1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Greg Williams done as an NFL coach

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by RS12, Sep 17, 2012.

1. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,041 Messages
    1,046 Likes Received
    Affidavit to commisioner ratting out Vilma and others for pay for performance. According to Schefter this evidence was presented to Vilma at his meeting with Goodell. So there is your rat.
  2. wittenacious

wittenacious Active Member

2,805 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    [IMG]

So Gregg Williams ratted on Vilma?

If so, HE IS DONE... plain 'n' simple. Players will never want to play for him again. "Brotherhood Against The Rat" sorta thing. And NFL head coaches (maybe even Collegiate HCs) will know that, so won't want to hire him.

Done, Gregg!
  3. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,825 Messages
    3,314 Likes Received
    Then how did Vilma's suspension get overturned?
  4. Kimball19

Kimball19 New Member

9 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Because the affidavit wasn't signed until Friday Sept 14th. A week after the NFL panel told Roger he couldn't re-suspend players until he proved intent to injure.
  5. SkinsandTerps

SkinsandTerps Redskins Forever

7,388 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    Both of them are garbage in my mind, I don't care who snitched.

Williams was already expelled, it just makes him stupid to snitch on a player.
  6. dargonking999

dargonking999 DKRandom

11,781 Messages
    155 Likes Received
    No it got overturned because they said that Goodell needed to prove that there was an intent to injure and suspend them for just that. If he was suspending them based on there participation in illegal payoffs for performance thats a salary cap issue and not under his jurisdiction. When he first suspended them, he stated it was for participation in the program including the offering of money into the pool for these "targets" which is a salary cap issue not a conduct issue.
  7. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    Vilma is now claiming that Williams was BULLIED into signing the affidavit.

Desperation time clealry. Where are the Saint's homers now?
  8. pjtoadie

pjtoadie Cleveland's #1 Cowboys fan

1,917 Messages
    470 Likes Received
    This is one of the reasons I'm not surprised that they're 0-2 right now. I told some people that I thought they'd finish 8-8 and I'm sticking with that prediction :)
  9. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

4,638 Messages
    1,304 Likes Received
    No football comment..just want to say your babies are precious!
  10. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

19,132 Messages
    510 Likes Received
    I agree. I expected them not to make the playoff. People say coaching is overrated and you can win solely on talent.

But some very talented teams never made the Super Bowl (90s Vikings, 90s Jacksonville, e.g.) and some very young teams (90s Cowboys under Jimmy Johnson, 00 Alabama under Saban) break through because of coaching.

A very good coach can take a team further than they'd go on their own. The Saints truly miss Sean Payton.
  11. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,264 Messages
    1,904 Likes Received
    saban is just a very very good coach

if he ever had the patience to deal with NFL players (after the dolphins debacle), i would take him in a heartbeat

hard nosed, attention to detail, accountability, experience, skins on the wall

everything you want in a HC
  12. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,104 Messages
    1,463 Likes Received
    You dont think this is a possibility?

This whole thing under Pope Goodells handling of it is pathetic.
  13. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,104 Messages
    1,463 Likes Received
    Saban is an integrity lacking POS and thats why the Dolphins player had little respect for him. Maybe college kids cant see it or dont care, but he was revealed for the POS he is at the NFL level.
  14. burmafrd

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    You are so caught up in your hatred you can't think straight. If this happened anyone involved goes to jail real fast.
  15. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,005 Messages
    3,950 Likes Received
    Gregg Williams’ NFL career likely is over

Posted by Mike Florio on September 18, 2012, 9:41 AM EDT

The Commissioner may reinstate him after the 2012 season, but former Saints defensive coordinator Gregg Williams most likely is done — at least at the NFL level.

Reaction to his September 14, 2012 sworn statement has been swift and it has been clear. Per multiple sources, the feeling around the league is that players will not want to play for Gregg Williams in light of the perception that he “snitched” on Saints linebacker Jonathan Vilma by signing a document claiming that Vilma offered $10,000 to anyone who knocked former Vikings quarterback Brett Favre out of the 2009 NFC title game.

Some players have used strong and colorful language, so strong and so colorful that we won’t repeat it unless and until someone chooses to attach their name to it. The bottom line, as we explained last night, is that no NFL players will follow or trust Williams, especially in light of that ridiculously over-the-top “kill the head” rant from the night before a January 2012 game against the 49ers.

Read more: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/18/gregg-williams-likely-is-ove/
  16. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

20,476 Messages
    793 Likes Received
    If Williams statement is true, does it matter if he was bullied or not? How much does he have to be bullied? He was already suspended indefinitely and probably not likely to get another job before this. What would the league use as leverage to bully him?
  17. burmafrd

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    don't try talking logic to those whose hatred blinds them to any such thing.