1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Hall of Fame Announcement Thread***Allen IN-2013 class Post #9***

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Feb 2, 2013.

1. KB1122

KB1122 Well-Known Member

1,292 Messages
    258 Likes Received
    Oh, hey, the Senior Committee picks another obscure linebacker over Chuck Howley.

The Kansas City Chiefs get another player in. Do you know that there are now 15 Kansas City Chiefs in the Hall of Fame? Granted that some of those are short timers. Still, for a team that hasn't played for a championship since 1970 .....
  2. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received

It's a Packer. Standards don't apply.
  3. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

8,612 Messages
    3,501 Likes Received
    I pray this is a wake up call for Jerry. We're going nowhere with living and bernie.
  4. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Well-Known Member

1,864 Messages
    577 Likes Received
    First off I'm really fired up for Larry, well deserved.

However I'm a little peeved that ESPN and others are saying Parcells, Sapp and Carter are headlining this class. Maybe his mouth gets him more attention but I think Allen was 20 times the player Sapp was. Sapp deserves HOF but Allen us more a person who I consider best ever that should headline.
  5. forever22

forever22 Member

369 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Congrats to Larry

:clap2:
  6. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,089 Messages
    214 Likes Received
    I hope he just goes up there, says "Thanks you to everyone in my career" and then sits back down :laugh2:
  7. crashintonickdm

crashintonickdm Active Member

701 Messages
    144 Likes Received
    cant wait til ESPN only talks about cris carter like they did with dick vitale in 2007
  8. lane

lane The Chairman

10,390 Messages
    344 Likes Received
    :bow:

andre reed getting snubbed over carter gets me as well.
  9. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

3,945 Messages
    425 Likes Received
    If Larry Allen didn't get in on first try I would have boycotted the Hall of Fame...
  10. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton it was the grave marked unknown right beside

6,475 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Congrats to LA.

Sapp over Strahan is a head shaker.
  11. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

19,033 Messages
    473 Likes Received
    I told Cowboys fans they had nothing to worry about. Larry Allen was automatic as a first-time ballot Hall of Famer. :D :clap:
  12. tyke1doe

19,033 Messages
    473 Likes Received
    I would have put Sapp over Strahan. Sapp was an absolute terror when he was in his prime. For the longest time, he WAS the Tampa Bay defense. Strahan had more help from his front seven than Sapp, IMO.
  13. tyke1doe

19,033 Messages
    473 Likes Received
    I was riding home from work listening to ESPN radio and they talked about 30 minutes about Carter without mentioning anyone else who made the Hall of Fame. I'm like "Uh, do you all want to mention who else made it?" Even during the short sports/news break segments at the top and half hour, they didn't mention the rest. I only learned about Allen's selection when ESPN played an interview with Cris Carter and he said, "When I heard Allen's name (based on alphabetical arrangement) I started to get excited ..." (I paraphrase, of course).

Simply infuriating. :banghead:
  14. tyke1doe

19,033 Messages
    473 Likes Received
    They're probably saying that because those three are more identifiable to the general public. Allen is known throughout football circles, but he isn't on television or doesn't have his name mentioned as often as the otehr three.

But I agree with you. As it relates to football productivity, Allen should be up there beyond Sapp and Carter (based on his status as the greatest/near greatest at his position) and beyond Parcells (who I wouldn't rank as in the top five greatest coaches).

Larry Allen is definitely one of the top five guards to have played the game.
  15. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

5,716 Messages
    330 Likes Received
    Allen was the most dominant player I ever saw at one position, if he didn't make it on his first try I honestly don't know who should.
  16. tyke1doe

19,033 Messages
    473 Likes Received
    Good post.
  17. tyke1doe

19,033 Messages
    473 Likes Received
    He was great before the Bucs defense became dominant.
  18. DavidS

DavidS Well-Known Member

1,096 Messages
    181 Likes Received
    [youtube]HfdccMvOa5k[/youtube]
  19. rkell87

rkell87 Well-Known Member

7,348 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    yes..
  20. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member