1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Grammys 2012

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Feb 12, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,906 Messages
    3,854 Likes Received
    Anyone watching?

Missed Bruce's performance, but I thought LL Cool J handled the opening of the Grammys really well.
  2. pjtoadie

pjtoadie Cleveland's #1 Cowboys fan

1,909 Messages
    467 Likes Received
    Yeah LL Cool did a great job with the opening. Did anyone catch Victor Cruz and Mario Manningham sitting behind Adele?
  3. WoodysGirl

64,906 Messages
    3,854 Likes Received
    Everyone on twitter kept pointing it out, but I still missed seeing them in the audience.

Guess it's not to meant to be. Those are choice seats, tho.
  4. MonsterD

MonsterD Quota outta absentia

3,436 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    Just saw this on tumblr, but seriously Deadmau5 walked the red carpet with a T-shirt that has Skrillex's real phone# and "U mad bro?" :laugh1:
  5. pjtoadie

pjtoadie Cleveland's #1 Cowboys fan

1,909 Messages
    467 Likes Received
    Yeah they are....I have a feeling they'll be showing Adele a lot more through the night because she's still nominated for like a gazillion more awards :laugh2:
  6. WoodysGirl

64,906 Messages
    3,854 Likes Received
    They just intro'd an award. Mario Manningham clearly needed more rehearsal.

On a side note, can't wait to see Adele do her thing. Love her.
  7. kristie

kristie Well-Known Member

7,550 Messages
    119 Likes Received
    me too. her album 21 is amazing. :D
  8. WoodysGirl

64,906 Messages
    3,854 Likes Received
    Best performances so far:

Kelly Clarkson duet w/the country artist. Can't think of his name.

Coldplay only.. not the Rihanna duet.

Adele

And LL licking his lips.. Standing O from me everytime. :)
  9. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,401 Messages
    548 Likes Received
    Adele is so gorgeous. That song is genius.
  10. kristie

7,550 Messages
    119 Likes Received
    jason aldean
  11. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Love Kelly Clarkson. Definitely my 2nd favorite female artist. She did a terrific job at the Super Bowl and tonight at the Grammys.
  12. kristie

7,550 Messages
    119 Likes Received
    adele deserved every grammy she won tonight.:D
  13. Kristi

Kristi I Rue Everything

347 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Adele sweeps!!

Nothing like saying snot in your Album of the Year acceptance speech!! LOL!! Love her!!!
  14. Kristi

Kristi I Rue Everything

347 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Wanted to add - Dave Grohl gives one of the best Grammy speeches and they cut him off!!! No music, no nothing for Ryan Seacrest to come on stage. He's on TV enough. At least we could still hear most of the rest of his speech, but still. LONG LIVE ROCK IN ROLL!!

I hope artist's listen and just go back to the basics. It sounds better when it's real!! Especially the rockers -- a lot of my favorites went the computer route. Not only did I not like the albums, they couldn't pull it off live and I eventually lost interest.
  15. kristie

7,550 Messages
    119 Likes Received
    me too. :D
  16. kristie

7,550 Messages
    119 Likes Received
    [youtube]lSDDvFw5gbU[/youtube]
  17. Phoenix

Phoenix Well-Known Member

4,835 Messages
    334 Likes Received
    Loved LL's opening to the show. Most of those artists were new to me...that Adele lady has some talent! Muted the Manoj lady's performance. Really loved the Whitney tribute by the Hudson chick. They mentioned Etta James at the top of the show as being gone, but failed to mention her during the proper segment, nor did they do any kind of tribute to Etta. Loved all of the living legends being there and performing throughout the night, even though way too many people on the twitter were being overly critical of them.
  18. kimrose

kimrose Active Member

199 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    Yeah, I noticed they did not mention Etta during the goodbye segment. Thought that was rather rude of them. She was a legend who deserved much respect. They did do a tribute for her, though, in a song. Bonnie Raitt and Alicia Keys sang "Sunday Kind Of Love" in her honor.

We didn't mute Manoj's hideous performance, but we did turn it down pretty low. I have never heard of her before and hope I don't hear of her again. lol. If she has anything better than that, she really should have done it.

Love Adele, can't get enough of her. She is truly gifted. And such a sweet, open person. Bruno Mars did an excellent job in his opening number, as well, and of course, as always. Man, can he sing. I really liked Chris Brown's performance with Deadmau5. I love techno, and that was awesome!

And I was blown away by Jennifer's moving tribute to Whitney. As much as that girl has been through, to maintain her level of strength should serve as a lightsource to those of us who are struggling with our own tragedies. She has guts and she is so full of class, it is almost painful to watch her standing so tall through it all. What an inspiration she is.

I know it's not allowed, but man would I have loved for LL to bust out with a little treat for us old LL fans. He did a great job hosting the show.
  19. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Manoj. What that the girl with the terrible rap like performance?

I was playing BF3 with headphones on. I had to stop and tell my wife to turn that **** it was so god awful. That is pretty bad when you've got a war video game with gun shots and loud explosions in your ear and you still have to mute a TV because the sound coming out of it is so hideous.
  20. kimrose

kimrose Active Member

199 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    Yes, Sam. That would be the one. Terrible singing, terrible dancing, terrible rapping, even terrible squealing (yes, she squealed like a stuck pig, something about "mommy no" or something). It was awful. It was like a horrible nightmare of itself! She was acting like she was getting exorcized or something. The truth is, I think she really needs to be! She is either a really good actress, or she has terrible mental problems.:laugh2:

Maybe she does have better material, and just played it up a bit too much for the Big Show last night. In fairness to her, I am gonna go check her out on youtube before I judge her entirely. But even if everything else is great, I stand by my view of her from last night. It sucked.