1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Greg McElroy : Having big week

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Cowboy Brian, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,812 Messages
    273 Likes Received
    Everything i've heard about Greg McElroy this week is he's looking great, possibly the most impressive at Mobile according to a statement by Scott Wright of DraftCountdown, would anyone be against or for drafting him in the later rounds if his stock doesn't keep rising to compete with Stephen McGee for the 3rd spot? or did Stephen McGee lock it up. Everyone knows about Gregs connection with our front office so im sure his dad will be pulling for him to land in Dallas.

Note: He is projected as a 5th/6th round prospect presently.
  2. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,409 Messages
    1,444 Likes Received
    I'm his biggest fan on this forum.
  3. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

59,765 Messages
    2,813 Likes Received
    From what I have seen while watching some of the practices they seem to think his real good attribute is his mind and his eagerness to learn.

I think Mayock said yesterday that he really is not great in any one area but his smarts and eagerness to learn.

Told a story about how he came up to Mayock and asked him for pointers of what would help in the upcoming senior bowl practices and game. Mayock said to start learning the numbering system / verbage that some of the NFL coaches will use that are different from college so he can get a leg up and that Greg thanked him and said he would start on that.

I kind of like Andy Dalton some out of the guys they have shown so far at the camps.
  4. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,155 Messages
    1,330 Likes Received
    Hes the next Jason Garrett.
  5. ringmaster

ringmaster Active Member

1,700 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    Just to think that Nick Saban, wanted Jason at Bama to be his offensive coordinator when he took the job with the Tide.
  6. Zaxor

Zaxor Virtus Mille Scuta

8,399 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Yeah I think he will make a journeyman QB and that is not bad if you take him low enough in a draft