1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Griffin III - 4.38

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Risen Star, Feb 26, 2012.

1. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

31,056 Messages
    1,910 Likes Received
    Actually I do.

I also miss them not being very relevant when it comes to fielding competitive teams the last couple of decades.

They keep trying with different coaches, but they just aren't recruiting well as their neighbors from mid-state.
  2. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,389 Messages
    1,439 Likes Received
    I never intimated that. I like the kid very much. I pray he doesn't end up in Washington.
  3. Hostile

118,389 Messages
    1,439 Likes Received
    Thanks.
  4. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,603 Messages
    102 Likes Received
    Well I've definitely been hoping he doesn't end up a Skin.

That would suck, course I don't know if they got Peyton would be any better.
  5. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

26,512 Messages
    1,826 Likes Received
    You and me both. With Shanahan's bootleg passes and our seeming inability to sniff them out, we'd get murdered if we can't cover.
  6. casmith07

26,512 Messages
    1,826 Likes Received
    If they get Peyton I won't care. We can get to Peyton Manning - he'll stay in one place and can't really bootleg.
  7. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,603 Messages
    102 Likes Received
    Guess I would still be scared of Peyton if he is healthy. He makes WRs better, and can put a team on his back. He would be a concern.
  8. casmith07

26,512 Messages
    1,826 Likes Received
    Oh he'd be a concern for sure, but we've beaten him handily before. I wouldn't be that worried.
  9. fanfromvirginia

fanfromvirginia Inconceivable!

4,009 Messages
    163 Likes Received
    Were it my choice, I would seriously be tempted to take Griffin over Luck. I know I'm in the minority on this.
  10. overseas

overseas Benched

81 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    hope he does

then we can beat the tar out of him an shanny every year

that team is so cursed he will end up in Oak just like the last savior did
  11. cobra

cobra Salty Bastard

3,134 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Wow, that's fast. As Vick has shown, that kind of speed should be good for at least 5 Lombardis.
  12. cobra

cobra Salty Bastard

3,134 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yes, yes you are.

(Assuming you are drafting for a NFL team running an NFL offense with the goal of winning Super Bowls. If you are instead drafting a track team, or to sell jerseys or have a QB with lots of endorsements deal, then you might be on to something.)
  13. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

19,833 Messages
    5,392 Likes Received
    I don't know if I would place Griffin on the same board with Luck.

He's a no brainer #1 overall pick.
  14. overseas

overseas Benched

81 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    SYSTEM QB

Briles had Kolb - 12,000 yards - 85 tds

hows he working out ?

has he won anything ?
  15. SkinsHokieFan

SkinsHokieFan Well-Known Member

2,239 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    Tedford had Aaron Rodgers.

Prior to that he also had Joey Harrington.

For a very long time, the Tedford system was deemed a "bust" system because of the way he taught QB's to read the field.

Aaron Rodgers broke the mold.

What is key for a QB to succeed in the NFL? A stable organization and system that they can grow into. Its why Rodgers has been so successful and Alex Smith struggled so much, one has had a consistent system for his entire career, the other had 7 different OC's.

Does the skill set translate to the NFL? Luck's certainly does, better then anyone's has since Peyton.

RG3 also has a skill set which translates to the NFL. Good size, terrific arm, great deep ball accuracy and a passer first.

The running is just icing on the cake for both these guys. Although Luck is going to have to run a lot more because I am not afraid to say that his Stanford o-line will be better then the Colts o-line he has for the next 2 years
  16. Dmoore Esq

Dmoore Esq Member

170 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I just hope he doesn't end up a Redskin because I don't want to root against the guy. Seems like a great kid. What's the most impressive thing about him is he has world class speed but he's not a running QB. At the college level, you could have had a successful offense just running the ball with him.
  17. overseas

overseas Benched

81 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    well I hope you get him Skins Hokie fan

and so Rg iii is not going to have to run with the Skins O lime - lol - by the time he gets to his third read he will want to run

so we can beat him up every twice ayear

gawd I hate all of you RG III SLOBER FEST dudes

I SAY GOOD DAY TO YOU

has he taken a snap in the NFL yet ?
  18. SkinsHokieFan

SkinsHokieFan Well-Known Member

2,239 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    Has anyone taken a snap in the NFL yet?

Andrew Luck won't get 8 seconds to throw the ball next year.

People thought Cam newton was going to be a major bust

You can never predict, you just try and project based on skill set and how well they fit into your system.
  19. Hostile

118,389 Messages
    1,439 Likes Received
    I firmly believe Cleveland ends up with him at the #2 spot.
  20. cobra

cobra Salty Bastard

3,134 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Someone who runs a gimmick college spread offense does not translate into the NFL.

He doesn't have good size. He just avoided having terrible size. Strong arm and fast, yes. But it was a gimmick offense that caused his passing numbers. If you think his passing performance is elite, then you should want to draft Case Keenum because whatever you can point to as a passer production and skill set, Case can surpass Griffin.

I think Griffin deserves to be the second drafted QB. But what I can't stand is people acting like he in the same class as Luck or a better prospect than Luck because he ran a gimmick offense.

Any team drafting Griffin has to admit that he is being drafted as dual threat. There's no shame against admitting that. It's betting against history as far as success goes, but it is reasonable risk. What is silly is the attempt to argue that he is being drafted as a pure pocket passer when he never ran a pro offense.

I agree. I don't fear Griffin. He'll have some great individual performances, but over time he'll break his teams heart.

I just hope he doesn't because a Redskin because I like him and would hate for him to go to such a joke of a bottom-feeding franchise. And I'd feel bad laughing at him as he loses to us and most people as is typical.