1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Griffin and Kaepernick

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by dfense, Nov 26, 2013.

1. blackbull

blackbull Well-Known Member

1,284 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    Garçon got shut down by Carr with no help. Put a corner on dez with no help and god help them
  2. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,512 Messages
    1,624 Likes Received
    His Oline is unbelievable and so is the defense there. With that said, he really doesn't have a good receiving core to throw the ball to besides Vernon Davis. With that said, Kap has certainly regressed this year as well. However, think if he started the year and had Crabtree, their offense would be a lot more potent and he would have a much better year.
  3. ufcrules1

7,512 Messages
    1,624 Likes Received
    Carr is an extremely legit CB. With that said, you're right. There isn't a corner in the league that can stop Dez one on one. Flowers is very talented in KC and Dez owned him all day. Dez is a top 3 WR in the league, but don't kid yourself. Garcon is a legit WR. I would say in the top 20.
  4. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,759 Messages
    676 Likes Received
    Garcon and Boldin get double covered because they are the only good receiver's on their respective teams.

Dez gets doubled because he'll kill you if you don't.. that's the difference, imo.
  5. DuceizBak

DuceizBak Active Member

449 Messages
    141 Likes Received
    Most of these running QB's can't really read a defense.
    They rely on having good run games and plays designed to get 1v1s and have easy throws open.
    Running QB's who are known for their legs will always be a gimmick.
    khiladi likes this.
  6. RoyTheHammer

13,759 Messages
    676 Likes Received
    There's no way Garcon is a top 20 talent at receiver in this league.
  7. Smith22

Smith22 Well-Known Member

5,885 Messages
    283 Likes Received
    I can't stand Deangelo Hall, but he has had some success against Dez.
  8. RoyTheHammer

13,759 Messages
    676 Likes Received
    Not by himself..
  9. 65fastback2plus2

65fastback2plus2 Well-Known Member

2,246 Messages
    1,424 Likes Received
    We are not comparing capability...they are two different kind of players.

I already explained boldin is a possession player...he will get the ball even if two defenders are on top of him and touching the ball. He is not and never has been a separation WR...thats more fitzgerald (when they both played at AZ).

The point is...kap has well enough capable throwing targets....in the realm of what tony has, so no, he doesnt get excuses.
  10. CopenhagenCowboy

CopenhagenCowboy Active Member

954 Messages
    102 Likes Received
    If? RG3 is beyond terrible. Not a top 10 QB and they gave up all that. LOL, I'm laughing with you.
    Richmond Cowboy likes this.
  11. Nation

Nation Well-Known Member

2,931 Messages
    1,487 Likes Received
    He's closer to a Top 15 talent. Who are the 20 that are better than him if he isn't? Guy is on pace for 110 catches and 1,330 yards.
  12. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

3,162 Messages
    1,362 Likes Received
  13. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,441 Messages
    2,592 Likes Received
    Man I just don't think you need all world receivers in the NFL. Especially if you're supposed to be an amazing QB with an amazing OL.

Maybe Kaep is just a little overhyped right now. Vernon Davis and Bolden are good enough with all things considered.

Im a fan of Colin's but right now he is just underperforming.
  14. dfense

dfense Well-Known Member

2,927 Messages
    397 Likes Received
    It cracks me up how many people come the defense of a Redskin yet pummel Romo post after post when he has an off day.
    Smith22 likes this.
  15. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

80,531 Messages
    4,995 Likes Received
    Seems to me they are throwing it more than before putting more on RGIII he has already thrown more passes this season than all of last season. Not shocked that his int was way up from last year.
  16. dropdeadfred5

dropdeadfred5 Active Member

145 Messages
    50 Likes Received
    When you have maybe the best O line in the NFL there really is no excuse for not getting the job done. Even 2nd Tier WRs can get open if you give them the time. And they have a solid running game as well. Not to mention a pretty good D. Kapernick has no one to blame for his problems but himself.

RG3 does not have as much help, certainly his O line is not good, but he does have decent receivers in Garcon, Moss and company. But unlike last year a lot of the time his first option is covered; and he has a lot of trouble going through his progression. Until he does that better he will fail as a QB.
  17. ufcrules1

7,512 Messages
    1,624 Likes Received
    He is currently top 10 in yardage and that is with all the double coverage you talk about.
  18. ufcrules1

7,512 Messages
    1,624 Likes Received
    No, actually Tony has much better targets to throw the ball to. I will certainly concede that Kap is having an off year but some of that has to do with not having Crabtree.
  19. ufcrules1

7,512 Messages
    1,624 Likes Received
    I agree he is underperforming with all things considered as well but I don't think he has a good receiving core at all right now. Vernon Davis is great but Boldin is Meh....
  20. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,441 Messages
    2,592 Likes Received

Garcon may be the most underrated receiver in the entire league. He's a legit top 10 WR.