1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Grade the Claiborne pick

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by nathanlt, Apr 28, 2012.

1. nathanlt

nathanlt Well-Known Member

1,986 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    I give the Claiborne pick a B+ for the following reasons.

Researching the player. C I like the fact that they emphasized film study, and watched his highlight reels. The major detractor is that they did not speak with him, were seemingly unaware of his wrist injury, and for all we know, knew nothing of his Wonderlic score. On the other side, they obviously knew that he was the Jim Thorpe award winner, and based much of their grading process on that.

Trade Value. A+ They did not overpay at all, in fact they traded up while underpaying in terms of points.

Compatability w/ Defense. A+ It is EXACTLY what Dallas needs to be more successful under Rob Ryan's Defense.

Making the trade. A- Kudos to Stephen Jones for staying on the phone, and not buckling under for the requested 4th rounder, or 5th rounder. The drawback here is that they surrendered their 2nd round pick on a player that they had not researched the injury history on.

Overall, a B+, although I'm hoping that Claiborne's talent outweighs and covers the oversight Dallas had in "getting to know your draft pick"

What's your Grade? Mods, can you add this as a poll?
  2. gmoney112

gmoney112 Well-Known Member

3,148 Messages
    490 Likes Received
    I'm sure they did a lot more research than you're giving them credit for, assuming they weren't aware of his wonderlic score is a little pretentious. They absolutely knew about that.

I give it an A+. We fleeced 'em and got a very, very good corner. We now have two excellent press corners manning the boat in our scheme. Claiborne was the best defensive player in the entire draft, a real blue chip prospect. Revis type potential. Considering how bad our secondary was last season and the amount of quality QB/WR combo's we face, not only in our own division but the NFC in general, this move was brilliant. Having two press corners of this level will immediately improve the pass rush as well.

I really couldn't be any happier. It's going to be fun watching Carr and Claiborne manned up against the Giants week 1.
  3. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,305 Messages
    2,724 Likes Received
    A++++++++ (deep breath) +++++++!!
  4. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,464 Messages
    398 Likes Received
    +++++++++++++++++111111111111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!

1110% the best player in the Draft at a premium position on need, he wins game for this team in 2012 in countless ways. This eefects the entire Defense and Offense in a pass happy NFL.
  5. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,649 Messages
    1,104 Likes Received
    Uhh, he was the best player available in the draft other than QB and it was a position of need. It's A+
  6. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,163 Messages
    4,344 Likes Received
    Can only be an A+.
  7. JustDezIt

JustDezIt Formerly sm0kie13 ROY

3,645 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    how does A+ and A+ and A- equal B+?