1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Gov. Admits Being 'Unfaithful' to His Wife, After Argentina Trip

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by BrAinPaiNt, Jun 24, 2009.

1. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,264 Messages
    1,291 Likes Received
    and all i'm saying is YOU DO NOT KNOW now do you?

you assume, right after you said WAH - DON'T DO THAT!

but i was right, you'd excuse it away.
  2. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,154 Messages
    2,230 Likes Received
    THANK YOU.

And he was/is the ONLY one....ever.
  3. iceberg

28,264 Messages
    1,291 Likes Received
    look, you go off and say something stupid and get busted for it, stop whining.

now you're mad at me for being on MY high horse while you're still on yours going SINNER!!!! to me.

so if you can guarantee i've sinned, you're judging me.

hypocracy can be so crazy.

and if you think this is a bit much, yea. it is. but so is "how dare you critisize him when you don't know the whole story!" then turn around and call everyone sinners of SOME degree to cover your stupid statement.
  4. DFWJC

23,154 Messages
    2,230 Likes Received
    whatever.

I don't claim to be anything greater than you or anyone else here. Just not getting the piousness. If you think you never sinned before....good for you.
  5. iceberg

28,264 Messages
    1,291 Likes Received
    who says i never sinned? all i said was it was stupid to go:

don't judge cause you don't know!
    then say
    you're all sinners!!!!

you assume. you also assume that a sin is a sin is a sin to us all.

i do not break my word dude. i found out long ago that's something you can sell one time, but you'll never be able to buy it back. i'd much rather go through the painful act of breaking up with someone if i wanna play around than lie to them and have to live with that.

don't assume you know my morals dude. we know his - just not the reasons behind it. you don't know mine, so don't try to lump me and everyone else in with some generic bit of stupidity.
  6. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,777 Messages
    672 Likes Received
    Just saw a picture of her. What was this guy thinking? This guy needs his eyes checked.
  7. DFWJC

23,154 Messages
    2,230 Likes Received
    By the way...it's we are all sinners...not you are all sinners. :)

So you have never once broken your word? Not even 10-20 years ago? Not once? And if so, would you have wanted to be forgiven if you genuinely asked for it? Anyway, lying is just one tiny form of sin...plenty of other ways to screw up too. I know 1st hand. :eek::

Anyway, I didn't say I knew your morals. Saying "we all have sinned" does not mean that you know someone'e heart and soul. It's just stating simple fact.

Hey, I agree my comment about us not knowing what goes on behind closed doors was a tangent. But the general point about transgressions, I think, was a valid (and undeniable) point.
  8. Rogah

Rogah Well-Known Member

3,779 Messages
    93 Likes Received
    What about his mom..? :D
  9. iceberg

28,264 Messages
    1,291 Likes Received
    what's also undeniable is it being foolish to say "don't judge" then remind us all we're sinners.

in my mind this is between him and his wife. *we the people* should have nothing to do with it other than him going MIA for a week on public money - for that he should resign.

for cheating he needs to close the door and work that out with his wife - i will agree none of us know the details on it. but i also think you don't know *MY* details so trying to loop everyone into one big sin made no sense to me.
  10. DFWJC

23,154 Messages
    2,230 Likes Received
    trouble-maker:rolleyes:
  11. DFWJC

23,154 Messages
    2,230 Likes Received
    I guess that's where we disconnected.

I don't at all think stating the 100% fact that we have all sinned at sometime in our life as being passing judgment on anyone. Not even close. It is an all-inclusive and non-judgmental statement in my eyes. So I can see where that could be a disconnect of some sorts.

Furthermore, we all have a right to disapprove of what someone else has done. So even that, we do not disagree on. I was just trying to put this into a broader context...maybe got carried away.

