1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Hanna, picked by Cowboys in 6th rd, knows this is a good time for tight ends in NFL

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Apr 29, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,239 Messages
    7,068 Likes Received
    -- Carlos Mendez

It is a good time for tight ends in the NFL, and James Hanna knows it.

“There’s so many teams really looking to use tight ends, even multiple tight ends, so I couldn’t be happier with the time that I’m in the league, and I’m grateful for the opportunity,” he said Saturday after the Cowboys took him in the sixth round of the NFL draft.

The former Flower Mound High School star was the 186th pick of the three-day draft, and one of only two offensive players the Cowboys took. He was the fastest tight end at the NFL combine and also led tight ends at the combine in the 20-yard shuttle, three-cone drill, vertical jump and broad jump.

“My strengths are that I’m very fast, I’m good with the ball after I catch it, and I’m very coachable and I like to learn technique and the reasons behind why we’re doing certain things and with certain positions,” he said. “Obviously, I’m not at a starting tight end level, so I just need to improve in every way so I can be the best I can be.”

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com/cowboys/#storylink=cpy
  2. Canadian BoyzFan

Canadian BoyzFan Active Member

3,315 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Witten will help this kid.
  3. johnnyd

johnnyd Active Member

1,657 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    I really like this pick (and coale as well) ,im rooting for him.
  4. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,581 Messages
    2,963 Likes Received
    That last quote is great - he knows he needs to improve and knows his role on the team. That's huge.