1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Gunman kills family over financial woes

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by StevenOtero, Oct 7, 2008.

1. StevenOtero

StevenOtero Well-Known Member

6,414 Messages
    370 Likes Received
    Gunman kills family over financial woes

[IMG]

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=642563

An unemployed finance graduate plagued by money problems has shot dead his wife, three children and mother-in-law before turning the gun on himself in Los Angeles. Police found the bodies Sunday, but the killings happened sometime after Saturday evening. A handgun was found in the father's grasp.

Karthik Rajaram, 45, left two suicide notes - one for police and one for friends and relatives - and a will. The family was originally from India.

"The source of it appears to be a financial state, a crisis if you will, that this man became embroiled in that has unfolded over the past weeks," police spokesman Michel Moore said.

The man wrote in his suicide letter that he felt he had two options - to kill himself, or to kill himself and his family - and decided the second option was more honourable, Moore said. Officers found the mother-in-law, Indra Ramasesham, 69, dead in bed on the first floor. Upstairs, they found a 19-year-old son, Krishna Rajaram, dead in bed in the master bedroom.

The gunman's 39-year-old wife, Subasri, was found in another room, also apparently shot while sleeping, Moore said.

In an adjoining room, a 12-year-old son, Ganesha, was dead on the floor, and his seven-year-old brother, Arjuna, was dead in bed.

Their father's body was found there with a handgun "in his grasp," Moore said.

Coroner's assistant chief Ed Winter said the victims were shot multiple times. Karthik Rajaram had a Masters of Business Administration in finance, formerly worked for PricewaterhouseCoopers and Sony Pictures, but had been unemployed for several months, Moore said. Moore did not specify what financial trouble the man had been in. He noted that the family did not own the home.

But investigators have determined that Rajaram was at least the part-owner of a financial holding company, Moore said.
  2. StevenOtero

6,414 Messages
    370 Likes Received
    Ditto.
  3. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

61,083 Messages
    4,428 Likes Received
    Yep...financial mess is a great reason to kill your family and yourself.

One might even argue that the guy was a nutcase to start with and if it were not the economy that hurt him it would have been something else that would have screwed his financial situation up (like him gambling it away, using drugs, making bad investments, spending over his means, an affair or a littany of other things).

Either way the guy is scum. Take your own life if you want, leave your damn family out of it.
  4. StevenOtero

6,414 Messages
    370 Likes Received
    I couldn't agree more.
  5. Big Dakota

Big Dakota New Member

11,875 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I have 2 sons. I'd sell every damn thing i had, work 3 shifts at micky D's, live in a box and eat at soup kitchens before i harmed one hair on my boys.

Judging by the home and cars, he may have had a hard time giving up his way of life. You go broke, you start over, you don't murder your entire family. sheesh:banghead:
  6. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That is the funny thing about people who are privileged growing up they lose everything they role over and die.

Heck I make a decent living now if I lost everything I sure the hell and taking my life and everyone else with me I will find a way to get a job doing something. Hell i will dig ditches if i have to or clean toilets.

I do not get it you pick yourself up dust yourself off and get on with life.
  7. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,898 Messages
    2,707 Likes Received
    You and me both BD. I lost my job almost 3 weeks ago and the construction industry sucks right now. I am doing handy man jobs until I land another job. Stuff I hate doing and swore I'd never do again.

Giving up is for losers. This guy is a loser. He didn't deserve a family, they didn't deserve him. They deserved much better.
  8. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Vanity.
    One of the deadly sins.
  9. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Hostile sorry to hear you got layed off I went threw it a year and a half ago I got lucky and rebound fast and came out better off than staying. Keep at it and sometimes things will fall the right way
  10. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah what a coward... Only the weak kill themselves and their families.
  11. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,766 Messages
    1,657 Likes Received
    But of course now some will blame Bush. Typical liberals- totally unable to take responsibility for their own actions, let alone anyone elses.
  12. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,177 Messages
    300 Likes Received
    Why else would it be posted here?
  13. Big Dakota

Big Dakota New Member

11,875 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Sorry to hear that Hos. Things aren't very good in the cattle markets either, but we're slugging away. Here's hoping the construction market comes back for you.
  14. DaBoys4Life

DaBoys4Life Benched

15,621 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't think you can blame financial woes on this guy. Look at his house and they have 2 cars in the driveway.....I'm pretty sure if you sell that house you could find an apartment and sell one of those cars and get back on your feet maybe both of those cars and get a cheap point a to point b car.