1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Great News, Laurent Robinson "has indicated Cowboys wouldn't have to be top bidders

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Feb 9, 2012.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,091 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    I got this off of a tweeter,
    Laurent Robinson "has indicated that the Cowboys wouldn't have to be the top bidders to keep him.""
    Note, so now its up to jerry jones and stephen to work out a deal, get a OG and C, then defense, so we can keep our wr core intact and be domination this year at wr if romo has time to throw.
  2. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

74,865 Messages
    1,513 Likes Received
    I hope the Cowboys give him a fair offer. If Robinson truely means what he says by not just looking to the highest bidder then at least the Cowboys should offer him a fair price. Don't turn around and insult him with some low ball contract.
  3. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

19,735 Messages
    5,267 Likes Received
    But also don't pay him as if he's some proven stud receiver either. He's a one year wonder at this point.
  4. bbailey423

bbailey423 Well-Known Member

4,787 Messages
    337 Likes Received
    not only that...he is essentially the 4th option of the receivers (Witten, Austin, Dez, then Laurent)....not to mention Murray and Felix need touches.
  5. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

74,865 Messages
    1,513 Likes Received
    I'm not saying you do but I also do not think he come back with some minimum contract.
  6. Risen Star

19,735 Messages
    5,267 Likes Received
    I'd be really careful not to overpay for Robinson. Romo made him, not the other way around.

I know this is Dallas, where we love to pay through the tooth for overrated players at the first sign of any production but let's break that trend this offseason. If some other team wants to pay him good money, smell ya later, Laurent.
  7. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,659 Messages
    685 Likes Received
    I never suspected we'd have to pay crazy money to keep him. He actually wants to be here, and an incentive laden deal with reasonable base numbers will keep him here.
  8. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

27,769 Messages
    3,758 Likes Received
    This is one re-signing I literally haven't given any thought to.
  9. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,404 Messages
    102 Likes Received
    so what about a 4 year 18 mil offer? To high or too low?
  10. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

10,995 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    I agree. I would give him a deal similar to Green Bay's Jordy Nelson:

4 year/$12-14 million with a decent guaranteed bonus.
  11. Dave_in-NC

Dave_in-NC Well-Known Member

10,878 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    One thing any one can credit Jerry for is not making offending offers. He usually gets raped.
  12. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Same here, but I think for different reasons? I haven't given it much thought simply because I think it's all but a done deal. You?
  13. Dave_in-NC

Dave_in-NC Well-Known Member

10,878 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    I know I do.
  14. natedoug

natedoug Member

63 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Agree - Give him a deal similar to Jordy Nelson with incentives. If he continues to put 10+ TD seasons ,, then some substantial incentives should kick in to pay the man like a #1 WR.
  15. Shadowy329

Shadowy329 Member

232 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Good to hear though if it's just off someones twitter wall I'll wait to celebrate until it's been confirmed with a more trustworthy source.

Got to respect that he's willing to give a hometown discount even after just a short year here.
  16. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He's been quoted several times as saying he wants to stay in Dallas.
  17. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

31,801 Messages
    1,605 Likes Received
    Says who? The depth chart? Anyone who watched the games this last season could see that he was basically Tony's go-to player on a number of occasion.

You don't end up the most productive WR on the team by being the "4th option".
  18. Risen Star

19,735 Messages
    5,267 Likes Received
    Witten, Bryant, Austin, Robinson.

Which guy are you going to give the least attention to if you were a defensive coordinator playing us last year?

Keep his production in it's proper perspective.
  19. M'Kevon

M'Kevon A Love Supreme

3,203 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    That's an excellent reason for keeping him.

Who else as the #4 receiver, under your list, had his numbers?

Ogletree?
    Holley?
    Williams?
    Crayton?
  20. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

27,769 Messages
    3,758 Likes Received
    Yeah, that. That's what I meant. This is the place for him, and we want him. It's pretty much a no-brainer unless someone blows him away with an offer, and that's not going to happen in this WR market. He's got an injury history and one year of great production in a weapons-deep offense.