1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Happy Anniversary Superbowl XXVII (January 31, 1993)

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Joe Rod, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,525 Messages
    601 Likes Received
    Twenty Years ago, Troy Aikman led the upstart Cowboys to a Superbowl XXVII beatdown of the Buffalo Bills.
  2. Manster68

Manster68 Well-Known Member

1,611 Messages
    99 Likes Received
    You beat me to it!

One of the happiest days of my life!
  3. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    What a great game.

I think I will watch that today while I tackle laundry and mopping.

Ken norton stuffing Kenneth Davis is still my favorite moment, it signified everything that team was about.

In 91 norton stood up Barry sanders on a 4th and 1 in the lions game but it didn't mean much in the end.

The euphoria from beating the niners in the championship game hadn't even worn off by the time we played the Super Bowl.

Then to win the sb was just amazing.
  4. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

6,383 Messages
    462 Likes Received
    Now I feel old. Thanks.
  5. hutch1254

hutch1254 Well-Known Member

1,449 Messages
    194 Likes Received
    Being a Cowboys fan living in Buffalo...that was a pretty awesome day. I can remember walking around different parts of town with my fan gear on and Bills fans were so defeated they had nothing left in the tank to muster up any kind of defiant retort. It was a lot of eyes looking up, seeing my Cowboys jersey, and then eyes looking back down or away.

What could you say after a beat down like that?
  6. Boys122

Boys122 Well-Known Member

1,382 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    I remember it well. Can't believe it's been that long.
  7. DWhite Fan

DWhite Fan It ain't over 'til it's over

5,399 Messages
    364 Likes Received
    Norton's stonewall of Davis was one of the very best plays I have ever seen. The hit he put on Kelly was amazing. I remember it seem Ken was making plays all over the place that day. I remember it took forever for Ken to pick up Reich's fumble for the TD, LOL! I though Norton could have easily been picked the MVP just as easy as Troy was...
    [IMG]

What an incredible day that was!
    I couldn't speak the next day cause my throat was so sore from yelling :laugh2:

Hats off to the 1992 Super Bowl Champion Dallas Cowboys :starspin
  8. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    I loved ken norton so much.

It was heartbreaking watching him in that stupid niners uni.

Jerry wouldn't pay a real cowboy player who was a big part of the locker room in norton and then he turns around and gives away a fortunate to Deion frigging sanders a front running outsider.

The uniforms of both teams against the natural grass and the sun that day is just perfect also.

I still think that should just be the home of the Super Bowl.
  9. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,392 Messages
    5,917 Likes Received
    I was thinking the same thing the other day. I guess it doesn't have enough suites to get the super bowl anymore.
  10. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,888 Messages
    2,059 Likes Received
    Hard to believe it was 20 years ago.

What a great day it was.

I was fortunate to be able to go to the game. One of the best experiences in my life! Just awesome!
  11. punit328

punit328 Active Member

699 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Where can you watch it? Will it be on the NFL Network?
  12. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

11,130 Messages
    1,393 Likes Received
    My son just texted me that he is in the Philadelphia airport wearing his Cowboys hat.

Brings a tear to my eye, .. that's my boy!

(he is going to Cancun and I'm in WV watching it snow, .. what is wrong with this picture?)
  13. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

7,523 Messages
    1,190 Likes Received
    Great memories. Still have it on VHS tape. All three of them for that matter. i was so nervous before that game and when the Bills scored first but then well we all know what happened..
  14. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,263 Messages
    537 Likes Received
    I do to. Need to move them over to DVD before all the VCR's are gone.
  15. DenCWBY

DenCWBY Active Member

803 Messages
    179 Likes Received
    Aside from the day each of my children were born and the day I got my quail hunting limit while hauling in an 8 lbs black bass (all in one day),
    This day 20 years ago was one at the top of the list.
    Thanks for the reminder!!
    That Cowboy team had NO weaknesses. They were so awesome and the beauty of it was that we stomped through SF to get there.
  16. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,722 Messages
    1,809 Likes Received
    I won $2500 on a pool that game. I bought 3 squares for $100 each because I just knew that the Cowboys had arrived. People here in Utah thought I was crazy! Of course, it was a betting board of chance, but, my number hit!

I bought a Aikman authentic jersey for $175 and since my stepson loves the Bills, I bought him a Bills Jim Kelly jersey just because he was so disappointed.

I also have an Aikman blue jersey from the next year that the Cowboys won the SB. They have never been worn.

:star:
  17. Boyzmamacita

Boyzmamacita The Ultimate Cowbabe Zone Supporter

14,461 Messages
    1,664 Likes Received
    Joe Rod, you're bringing tears to my eyes. That was the perfect game on a perfect day. Everything was aligned just right. We trailed 10-0 at one point, but the truth was, Buffalo didn't stand a chance that day. The Dallas Cowboys winning Super Bowl XXVII was just meant to be. Destiny sounds corny, but that's just what it was. I miss that feeling of Cowboys invincibility. That team was so loaded...
  18. FanSince61

FanSince61 Thanks for the memories Dandy

865 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    We never trailed 10-0. It was 7-0, then we tied it at 7-7 on Aikman to Novacek pass. Went ahead 14-7 on on Jimmy Jones TD. Never trailed after that.

My favorite of the 90's Super Bowl, what a great game.

To me the real Super Bowl was beating SF in the NFC championship.

Those twenty year went by fast.
  19. Boyzmamacita

Boyzmamacita The Ultimate Cowbabe Zone Supporter

14,461 Messages
    1,664 Likes Received
    OK. I don't know why I thought they had an early field goal. Anyway, it wouldn't have mattered. The Cowboys were ON. Yeah, those two decades flew by.
  20. FanSince61

FanSince61 Thanks for the memories Dandy

865 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    They did kick a field goal to make it 14-10.

We score to two quick TD (seconds apart) in the 1st and 2nd quarter. Irvin caught two TD in the 2nd to make a 28-10 at the half.