1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

guard David DeCastro is known for his pulling technique.

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Nov 30, 2011.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    http://www.mercurynews.com/peninsula/ci_19405067

The 6-foot-5, 310-pound redshirt junior has made 37 consecutive starts at right guard. During that time, the Cardinal has allowed 22 sacks and averaged 214.0 rushing yards. None of it would be possible without DeCastro's shift one spot over on the line.

"We started off as a zone running team, an outside zone team, and at the center position you can get by without being a great athlete," Shaw said. "David is a great athlete, and in order to cut on the back of these plays the guards need to be super athletic. So we had to put him at guard. Then we became a power team."

That led to DeCastro becoming the best pulling guard Shaw has ever seen in college.
  2. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,422 Messages
    333 Likes Received
    Yep DeCastro will be a top 20 pick in the draft.
  3. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I want this guy in a Cowboys uniform!!!!! DeMarco running behind him would be lights out!
  4. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,422 Messages
    333 Likes Received
    I would love that too but I don't think he would be there when we pick.
  5. cowboysfan31

cowboysfan31 Active Member

1,292 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I watched DeCastro play earlier this year, and his feet are amazing. When he was moving around he looked like a TE out there, but he still gets good push straight ahead too. I wouldn't mind seeing a star on his helmet, though I doubt it will happen.
  6. Bigdog

Bigdog Well-Known Member

1,569 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    I second that. I think he will be long gone by the time we pick. We would have to trade up to get him if he comes out. I would love to get him and maybe Ben Jones in the 3rd. I'm thinking that there is no way of us getting Konz (if he comes out) in the 2nd along with DeCastro but if that happens I would call it an A+ draft no matter who we pick after.
  7. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,063 Messages
    5,397 Likes Received
    The Boys should trade up for DeCastro if at all possible. He is the Tyron Smith of Guards.