1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Halo 4

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Hoofbite, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,531 Messages
    2,217 Likes Received
    Just had my first taste of Halo 4.

Buddy of mine has it and we screwed around a bit in some of the maps.

Anyone gonna pick it up?
  2. StevenOtero

StevenOtero Well-Known Member

6,414 Messages
    370 Likes Received
    *sigh*

To be on a limited budget this year during big release season.
  3. Hoofbite

32,531 Messages
    2,217 Likes Received
    It does look like a good season.

Halo 4 looks amazing. The audio in the game is exceptional. The guns have unique sounds and the warthog sounds like Gravedigger. It is 100% beastly in the way it sounds. It might have some of the best FPS sound effects I've ever seen.

I'm trying to temper expectations because H2 was the absolute pinnacle of FPS's and Halo 3 and ODST were pretty weak, IMO. Halo 4 is probably the closest rendition to Halo 2 that they have made. Sniping (at least split-screen, same console.....didn't go online with it) is the way it used to be in Halo 2, or at least close to it. I don't know how to explain it but Halo 3 and ODST had horrid sniping mechanics.

Call of Duty looks like it's going to be good. I've heard they've removed some of the stuff like Last Stand and refined some aspects. That's a plus.

Borderlands 2 has been phenomenal.

Assassin's Creed is supposed to be awesome.

Pretty good little 3 month run for video games.
  4. the kid 05

the kid 05 Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds

9,541 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Hoof i bought my brother AC3 and he loves it. I'm torn between buying h4 or bo2. I'll more than likely get h4 as i dont trust treyarch to make an all around solid game.
  5. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,033 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    Yes I'm getting it, but I'll wait until the price drops. I've been addicted to this series ever since the initial launch.
  6. TheCowboy

TheCowboy The Teen

2,531 Messages
    565 Likes Received
    I'm not a big halo fan, but the last Halo game I owned was Halo 3 so obviously it probably changed a lot. I'm probably going to get it.

As for the game season, it's crazy. Black Ops 2, Borderlands 2, Assassins Creed 3, Halo 4, Dishonored, Family Guy: Back to the Multiverse, and NASCAR The Game: Inside Line are all games I want to buy.

Which one should I buy on release day and which one should I wait till the price drop is the question.
  7. Hoofbite

32,531 Messages
    2,217 Likes Received
    I never really got into it.

I played one and it was fun but most of the RPG type games aren't on my menu.

It looks like a great game but the genre just doesn't interest me all that much.

I'll be getting both games......cause I'm lame like that.

Anyone know anything about modding an XBOX to play bootlegs?
  8. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

11,026 Messages
    451 Likes Received
    Never been that into Halo, loved the first one and steadily lost interest in the series with every new game. I had no plans on getting Halo 4 until i started seeing some of the reviews, it's getting amazing reviews.

i'll probably end up buying it
  9. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Well-Known Member

2,564 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    Never got into Halo, but I'm getting BO2.
  10. the kid 05

9,541 Messages
    3 Likes Received

I'm a firm believer that if Halo never happened us gamers would have never seen a fps game with tight controls, def is worth picking up imo
  11. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,426 Messages
    1,684 Likes Received
    I'm glad they are getting closer to 2. Totally agree that its the best FPS game out there...my friends and I still actually play it from time to time. 3 really turned me off so I didn't even bother with ODST. I thought Reach did a good job of getting back to feeling more like 2, and if they continued that with 4 it should be a really awesome game.
  12. The Ominous

The Ominous Dead Man Stalkin

1,213 Messages
    170 Likes Received
    Epic game right here folks. Puts most other shooters to shame, especially CoD. I am having a blast.
  13. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

6,198 Messages
    1,885 Likes Received
    I love the Halo series, it is the closest thing to my all-time favorite, Half-Life.

I will be gaming in a few days :)
  14. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,033 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    I agree. Halo changed the game. You should give it a shot.
  15. TheCowboy

TheCowboy The Teen

2,531 Messages
    565 Likes Received
    Just bought it. I am going to have to play it tomorrow though. :(
  16. bigdnlaca

bigdnlaca Active Member

971 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    I bought Halo 3 only because I received the game a week early and it was cool but once I got into COD4, I wasn't feeling Halo and I never gave it a chance since.

Maybe I'll pick it up on Black Friday but for now I would play BO2 since a lot of people I know (including my wife and sis) would plays it.
  17. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,033 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    I would suggest starting with the original. Halo is one of those series that you have to play the first one first to understand what is going on. I am sure you can get the first one dirt cheap.
  18. bigdnlaca

bigdnlaca Active Member

971 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    Well I like to play multiplayer. I could care less about story mode. Would you still suggest for me to get the original?
  19. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Bought this last night.. 343 did well. Don't know if it'll be as classic as Halo 3, but i like what they did with it as far as multiplayer.

GT: Garbz410 if anyone has xbox live and wants to squad up.
  20. the kid 05

9,541 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    halo 3 sucked tho