1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Griffin III Declares

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Hostile, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,741 Messages
    2,417 Likes Received
  2. dallasfaniac

dallasfaniac Active Member

4,197 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    And then Cowboys fans rejoice.
  3. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,453 Messages
    611 Likes Received
    In all seriousness I really hope the Skins can't get him, good QB play is the only thing keeping them from being serious contenders in the division and I really don't want to think about playing RG3 twice a year for the next decade.
  4. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,528 Messages
    2,215 Likes Received
    Does this shock anyone?

Rumblings have been coming out for weeks.

Basically a formality at this point.
  5. Aikbach

Aikbach Well-Known Member

9,722 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    Third time is a charm for ESPN, man did they want to report some version of that story at all costs, facts be damned.

I guess they want to amp up draft hype for ratings and if RG3 didn't declare it would be a boring quarterback draft, one and done with Luck.
  6. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Disagree completely. This offensive line is awful even worse than ours. Their recieving core sucks as well. Their defense is average at best. Even with Griffin they are still not even close to being a contender. Griffin or no Griffin they'll still be at the bottom of the NFC East again.
  7. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,453 Messages
    611 Likes Received
    Their defense is definitely not "average at best". That front 7 is legit and if Laron Landry recovers from that achilles injury he adds another playmaker for them in the secondary along with Josh Wilson who is underrated.

They were only 4 games back with absolutely horrid QB play and a season riddled with injury. You're naive if you think they have no shot with an addition of a QB like Griffin.
  8. Aikbach

9,722 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    Griffin wil go in the top 4, Skins will have to trade up to get him.
  9. 03EBZ06

03EBZ06 Need2Speed

7,979 Messages
    411 Likes Received
    Yup and I think they will do whatever it takes to get him. This announcement made lot of skins fans very happy.
  10. Aikbach

9,722 Messages
    39 Likes Received
  11. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,070 Messages
    2,858 Likes Received
    I would not be surprised to see the Browns go after RGIII with the 4th overall
  12. rooler

rooler Benched

62 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    heisman winners that won super bowls

Reggie Bush
    Tony Dorsett
    Charles Woodson
    Marcus Allen
    Desmond Howard
    George Rogers
    Jim Plunket
    Mike Garrett
    Roger Staubach

so no Super Bowl for you Robert
  13. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    What does this say for the Cowboys ? For all their weaknesses , we struggle every game with them .
  14. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,393 Messages
    1,261 Likes Received
    Is Danny standing outside his dorm?:laugh2:
  15. cobra

cobra Salty Bastard

3,134 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The most burning question in my mind is, if the Skins trade the farm to get up to 3 to draft Griffin, what will his jersey say on the back?

Griffin

or

Griffin III

or

Consolation Prize
  16. Aikbach

9,722 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    Strange attempt at a put down, but anyhow Griffin had the III on his jersey because one of his offensive lineman was also named Robert Griffin, whom teammates affectionately dubbed the nicknames Big Grif and RG2.
  17. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If he can put on a little weight and stay healthy it's hard to see him not having success as an NFL starter. He's faster, more accurate and has a better head on his shoulders than Michael Vick and he has had decent success at this level.

If he goes to Washington, it will be interesting to see if he can continue his trend of taking teams that have been left for dead to unprecented levels of success that goes back to his high school days. He'll have to be a one man show in D.C. for a few years as well in all likelihood as they have very little offensive talent to speak of and their defense is getting old. I can see him reviving Sanatana Moss temporarily with his ability to throw the deep ball.