1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Gov. Admits Being 'Unfaithful' to His Wife, After Argentina Trip

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by BrAinPaiNt, Jun 24, 2009.

1. iceberg

iceberg detoxed...part 2 Zone Supporter

28,331 Messages
    1,354 Likes Received
    i'd love to be there the day karma teabags you.
  2. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    :lmao: :lmao:
  3. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,618 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    you sound like a man of experience.
  4. CanadianCowboysFan

15,618 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    I'm like that guy in the Dos Equis commercials, I had an awkward moment once just to see how it felt.
  5. iceberg

28,331 Messages
    1,354 Likes Received
    dude, that's supposed to be a moment, not a lifetime.
  6. iceberg

28,331 Messages
    1,354 Likes Received
    you sound like someone who thought the comebacks of the 6th grade were good then, and they're good now.
  7. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    All I said was that the guy was not an obscure political figure even before this scandal broke, ice... don't know why you're taking it personal...

Well, if that's the attitude you're gonna take, then I can't resist observing that a) he didn't admit to it until he was cold busted, and b) this same guy was a congressman when Clinton's scandal broke, and he said:

"If you had a chairman or president in the business world facing these allegations, he’d be gone.”

He called for Clinton's resignation because of his sexual infidelity, now he's found to be engaged in an adulterous affair, but he plans on clinging to his job... so much for moral consistency, eh??

That's my ONLY take on the Sanford affair, that he had one standard when Slick Willie was cheating on his wife, he consciously sought out the moral high ground... he got up on his high horse... now that he's the one doing the cheating, though, he's singing another tune...

IOW, he can keep the job if the people of South Carolina are willing to let him, but he's nothing but a mealy-mouthed hypocrite...

And all I said was you must have missed it when he was getting all that publicity for refusing stimulus funds, and his battle with his own state's legislature over that issue... it really did get a good bit of attention...

That doesn't make you a bad person or anything, I'm just rather surprised, because you're generally pretty well-informed about things political...
  8. iceberg

28,331 Messages
    1,354 Likes Received
    not taking it personal - but you "pick" at things and i don't know why. it seemed like you were making fun of me cause i'd never heard of the dude.

again - let me be clear.
    he admitted it. yes after busted, but he did, right?
    clinton never did, did he?

this is my only point - quit trying to make it something else.

i don't follow along with every person out there however. just no time or desire.
  9. CanadianCowboysFan

15,618 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    good comeback
  10. CanadianCowboysFan

15,618 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    except I do not feel awkward in the least
  11. iceberg

28,331 Messages
    1,354 Likes Received
    don't worry. we all feel bad enough for you as it is.
  12. Rogah

Rogah Well-Known Member

3,838 Messages
    115 Likes Received
    This from the guy who, when I said I had never heard of Sanford prior to this incident, told me (direct quote) "You might try doing some reading sometime..."

So feel free to drop the innocent-little-me, "why in the world would anyone take offense at anything I said?" routine.
  13. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    Here's my response.

If he will do that to his family, god know what it would take for him to sell out the people in his state. I'd bet he'd he turn his back on the people who elected him for nothing more than a lap dance.

This guy needs to be out of office. He's a piss poor representation of the people of this country. I'm sick of elected officials making the people who elected them and the people they represent look bad. Sadly, there are far too damn many of them.
  14. Jarv

Jarv Loud pipes saves lives. Zone Supporter

7,105 Messages
    132 Likes Received
    Don't sweat it, self revelation will hit you someday when you grow up.

:laugh2:
  15. iceberg

28,331 Messages
    1,354 Likes Received

SB usually comes out swinging looking to tweak noses. hard to tell we is and isn't anymore.
  16. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Well said.