call by Diaf..............

what is Life comeing to..........one big episode of wife swap..........:rolleyes:

Radio news just said the wife was quoted as saying she told him to leave 2 weeks ago...........so no wonder she had no idea where he was....she didnt really care.......

doggone lingering long term effects from the Slick Willie years----:p:
  13. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,515 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    So he's saying she's now available?

BobSac... meet you in Argentina? :lmao2:

PS. Ill bring the cigars.

[IMG]
  14. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

20,165 Messages
    806 Likes Received
    :eek: He said the affair was....fishy.....huh-huh.
  15. sacase

sacase Well-Known Member

4,267 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    I really don't care, he's a polititian, not a saint. All polotitians are dirty. Was she hot?
  16. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    This is absurd. Figures.
  17. Dallas

11,515 Messages
    1 Likes Received

Figures?

Like Clinton and Edwards kinda figures? Is that what you mean? Those in glass houses, sir.

Those in glass houses.
  18. CowboyMcCoy

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received

Well, no. It figures that it gets brushed under the rug when it's an (R). But when it has to do with (D) the proverbial "Slick Willie" jokes come out. I just like how you 'Republicans' work, morally. :)
  19. Dallas

11,515 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Oh please. Don't get your panties all bunched up. At least it doesn't take an act of congress to get the truth out w/ these Republican adulterers.

We at least save tax payer money by doing it this way.

:p:
  20. CowboyMcCoy

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    I'll have you know I'm not wearing any panties, and it's the principles that tend to be sort of wishy-washy and seemingly flip-flop with you guys.

I like that. . . . :)