1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Gov. Admits Being 'Unfaithful' to His Wife, After Argentina Trip

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by BrAinPaiNt, Jun 24, 2009.

1. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,527 Messages
    395 Likes Received
    Whether they were betrayed though has no bearing on his ability to act as governor.
  2. CanadianCowboysFan

15,527 Messages
    395 Likes Received
    The claim I am a teenage boy in Buffalo wasn't funny the first time.

I watch the show and if you don't think they trash the people clothing wise, you are obviously watching a different show than I am. They throw the person's clothes out.

Remember next time you are going out on a date Scipio, no mini skirts after 35.
  3. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,903 Messages
    2,711 Likes Received
    Holy Cow! Is that what I'm doing? I thought I was helping sweep it under the rug.
  4. Hostile

118,903 Messages
    2,711 Likes Received
    :thumbup:

My man Ice.
  5. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    http://www.reason.com/news/show/134416.html

Call it residual puritanism or an overdose of religion if you want, but most Americans think wedding vows are not to be disdained. In recent decades, sexual mores have gotten considerably more relaxed, with one major exception: extramarital affairs. A 2009 Gallup poll found that 92 percent of us think adultery is "morally wrong"—which presumably means there are a lot more people who commit it than defend it. Only 40 percent of Americans think premarital sex is morally wrong, and only 47 percent say that of homosexual relations.

So Barney Frank's career survived his romp with a male prostitute, while John Edwards' fling with a campaign aide made him politically radioactive. Sex without marriage is OK. Sex in violation of marriage is not.

Why not? Because adultery, unlike a frisky bachelor lifestyle, connotes a reckless dishonesty at odds with our basic notions of integrity. Because it shows a lack of respect for the most important commitment that most of us will ever make. Because it indicates that the adulterer will always place his selfish desires above those who depend on him.

Is it naive of us to believe that a politician who keeps his commitments to his wife will also keep his commitments to us? Probably. But not as naive as thinking that if he betrays her, he'll treat us any better.
  6. Hostile

118,903 Messages
    2,711 Likes Received
    I will confess one thing to you. I do not see how I am judging him if he has publicly admitted to his transgression. Condemning the transgression? Oh yeah, I am definitely doing that. Calling it stupid? You bet. But once someone has confessed to something there's no judgment any more. Just commentary on whether they were stupid or not.

He was.
  7. Hostile

118,903 Messages
    2,711 Likes Received
    Does everything go right over your head or do some things make a roundabout journey around your head?
  8. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

15,104 Messages
    2,314 Likes Received
    I didn't say it was funny. I just said it was a reasonable explanation for your behavior.
  9. CanadianCowboysFan

15,527 Messages
    395 Likes Received
    Well the fact you added a :laugh2: to your post tended to make me think you thought it was funny.
  10. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I thought it was funny
  11. CanadianCowboysFan

15,527 Messages
    395 Likes Received
    The point made by the other poster is bang on. What he did really hurt noone other than his family, why is it getting so much air time and generating such hate filled posts on this board.

Damn what he did has been going on since man evolved from apes and will continue until the Sun becomes a Red Giant and the human race ceases to exist.

It is only in the US that such a story would be a big deal.

Is adultery right or wrong, not for me to decide but I know it is a personal/family matter.
  12. Hostile

118,903 Messages
    2,711 Likes Received
    We're trying to stop the Liberal claims that this will get swept under the rug.

Pay attention once in a while.

God bless the USA is all I have to say about this being the only place it is a big deal. Bless us one and all forever. Makes me damned proud of my heritage.
  13. ScipioCowboy

15,104 Messages
    2,314 Likes Received
    It was funny to me and Bob. But I made no promises to anyone else.
  14. ScipioCowboy

15,104 Messages
    2,314 Likes Received
    Hilarious!

It's the Conservatives who are piling on the adulterous Republican governor.
    :laugh2:
  15. Hostile

118,903 Messages
    2,711 Likes Received
    Hey, don't forget me. The guy who doesn't know squat about politics.
  16. ScipioCowboy

15,104 Messages
    2,314 Likes Received
    None of us do. That's the beauty of it. Most of us know as much about politics as we do, well, football.

At least you're one for two.:p:
  17. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Not when it's on the public dime it's not.
    I understand the viable view that if his wife can't trust him, why the hell should I? But I also understand some people have strange priorities and are more reckless with the concerns of those most close to them. This isn't one of those instances.

Given that one, he's not trustworthy to his own wife and two, he's using public funds to pay for his trip, I think it's pretty cut and dry the guy has no business being in the position of serving the people 'in good faith'.

He shouldn't resign, he should be fired.
  18. CanadianCowboysFan

15,527 Messages
    395 Likes Received
    you have a better argument on the second point although given the amount of waste in government, a few grand for him to score is pretty meaningless
  19. Hostile

118,903 Messages
    2,711 Likes Received
    Do yourself a favor and shut your festering gob. Now you're just coming across as completely full of crap for the sake of being completely full of crap.
  20. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,024 Messages
    768 Likes Received

He has never been capable of shutting up before people realize that.