1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Hanna, not Escobar, works as second TE with starters

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by RS12, Jul 21, 2013.

1. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

3,469 Messages
    1,181 Likes Received
    Even if he is our 3rd TE this year, he'll likely be the 1st TE (with Hanna being the 2nd) for the next decade. How is that a wasted pick?
  2. jimnabby

jimnabby Well-Known Member

3,558 Messages
    407 Likes Received
    Is this sarcasm too? If we had a QB as BPA in the second round, absolutely we should have taken him.
  3. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

3,960 Messages
    428 Likes Received
    Hanna stretches the field, I like what he brings to the table honestly....
  4. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,044 Messages
    1,599 Likes Received
    I think Escobar will contribute this season even if he is not listed as a 2nd TE, I think he will still see time in certain situation. I have no issue with Hanna being listed as the 2nd he has more experiance and understanding of the offense.
  5. KevinU

KevinU Active Member

323 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    It will be interesting to see multiple TE sets near the goal line this year. Each TE and Bryant will make it challenging for any defense.

6. Galian Beast

Galian Beast Well-Known Member

8,120 Messages
    743 Likes Received
    I hit reply on your post, but I wasn't actually replying to your post specifically.
  7. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,604 Messages
    102 Likes Received
    Yeah, this is where alot of people underestimate the pick of Escobar. If I were JG (hope he listens lol), anytime I'm inside the 10 yard line I would have Witten and Escobar in the game. The beauty of the 12 will be in these situations, with the opportunity to run or pass out of it.

Alot of people underestimate the value of TEs, and when they start scoring TDs, those people will go away. As much as Romo likes to throw to the position, really it should be a no brainer for us to make it a position of strength. Both Hanna and Escobar will be used depending on the situation, and the offense will be better for it.
  8. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

6,724 Messages
    1,063 Likes Received
    Ah, ok.. now it makes sense.
  9. TheRomoSexual

TheRomoSexual Well-Known Member

2,413 Messages
    856 Likes Received
    Exactly. Our problem the last couple years has not been an inability to gain yards, but rather an inability to score touchdowns.