1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Great Cowboys Moments (vids)

Discussion in 'Artwork Zone' started by calico, May 2, 2004.

1. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,270 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    What a GREAT O Line against Buffalo...if you watch that clip, Newton suckers Bruce Smith...Tuinei buries someone at the LOS...and Stepnoski gets out a buries a LB...
  2. calico

calico Active Member

4,141 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    I use a Pinnacle capture card, which is not the best. Then I use either Studio 8 or Adobe Premiere to render the vids.
  3. novadog

novadog New Member

85 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    nice job jay
    i think i'll be over here a lot more since i'm fed up with the pricks at the other board

sweet vids and by the way, you wanna shoot me an e-mail and fill me in on what all you do to get that to work?

thanks

--nova
  4. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,270 Messages
    2 Likes Received

Thanks for the tip...and again, thanks for a great job.
  5. Barrister

Barrister Member

58 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Juke99,

It takes me about 3 steps.

(1) First, I have a capture card in my PC (it's a Winfast 2000XP Deluxe---a decent and cheap card). I just plug my VCR into the card, and capture it with the best possible settings. This process is time consuming (length of the tape) but fairly hands-off. Just let it start capturing and come back in time to turn the capturing off.

(2) I use an encoding program (TMPG Encoder...the best) to make the video DVD-compatible. This is also time consuming, but I usually let it run overnight: I start it before going to bed, and it's usually done by the time I get up.

(3) I use a dvd authoring program like Ulead Workshop or DVDLab to create the DVD. Very easy. Takes about 1 minute to get the program settings right and get started creating the DVD, and I let it do the rest (takes less than 30 min).

Again, it IS a time-consuming process, but pretty hands off (I may spend less than 4-5 minutes at my computer during the entire process). Most of it involves waiting for the PC to do its voodoo.
  6. RatisBeast

RatisBeast Chevy Guy

1,722 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Dang, I remember that OT Redskins game. I loved the Rocket. That play was awesome, that's when people would actually bite on our playaction. :(
  7. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,270 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Thank you sir...I guess I was hoping that there was a program that ran faster than over night, which is basically what I am doing now...

I have a collection of old fight films, mostly Ali...that I began to convert to DVD's...I just run out of patience...

I'll check out some of the stuff you listed above...

Thanks again.
  8. calico

calico Active Member

4,141 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    Thanks Nova, I am tired of the other boards as well. You are probably the only person here who knows me, lol.
  9. Bach

Bach Benched

7,645 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That 35-34 comeback against Washington is my all-time favorite.
    I've been a fan for 27 years now, and it's kind of odd that my favorite game occurred 2 years after I started following the Cowboys.
    Obviously the SB wins were great, but those final 2:30 minutes of that game in '79 was awesome.

P.S. How about getting bored more often :)
  10. RoyBiscuit

RoyBiscuit New Member

194 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Great job, calico...keep em coming!

My favorites were the Aikman throw in OT and the Irvin catch on the Packers. Damn, I miss having the Playmaker around.
  11. David

David New Member

253 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Thanks a bunch bro!! :D
  12. zack

zack Well-Known Member

2,047 Messages
    233 Likes Received
    Very Nice. Thanks, I needed that!
  13. jamez25

jamez25 Active Member

1,616 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    great vids....is it just me, or did the Dallas/wash. game cut out b4 Roger's throw too Thrill Hill?
  14. Bach

Bach Benched

7,645 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I saw it. It ended right after the celebration.
  15. jamez25

jamez25 Active Member

1,616 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    disregard my last post....guess i just had to *save* it...thanks again, those were great vids.
  16. Mattsdad

Mattsdad Member

589 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Thank you. Needed this little "fix" during the long offseason.
  17. RealityWynn

RealityWynn New Member

131 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Good Stuff,
    Thanks!
  18. rynochop

rynochop Well-Known Member

2,273 Messages
    160 Likes Received
    No doubt about Irvin. That catch to tie the Redskin game was awesome. There's no one on this team since him that holds on to that ball.
  19. calico

calico Active Member

4,141 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    Just wanted bump this up and let you guys know that I will be going out of town until Sunday, then I will post more vids on Monday. These vids will still be up until Monday for those who do not have them yet.
  20. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,345 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Those were fantastic!

Am I alone in thinking that Summerall is/was a lousy play-by-play guy? Garbled announcing, lackluster calls for huge plays.

I know he's kind of an institution in Dallas, but I think he's way overrated. The call on the slant was such a wet blanket on that fantastic play.