1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Graziano NFCE Chat Wrap - 06/04/13 *Cowboys-only*

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jun 5, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,518 Messages
    3,343 Likes Received
    mike (philly)

Who do you see as the cowboys second tight end this year Hanna or Escobar?
    Dan Graziano (12:05 PM)

Probably Escobar, but I think they can both expect to see the field a lot.

Erik (PA)

If Dallas starts out 1-4 or something bad.....do you see Jerry firing him mid season like Wade?
    Dan Graziano (12:06 PM)

I doubt it. Wade was 1-7 by the time he got fired, right? And Jones obviously didn't want to make that move but felt he no longer had a choice. I think Garrett gets this season no matter what, and maybe more. But I also think the Cowboys have a chance to be pretty good. Of course, I thought that in 2010 as well.

Justin (Delaware)

Why are the Cowboys dragging their feet on signing T Eric Winston
    Dan Graziano (12:07 PM)

I don't think they want him.

Jim (Wyoming)

Bigger problem: Cowboys o-line or Giants linebackers?
    Dan Graziano (12:11 PM)

I'll say Cowboys' O-line, since the Giants have shown an ability to succeed in spite of substandard linebacker play.

mike (philly)

Does Sean Lee get a new deal this preseason?
    Dan Graziano (12:13 PM)

The Cowboys would probably like to do one. Lee might be wiser to play a 16-game season before negotiating.

Austin (Texas)

Still well into the offseason and I'm already seeing multiple articles ripping Tony Romo. Everybody from professional journalists to Stone Cold Steve Austin. Are people hungry for anything NFL related or is it just easy pickings?
    Dan Graziano (12:15 PM)

Probably both, no?

Hanson (DC)

Tony Romo will take 95% of the lame for 87% of the Cowboy loses which will be only 37% right. Is this about right?
    Dan Graziano (12:20 PM)

Let me get my abacus...

Reed (Dallas)

What kind of production do you predict for a healthy Dez Bryant this year?
    Dan Graziano (12:24 PM)

If Bryant is fully healthy for 16 games, then at some point in December the "First Take" guys will be debating him vs. Calvin Johnson.

Ryan (Atlanta, GA)

Dan, I know it's early on in the year but who would you say would be the premature starter at safety for this upcoming season? I'd presume Barry Church is taking one of the spots but what about the other? What direction do you think the staff at Valley Ranch is leaning towards...I'm hoping more towards Johnson or Wilcox instead of the vet Will Allen.
    Dan Graziano (12:25 PM)

My sense is that Allen, the known quantity, likely has the edge at this very early stage and that one of those younger guys would have to win the job, as Church did last offseason.

DJ (NC)

Dan, just a note on the Cowboys' safety question, Bryan Broaddus has noted that Johnson is running with the 1s at OTAs. Obviously their in shorts, so you can't read too much into it, but it seems Allen is not the default leader in that race.
    Dan Graziano (12:33 PM)

Noted.

Bryan (Springdale, AR)

Is there a consensus that Dez Bryant has a chances to surpass Calvin Johnson as the best receiver in the league, maybe not this year but next?
    Dan Graziano (12:39 PM)

A consensus? No. Someday in these chats you guys will be saying, "Wow, Dan, you called that one."

DJ (NC)

Who has a bigger impact this year if he stays healthy for 16 games, Dez or Sean Lee?
    Dan Graziano (12:44 PM)

Lee, because I think you can make the case that he impacts every play on defense, where there will be plays on offense of which Bryant is no part.

Jvon (Charleston)

i think the experience Kiffen and Marinelli brings trumps any high dollar free agent Dallas might have gone after. Discipline alone will make this defense better. Is top 10 too much to ask for?
    Dan Graziano (12:52 PM)

I think the Cowboys' defensive personnel could be top 10 if they all stay healthy. Lots of high-level guys there.

Read the rest: http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/48149/nfl-with-dan-graziano
  2. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,413 Messages
    105 Likes Received
    "What kind of production do you predict for a healthy Dez Bryant this year?
    Dan Graziano (12:24 PM)

If Bryant is fully healthy for 16 games, then at some point in December the "First Take" guys will be debating him vs. Calvin Johnson."

---------

Favorite part of the chat.

The Romo-Abacus post was pretty funny.
  3. conner01

conner01 Well-Known Member

2,339 Messages
    116 Likes Received
    if he can half a full seaon like the second half of last seaon then that debate will happen
  4. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

27,972 Messages
    3,916 Likes Received
    Wow. That was pretty rosey.
  5. blackbull

blackbull Well-Known Member

1,284 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    I'm rooting for Dez. Seems like a genuine dude and now he's matured and trying to put the work in. He won half of me back after that second half to the season.
  6. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,374 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    I am more positive about this Cowboys team heading into TC than I was about the Cowboys the past 3 years.

It's not that we don't have question marks. Of course, we do. But I think we improved from the coaching staff to the overall quality of players.

If we stay healthy and play with a "don't quit" spirit like we did last year, we have as good a shot of winning the NFC East as any other team, imo.
  7. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

19,836 Messages
    5,416 Likes Received
    I agree with this. That's how good he can be.

He's already one of the top 5 WRs in the game, IMO. I'm talking strictly how good they are playing now. He's got a chance to rival Calvin and Andre as the top wideout in all of football.

It's all about being a better route runner, IMO. If he can get Romo's complete trust, the sky's the limit.

I'd still take Calvin, but Dez is not only in his neighborhood, he may be on the same street.
  8. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

19,836 Messages
    5,416 Likes Received
    Dan is pretty high on the Cowboys this year.