My apologies for getting a bit pissed off. You have your reason for feeling what you do.
  12. Viper

Viper Active Member

2,190 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I agree with you, we all have sinned. If this wasn't a public official, an individual who chose to be in the public eye his transgression with his wife would remain private. His choices have placed him in the situation he is in now. We may all sin, in the same breathe there are consequences to those sins. What happened between him and his wife is between the two of them. He involved the public when he used public funds, when he placed himself in the limelight asking us to trust him to lead. This trust is broken because of his actions. I wouldn't vote for him, I wouldn't want him representing me.
  13. DFWJC

23,154 Messages
    2,230 Likes Received
    I see your point and agree for the most part. I guess i would want to know him a little better before I permanently ousted him. If this is a pattern and the guy just can't be trusted...adios. If this a short period of terrible judgment (including lies) but all the rest of his adult years he had been a standup guy, I may give him another shot if I liked what he normally stood for.

But you, of course, have every right to feel how you do.
  14. iceberg

28,264 Messages
    1,291 Likes Received
    all good - and i wasn't ever really pissed off - just trying to make a point. these are words on the screen and i learned long ago to NOT take them too seriously - but i'm sure we all have our moments.

it's not my place to say you're a sinner by some blanket statement, however. what you consider a sin and what i consider a sin may or may not be the same thing, so until you know how people define these words, using them in a blanket fashion will backfire more often than not.

i'm not kidding when i say my word is everything to me. the sacrafices i've made to keep it or make right to those who for whatever reason i couldn't to me marks how someone really is.

i don't know the relationship of he and his wife. far as i know none of us do. but public figure or not that's between the two of them to work out. i do know if someone will cheat on someone that close to them, i don't mean jack shyte on a rainy day.

my main point was i just found it very ironic you offer someone the blanket *you don't know him* routine then turn around and more or less pass judgement on everyone else.

well, you don't know us either. you can make assumptions but that's all we're doing in return. that's what 99% of information on a board like this really turns out to be in the end. talk between people on similiar topics that in the end we have no real personal experience with those we talk about, in many cases.

breaking your word to someone is just something i make a huge party foul. no, not like "you said you'd come over friday but you didn't WAH!" type - but a personal promise made - keep it or work through changes that happen to us all. but don't lie.

not everyone will feel the same way as i do about it and that's obvious and perfectly ok. but again, i keep promises like this pretty "sacred". if you can't keep that type of a promise, anything else is fair game to lie about also.
  15. DFWJC

23,154 Messages
    2,230 Likes Received
    Thought I would repeat that one last time before moving on. I was not passing judgment on anyone.

I bludgeoned the dead horse enough.
  16. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,956 Messages
    3,460 Likes Received
    Surprised this thread is still going. To me it is a problem for the people of S. Carolina and I'm sure they will determine if he remains Gov or not. As for any ambitions of running an office like President I think he sealed his fate
  17. iceberg

28,264 Messages
    1,291 Likes Received
    i got it. believe me, i got it.

but i'm not going to "flatten" all sins to be equal in value either. to say "you've sinned too!" in this manner, to me, would mean that i've committed a foul as big as this.

or why bring it up?

it's like defending a convicted killer who admitted it because i jaywalked once in my life. there's my disconnect. i broke a law, how dare i get mad at someone else for breaking a law.
  18. Phrozen Phil

Phrozen Phil Active Member

3,886 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    This thread is a good example of what happens when too many people have too much time on their hands. It's the curse of the off-season.
    As one of the resident Canucks here, I will ask that you judge us individually. CCF is obviously one of those "Jet-Set Canadians" who has his maple syrup and his lobster flown in from the east coast. As for Wal Mart, I have shopped there, but I don't believe that I've ever purchased clothing there. Not sure why. I have to spend most of my time preventing myself from freezing to death, as my igloo is in need of some off season maintenance. As is common knowledge among Americans, all Canadian males are either Lumberjacks or Mounties, so I will put my plaid shirt back on, (not purchased at Wal Mart) and get back to the tall timber. :chainsaw: :p:
  19. Rogah

Rogah Well-Known Member

3,779 Messages
    93 Likes Received
    Don't be ridiculous. We Americans are well aware that Canadians also get jobs as pro hockey players.
  20. Phrozen Phil

Phrozen Phil Active Member

3,886 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    Good point. I almost forgot. We also get employment reading the news on American television networks.