1. CowboysZone Upgrade Coming Soon! For more information, click here.

News: Greg Ellis Interview

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by theogt, Aug 13, 2006.

1. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,877 Messages
    2,703 Likes Received
    Summary:

I'm starting to feel like I can do this (LOLB) now. Everyone has been very supportive. It's been hard with the switch, but I'm the kind of football player that wants to excel at everything I do. Al, Tnew have been helping out a lot. I'm closer to feeling like I'm a linebacker. I'm not 100% but after tonight I can say to myself that I can do it.
  2. BlueStar22

BlueStar22 Well-Known Member

8,421 Messages
    335 Likes Received
    i just posted this also. credited making the open field tackle with helping him believe he can do this.
  3. TruBlueCowboy

TruBlueCowboy New Member

7,301 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Man, Ellis sounds so freaking unconfident. Dude gets me nervous about the defense, and I'm not the one asked to play.
  4. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I'm so glad his attitude has changed. He is a real good player and can be real force for us.
  5. Big Dakota

Big Dakota New Member

11,875 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He sounded MUCH better than he has. Not sure why he's so doubting of his ability? IMHO it's been about the money the whole time. If he plays real well he'll probably want his contract redone again in 2007. No matter, we will worry about this year now and next year then. Just glad he's not making a stink and looking like he's gonna make it at SOLB.
  6. theogt

44,877 Messages
    2,703 Likes Received
    He did sound much better. Almost happy, which is strange for Greg.
  7. BlueStar22

BlueStar22 Well-Known Member

8,421 Messages
    335 Likes Received
    we probably all would be. this man was asked to do something he has NEVER done. It's going to take a little success for him to start to believe.
  8. Draegerman

Draegerman Internet Somebody

3,706 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    He gave a really honest interview tonight. The man is just so afraid to fail and is now finally starting to believe in himself again with the new position at linebacker.

Kudos to him. :clap2:
  9. Big Dakota

Big Dakota New Member

11,875 Messages
    0 Likes Received

That really is strange isn't it? A man who's rose to the top of the football world when 99% of the guys that play college ball don't ever make it, is still so doubting of himself. :confused:
  10. dallasfan31

dallasfan31 New Member

481 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    i am glad he starting to feel good again.
  11. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

55,485 Messages
    8,072 Likes Received
    He has made big strides the last 2 weeks. Give him another 3 weeks of camp and preseason gametime he should be ready for Jacksonville.
  12. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,554 Messages
    242 Likes Received
    Sometimes its that first play that defines a career.

Baseball- your first big W, or your first hit or something
    it goes for all sports. Especially when you change positions. Its being in the moment finally and performing. It gives a real sense of pride that all that work and awkward moments paid off.

he'll be fine. especially since he doesnt HAVE to play there it takes pressure off
  13. ddh33

ddh33 Active Member

4,934 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I've already mentioned in another thread how it's actually refreshing to hear a guy be humble enough to admit some of his insecurities. At the same time, I wish he had as much confidence in himself as most other football players.

You know what worries me most? Ellis is feeling good right now because he made an open field tackle. He's probably going to miss one at some point though. Will he go back into a shell, immediately talking about how he can't do this?
  14. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
  15. theogt

44,877 Messages
    2,703 Likes Received
    :laugh2::laugh1::laugh2::lmao::lmao::laugh2:
  16. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,210 Messages