1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Griffin and Kaepernick

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by dfense, Nov 26, 2013.

1. jrumann59

jrumann59 Well-Known Member

4,234 Messages
    404 Likes Received
    I see Garcon as a slightly more talented Robinson. Mainly a #2 WR that can put #1 numbers on any given Sunday. That has been the story for the redskins for the last 20 years a team full of #2 receivers with no real #1 receivers.
  2. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,246 Messages
    1,448 Likes Received
    Uh huh....
  3. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Come up with your top 20 then.. i bet you its not that hard at all to find 20 guys who you think are more talented than Garcon. Hell, i could find almost 10 in just the NFC East that i'd rather have than him.
  4. ufcrules1

7,246 Messages
    1,448 Likes Received
    I already came up with one WR(Garcon) who was top 10 in receiving yards and said I felt he was top 20 this year. You then acted like I was insane, so It is only logical for me to ask you who is in YOUR top 20 and what criteria you are using. Since you can easily come up with 10 in the NFC east alone, it should be very simple for you to come up with 20 better than Garcon. And lol @ 10 other WR's better than Garcon in the NFC east alone.... I would like to see that list too. You just keep outing yourself more and more with every post that you have limited football knowledge of other teams besides the Cowboys. Honestly, there is nothing wrong with that, but don't try to insult other people on stuff you know nothing about.
  5. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Ok, since i have a few minutes and i can do this literally off the top of my head:

Just the NFC East?

Dez, T Will and Miles (if healthy)

Nicks and Cruz

Maclin and Jackson

These are the receivers just in the NFC East that i think have more talent than Garcon and who i would take on my team over him if i was starting one up.

Keep in mind we are discussing two different things.. you're talking about production just this year, i'm talking about overall talent.
  6. ufcrules1

7,246 Messages
    1,448 Likes Received
    You are embarrassing yourself man. My post earlier was talking about how Garcon is a top 20 WR in the league...and he is. He is top 10 in receiving yards this year. Then you go and try to change it to "talent level"? WTH? Then you list a player who hasn't even played this year? Also how In the world can you put Williams ahead of Garcon? A rookie who has not been consistent.

How about you address this year only. Are you going to say Garcon is not top 20 this year? Please provide a list of top 20 this year if not. Or just do us both a favor and admit that Garcon is in fact a top 20 receiver so we can move on.
  7. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    I've been talking about top WR talents the entire time! lol

I really don't care about "what's the guy doing this one season"..

He's had 6 seasons to show us what he can do already, most with the top QB of all time, and still didn't put up a 1,000 yard season until this year. This is not a player with exceptional talent.. he's a guy benefiting from being the only real decent receiver on his team, so he gets a vast majority of the looks.

Also, he's functioning as not much more than a glorified TE for his team, not really doing much of anything downfield, as his ypc aren't much more than Jason Wittin. 12.3 per catch for a WR is pretty low.
  8. ufcrules1

7,246 Messages
    1,448 Likes Received
    Garcon is a top 20 WR in the league and I have given solid reasoning why. You can go on and on about "talent" and talk about receivers who aren't even playing football (Maclin) who has NEVER had a 1k yard season(using your failed logic) and "try" to compare rookie receivers to Garcon, but you really are just spinning your wheels and not making much sense at all. Also, you do realize Garcon gets double covered all the time and STILL puts up the stats he has this year? Garcon is a very legit receiving option, if he were here, he would easily be our #2 receiver behind Dez. It wouldn't even be close with the other guys on our team. It's a joke to compare Williams to Garcon right now as well. You seriously need to watch more football besides the Cowboys if you are going to try and discuss other players in the NFL.
    NIBGoldenchild likes this.
  9. NIBGoldenchild

NIBGoldenchild Well-Known Member

1,010 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    Out of the players you mentioned, I'd only choose Dez and Cruz over him. Nicks hasn't been the same player he used to be, Jackson has superior talent that rarely seems to translate onto the field. Miles is rarely healthy, so why would you take him over Garcon for the 2-3 games he may actually be able to produce anything before he has his 14th pulled hamstring injury. Under your own argument against Garcon, what has Williams ever proven to show he's better??

Not trying to be critical, just don't think your NFC East players that you consider better than Garcon to fit the narrative on why you feel he isn't that good.
  10. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    This year, he is top 20 in production at the position. Yes.

Is he a top 20 talent? No.

The end.

PS.. Garcon certainly DOES NOT get doubled teamed "all the time".

Please spare me the "watch more football" bs, k, ufc? Thanks.
  11. ufcrules1

7,246 Messages
    1,448 Likes Received
    Why spare you? You have no idea what you are talking about when talking about players from other teams. The only time you see said players is when they play the Cowboys. Thanks for finally admitting Garcon was top 20. Took you long enough.
  12. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    On the contrary, you have no idea how often i watch other teams play, and you're talking out your hind end if you try to explain otherwise.

Care to keep this little charade going, bud?

..and as i've already stated, we are discussing two different things. You seem to fail to realize this..
  13. ufcrules1

7,246 Messages
    1,448 Likes Received
    Talking about past talent level is pointless. lol @ even bringing up Maclin's name. This is a what have you done for me lately league and right now, Garcon is not only top 20, he is top 10 and is the only WR on the Redskins that is any good. Again, thanks for admitting that Garcon is top 20, now we can finally continue on about why RG3-8 and Kap are having down years. I feel they have both regressed but also think that neither currently has a solid receiving core. Kap will once he gets Crabtree back and he has played a few games.
  14. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Im not talking about "past talent level".. im talking about "talent level".

You're talking about "production".

Do you know the difference?

..and Maclin is better than Garcon.

Its not even a question. Compare the first 4 years of each of their career's and then consider who they had throwing to them those years.

Child, please..
  15. ufcrules1

7,246 Messages
    1,448 Likes Received
    lol, I don't look at stats alone to determine someones talent level. I actually watch them play. I get it, I love the Cowboys too and love watching them play, but I also love the NFL and watch other teams play every single Sunday. I'm done talking about Maclin(A player who hasn't even played a single down in 2013) and Garcon. It's time for you to move on too. I'm done taking you to school.
  16. DallasCowboysRule!

DallasCowboysRule! Well-Known Member

1,671 Messages
    325 Likes Received
    Griffen has terrible QB mechanics. He throws off his back foot so often I was shocked last season when he performed so well. Coming into the league I thought he would be a bust so last year surprised me. This year is more in line with what I expected from him to begin with.
  17. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    lol

UFC.. if you went to school it'd be on a less than full size bus.

I'm glad you enjoy watching football.. that's probably why you're a fan.

However, that doesn't make you qualified to analyze anyone's talent level just because you watch other teams play.

Maclin is more talented than Garcon. He did more in his first 4 years in the league with less. If you don't agree.. i really don't care.

Like you said.. time to move on.
  18. ufcrules1

7,246 Messages
    1,448 Likes Received
    Ok, you get the last word.
  19. da_whiz_kid

da_whiz_kid Active Member

870 Messages
    115 Likes Received
    Guys guys, I get the last word.

/END THREAD