1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Griffin and Kaepernick

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by dfense, Nov 26, 2013.

1. 65fastback2plus2

65fastback2plus2 Well-Known Member

2,321 Messages
    1,491 Likes Received
    davis is probably a better receiving threat than witten and boldin is slightly less of a threat than dez. i mean, unless you're counting beasley or williams...its not too far apart really.
  2. landroverking

landroverking Well-Known Member

1,727 Messages
    303 Likes Received
    One thing the DCs in the nfl know the read option now. And Ds getting a little more lead way in hitting the QB outside of the pocket when running it.
    65fastback2plus2 likes this.
  3. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

7,339 Messages
    815 Likes Received
    RG3 has a long ways to go before he can be considered a legitimate pocket passer. I'll give him another year so we can completely dismiss the knee injury excuse. Kapernick completely telegraphs every throw. He is fortunate to have such a dominant OL and generally a strong running game. Otherwise, he would be completely exposed. Both players are obviously very physically talented but they leave a lot to be desired in terms of playing the QB position in a traditional sense, which ultimately they must do consistently to be successful
  4. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,720 Messages
    1,854 Likes Received
    Davis is better than Witten but there is a huge gap between Boldin and Dez and I mean HUGE. Williams is also better than any other receiver SF has and Beasley is a nice addition as well. We can also throws Miles in there to mix it up too.
  5. Tenkamenin

Tenkamenin Well-Known Member

1,411 Messages
    245 Likes Received
    Kaepernick has the weirdest delivery in football, It's like he's throwing a javelin.
  6. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,760 Messages
    676 Likes Received
    It cracks me up how so many people have so much misinformation on this board.

lol
  7. RoyTheHammer

13,760 Messages
    676 Likes Received
    If Pierre Garcon eclipses 1,000 yards this year (as im sure he will if not for injury) it will be the first time in his 6 year career that he does so. This after playing with the greatest QB in the history of the NFL for 4 years.

Calling him a top 20 talent in this league right now is a joke. He wouldn't even have a name in the NFL right now if not for playing with Peyton to start his career.

He's not terrible, but as far as talent goes, guys like him can be found all over the league.
  8. ufcrules1

7,720 Messages
    1,854 Likes Received
    Again, he is currently top 10 this year in yardage. I would think that qualifies him for top 20 this year at WR. Go ahead and show us who your top 20 WR's are that are above him this year and what criteria you are using. Saying it is a joke that he is in the top 20 is laughable.
  9. RoyTheHammer

13,760 Messages
    676 Likes Received
    There's a difference between production and talent.

For years i've had this debate about DeSean Jackson of Philly.

People have always said he's one of the top WR's in the NFL, yet his production was alot of times equal to what Miles Austin did last year for us, when everyone said he was worthless and a waste of space on the field.

Yes, Garcon is producing this year, and will finally have a 1,000 yard season after 6 seasons. The fact that it took him this long in his career to get to this point is just part of the reason i think he's a marginal talent, the type of receiver you can find all around the league. Just having a good season.
  10. Smith22

Smith22 Well-Known Member

5,894 Messages
    284 Likes Received
    He didn't play much his rookie year, and his production years 2-4 was pretty decent. I think he missed 1,000 yards by less than 100 one year. It is well known that he had a foot/toe issue most of last season.

Dez had one 1,000 yard season out of his first 3 seasons. I'm not saying Dez isn't better, of course he is, but Garcon is no slouch, or "crap" as you referred to him earlier.

On a side note, I would take A. Morris over all of our current running backs.
  11. RoyTheHammer

13,760 Messages
    676 Likes Received
    To clarify that comment since you missed it in my earlier post.. i said "compared to Dez", Garcon is crap.

He's an average talent at the position, imo.. yes he's producing well this year, but like i said before, Miles put up 950 yards for us last year and everyone tells me how he was worthless last year and garbage and a waste of space on the field and he was injured all year long, and blah, blah, blah..

So clearly, 900 yard seasons don't mean much anymore.
  12. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

13,356 Messages
    2,830 Likes Received
    Ball always travels faster than legs...
    DuceizBak likes this.
  13. ufcrules1

7,720 Messages
    1,854 Likes Received
    I'm still waiting on your top 20 list this year and the criteria. I'm not discussing this guys entire career... I'm talking about right now he is a top 20 WR in the NFL. Saying Garcon is a marginal WR just shows that you don't watch much football. I would love to have this "marginal" WR on our team opposite of Dez.
  14. DuceizBak

DuceizBak Active Member

449 Messages
    141 Likes Received
    he is built like an Ancient Egyptian god so maybe in his mind he is
  15. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

25,698 Messages
    3,528 Likes Received
    So far this year, Romo has had better receivers than Kap.
    I think Crabtree gets back this week though, and then things equal out fairly well.
    ufcrules1 likes this.
  16. koolaid

koolaid Drink Me

1,793 Messages
    86 Likes Received
    RG3 has sucked it up pretty hard this year. Its been fun to watch.
  17. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

13,356 Messages
    2,830 Likes Received
    I'd take Kyle Shanahan over Garrett's offense, especially with Romo...
  18. NIBGoldenchild

NIBGoldenchild Well-Known Member

1,044 Messages
    47 Likes Received
    Griffin is struggling going through his progressions, what is making it more difficult is he rarely has a pocket to do it from. He's taking too long to find the open receiver, or like against Philly and his fumble, he's locked onto the open receiver and for some inexplicable reason turns into a statue, takes a massive hit and fumbles.

I think the constant media circus around him has got in his head, and he's not focused on the football field.

I feel Kaep has actually played worse than Griffin. Much better blocking, yet has less touchdowns, less yards, and a lower completion percentage.
  19. jrumann59

jrumann59 Well-Known Member

5,163 Messages
    762 Likes Received
    RG(ouch my Knee) came back too soon. A quarterbacks mechanics are his arms and his legs, remember what Vinnie taught Romo. Also see what McNabb was doing on bad legs at the end of his career, locking the front knee more and his passes went into the ground. As for Garcon he is a number #2 on most teams int his league, he has had the benefit of playing in games where the redskins were far enough behind teams were playing prevents. As for Reed, I would love to have him on this team as heir apparent to Witten, I think he can become a very good overall TE like Witten. The Redskins should have started the season with RG on the PUP and get Cousins more playing time, then coming into this offseason off load one of them for draft picks.
  20. RoyTheHammer

13,760 Messages
    676 Likes Received
    Im saying he's not some elite, super talented WR. He's good.. but you see guys like him all over the league. Nothing special.

..and come on man, i'm not taking the time to come up with a top 20 list right now. Just know he wouldn't be on mine.