1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Green Bay Packers vs Pittsburgh Steelers Super Bowl XLV Game Thread

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    New England is a little different. They were just playing over the heads. They don't have the talent Green Bay has. Brady is great and the best quarterback IMO, but he has an average receiving core and the defense is terrible at times.
  2. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,034 Messages
    2,262 Likes Received
    It's a parity league but they are like one of the Big 3 in the AFC except they are the only team in the NFC!

We can take these guys down for sure but we needs more DB's, a better pass rush, and a Right Tacle who can block Clay Matthews.

Gabe Carimi, Patrick Peterson, Robert Quinn, all guys who will be effective against GB if we face them.

I just know we can trot out some Joe Schmoe at Right Tackle with MAtthews playing like he does.

He kept trying to bull rush Flo but Flo stuffed it.
  3. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,205 Messages
    310 Likes Received
    couldn't agree more, New England should actually be better next year, although their record won't be.
  4. Everlastingxxx

Everlastingxxx All Star

7,209 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    I knew he was good but to make the plays he did on the big stage was impressive. Each year is different but you have to admit with Rodgers they will be a serious contender in the coming years.
  5. Draegerman

Draegerman Internet Somebody

3,706 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Wear a :star: on their helmets. ;)
  6. BIGDen

BIGDen Dr. Freakasaurus Zone Supporter

4,437 Messages
    256 Likes Received
    So now the NFC has won 3 of the past 4 SBs. We seem to do ok for being consistently referred to as the "weaker conference".
  7. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,189 Messages
    2,029 Likes Received
    DBs did not win this game for GB. WRs nor RB did either. They didn't make a lot of mistakes, they got a good pass rush on and they tackled. Really, it was as simple as that.
  8. jimmy40

15,205 Messages
    310 Likes Received
    well that pick 6 by a DB was pretty big ABQ.
  9. BIGDen

BIGDen Dr. Freakasaurus Zone Supporter

4,437 Messages
    256 Likes Received
    Oh yeah. Suck on that Ruthlessraper and the StEAlers! Thank God they didn't win. :)
  10. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well, if your team isn't in it, all you can ask is that it be somewhat close and entertaining. Mission accomplished.
  11. Draegerman

Draegerman Internet Somebody

3,706 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    That's a good point, Den.
  12. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,644 Messages
    5,556 Likes Received
    And one of your hated teams losing always helps.
  13. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,034 Messages
    2,262 Likes Received

No im saying thats what we'll need to beat these guys.

We need to get much better against the pass and we need a Right Tackle to stop Matthews.
  14. ABQCOWBOY

35,189 Messages
    2,029 Likes Received
    That Pick 6 could have easily been for 6 had Roethlesburger had a bit more time. The CB was beaten on that play. He was in a trailing position and could not have made a play on the ball had it been thrown accurately. That INT was caused by the pressure and the fact that the QB was hit while trying to deliver the ball. That ball was like a punt. It was not the coverage, it was the pass rush.
  15. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Zone Supporter

28,422 Messages
    1,908 Likes Received
    +1

It's time for the media pundits to spread some of the love in the NFC's direction.
  16. MegaMagick

MegaMagick Active Member

6,336 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Overall i think the AFC had stronger teams this year compared to the NFC, but all it takes is one great team to rise from the pack(ha) and win the superbowl.
  17. jimmy40

15,205 Messages
    310 Likes Received
    the guy still made a play and scored and Green Bays DBs played very well considered they lost both starting CBs for a while, they may not have won the game but they played a large part in it.
  18. ABQCOWBOY

35,189 Messages
    2,029 Likes Received
    The way to beat this team is by getting pressure on Rogers and running the football consistently. Catch, I hear what you are saying but the way I see it, Rogers is probably the best QB in the league right now. He's too accurate and he has good mobility. He will beat the best DBs in the league if he has time. You have to make him get rid of the ball and you have to limit his possesions. Run clock, score points and shorten the game. That's how you beat this team.
  19. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Rodgers is not better than Brady or Manning.
  20. ABQCOWBOY

35,189 Messages
    2,029 Likes Received
    I give him credit for returning it but honestly, that ball was like the last shot out of a Roman Candle. Any Safety who is uncontested, which he was, had better be able to make that play. I guess I just see it as a situation in which the Pack had less then great DBs on the field and still they won because the pressure was there. Guys were open for Pittsburgh, they just didn't have time to find them.